Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Thread Manager, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironwez20 Registered

That would suck so much. Who is venom without Spider-Man? Ah well. Venom looks good I guess

2. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

If they go the Ultimate Venom route and they don't have the spider insignia on the chest, then I don't see a big deal with Venom's design not having anything to do with Spidey. Now, if there is a giant spider on his chest....yeah issues :o

Does anyone find the In Association with Marvel Studios thing odd? None of the FOX film have that on there...does that mean they actually had a minor role?

3. Michael Frost Frozen Still

This looks like a schlocky B movie at best. But that's not necessarily a bad thing considering it's an adaptation of a series of comics from the 90s era. It really has that Blade/Spawn movie vibe...

I'm just a bit annoyed that they fast tracked this movie, gave us the perfect casting for Brock along with a badass look, voice and bickering between the two but killed the context from which this character should be coming from... I was banking hard on Tom Holland finding the suit on some weird planet in Infinity War and bringing it to Earth. If you think about it, he even has a bigger chest spider now with Tony's suit, it would've made perfect sense for the symbiote to base itself out of that look.

The problem is if this movie turns out simply just "ok". Because if it's somewhat successful, it ruins the chance for an actual comic book accurate version of Brock along with MCU Spidey while not actually giving us a fully satisfying depiction of the character :(

4. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

We’ll see. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but spending most of your first real trailer showing Brock using symbiotic tendrils tells me he’s going to do something similar to that for most of the movie before suiting up at the final act.

I think that means the opposite. Marvel has next to nothing to do with this and they want to put an asterisk next to their logo to let everyone know “this isn’t actually us.”

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

It can go either way, but it seems odd since they never cared about putting that in the title slug of past films, and you'd think 10 years into the MCU they would have by now. It can't be because this is a stinker, either. FOX put out plenty of those and it never had the In Association With thing. I mean, they didn't even do that to Fan4stic :o

6. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

From the trailer, with the way he pauses when he says the line at the end, it feels like this:

We...

[​IMG]

... are Venom

[​IMG]

7. First Avenger Registered

Looks like something out of the 90s. Venom looks kinda cool though.

8. Neno_Kos Registered

This movie is by Sony and by Avi Arad. It will fail. Trailer doesnt matter, actors doesnt matter. It's Sony. People, learn it once already. And to tell you the truth this does look schlock B 90's movie which should go straight to Netflix.

9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Honestly, I think a B-Movie feel sort of is fitting for Venom.

10. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

Chances of that are very slim, but what do you think, is Feige watching at the performance of Venom to decide if they will include him in future Spider-Man films?

11. BH/HHH You Are My World

Possibly or it could be that in other shots where he is Venom the Fx aren’t up to scratch yet.

12. BH/HHH You Are My World

That’s what I think or at least having some sort of crossover between the two on a movie. Although I personally think casting Tom Hardy was already a huge step in the right direction anyway. I myself wasn’t that interested in a solo Venom but then Tom was cast. It’s one of the reasons I’m actually not that fussed if he isn’t full on Venom for large parts of the film cause it’s Tom “****ing” Hardy and the dudes brilliant.

13. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

If nothing else, the symbiote is actually an intelligent, separate personality. And Hardy looks like he's been through puberty, unlike the name-that-shall-never-be-uttered.

14. P Supreme Registered

Hardy performance is all I'm interested in the rest looks like crap
    the We are Venom line was pretty sweet but everything else :whatever:

15. BH/HHH You Are My World

I wonder who you could mean :funny:

16. Galactus123 Registered

Didn't look very interesting. The only moment that got me excited was when they showed Venom just before the trailer ended. All those chase scenes weren't very good. The origin story told in comics and in The Animated Series is much more intereseting and they have Spider-Man.

17. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

Well, Williams and Hardy were basically only reasons why I kept an eye on the film too. I'm not a fan of Hardy as an actor, coz he chews scenes like 5 Cumbebatchs majority of the time. But sometimes you can't just look away from his mannerisms or intensity that he brings. His Eddie should be interesting, IMO. Or maybe he's playing Mad Max again.

18. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don't think it is far fetched. I actually think Sony is going to try to get the Spider-Verse accepted into the MCU proper once they sit down to discuss plans for Spidey post MCU Spidey 2.

19. Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Love this Poster

Agree on All, except I'm still not quite sold on the look. I honestly need to see more.

I truly suspect the Sym ties to Spidey may be reconned, however so briefly, in the HC sequel & further touched upon in the possible Venom sequel...depending on how well this film is received. Which lead to my second point below v

I think it Sony way of revealing to the world that the two franchise are adjunct to each other & confirms one of my suspicions that Marvel is a bit more involved than what Fiege alleges. Sony is pressing their Universe, and Marvel does not want them to screw it up; because, it still has ramifications to the overall future goals of the shared agreement, profits, & benefits, moving forward.

Same here...love Raimi's texture & fluidity of the character....but it's all for not, if they don't produce the white spider on the chest.

20. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

A poster that isn't bunch of heads compiled together for no reason. Love it too.

21. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

It looks like they're just trying to make a generic action flick with Venom as a hook to get us geeks to show up.

Based on the two trailers, it looks like that motorcycle chase is more important than Venom.

22. Galactus123 Registered

I don't this looks like Spider-Man. They haven't showed this Venom shooting webs or that he has the spider symbol on his chest.

23. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Agreed. It looks like the symbiote will just extend outward (so black goo for webs), and I am not sold he has the spider on the chest either. This looks a lot like Ultimate Venom for me in design. Which is easier to divorce from Spider-Man.

24. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Venom trailer was meh, to little surprise. Sure, Venom himself looks and sounds pretty cool, but the rest of the movie? We've seen this in the Amazing Spider-Man movies. It's cliche and tiresome at this point. As for Tom Hardy...half of his delivery in this was so over-the-top. Like, my god. :funny:

And oh good, another corporate villain when every person who wanted to see this movie wanted Venom to go up against Carnage. But nope. you're stuck with Riz Ahmed playing generic evil CEO nº 404.

And am I the only one who got really bothered at the astonishingly bad mispronounciation of the word symbiote? Seriously, it irked the hell out of me. :funny:

25. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Maybe they've come to some agreement with Marvel not to give Venom any spider powers. Maybe we won't see him webslinging across the city or doing any of the creative tricks with webbing that Spidey does.

If he were to fight Tom Holland's Spider-Man though, there wouldn't be any real point to saying he doesn't set off Spidey's spider senses, since in Homecoming he didn't seem to have any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.