Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some renewed hope for this film, amazing what more shots of the symbiote & an actual Venom shot will do for you.

I'm liking the 'we' usage & the moments of conflicted thoughts & decision making with it being shown as if it's from inside Eddie's head.

If they go the Ultimate Venom route and they don't have the spider insignia on the chest, then I don't see a big deal with Venom's design not having anything to do with Spidey. Now, if there is a giant spider on his chest....yeah issues :o

Does anyone find the In Association with Marvel Studios thing odd? None of the FOX film have that on there...does that mean they actually had a minor role?

After the teaser trailer a lot of people were rubbing this movie off as not being part of the MCU with it being exclusively Sony's project & a separate entity entirely from the MCU.

Which I don't feel is the case, I recall reading articles about having Spider-Man & Venom appearing in future films with each other with them firmly leaving the door open that it could be a possibility. With that in mind you could almost guarantee that Marvel & Sony will have had some sort of creative interaction that would keep that as a possibility.

I surmise that they are happy for the Venom 'universe' to run adjacent to the MCU while at the same time not doing or saying anything that would make you believe that it is or isn't part of the MCU. If it's a stinker Marvel will wash their hands of it, if it's good they'll welcome it into the MCU with open arms.. as will the fans.

Maybe they've come to some agreement with Marvel not to give Venom any spider powers. Maybe we won't see him webslinging across the city or doing any of the creative tricks with webbing that Spidey does.

If he were to fight Tom Holland's Spider-Man though, there wouldn't be any real point to saying he doesn't set off Spidey's spider senses, since in Homecoming he didn't seem to have any.

Don't get me started on the complete lack of Spider sense.. :argh:

It's like the Homecoming director forgot he even had that ability, but remembered all the stupid Iron Man tech he could have. :fst:

He did display some Spider sense in Civil War when Ant Man took Cap's shield back & he apparently does have it again in Infinity War.

Maybe they've come to some agreement with Marvel not to give Venom any spider powers. Maybe we won't see him webslinging across the city or doing any of the creative tricks with webbing that Spidey does.

If he were to fight Tom Holland's Spider-Man though, there wouldn't be any real point to saying he doesn't set off Spidey's spider senses, since in Homecoming he didn't seem to have any.

I know we haven't seen IW yet, but the trailer for IW seemed to indicate Peter was developing a Spider-Sense with the hairs sticking up on his arm.

Now as for why Venom wouldn't set it off. That's easy, it would require being in the same movie :oldrazz:

After the teaser trailer a lot of people were rubbing this movie off as not being part of the MCU with it being exclusively Sony's project & a separate entity entirely from the MCU.

Which I don't feel is the case, I recall reading articles about having Spider-Man & Venom appearing in future films with each other with them firmly leaving the door open that it could be a possibility. With that in mind you could almost guarantee that Marvel & Sony will have had some sort of creative interaction that would keep that as a possibility.

I surmise that they are happy for the Venom 'universe' to run adjacent to the MCU while at the same time not doing or saying anything that would make you believe that it is or isn't part of the MCU. If it's a stinker Marvel will wash their hands of it, if it's good they'll welcome it into the MCU with open arms.. as will the fans.

This is what I am thinking as well. I think Marvel will play along because they want Spidey in the MCU for as long as possible, so if they have to allow this Spider-Verse thing to happen and run adjacent to the MCU, I think they will. Spidey is the only such character I think they would make this exception for.

Like I said, the fact they put that on this credit specifically, but not any FOX project (including Fan4stic...one of the most hated CBMs ever) is interesting.

CGI looks pretty bad. The animation quality honestly looks like something out of the 90's. Doesn't look tangible at all.

Hopefully they'll continue to brush it up, because the design of Venom itself is wonderful.

I don't think this has any connection to Spider-Man. They are probably making him like the Ultimate Venom because this doesn't have any connection to him. He would have used webs in that motorbike jump scene if he had them.

Last edited:
I know we haven't seen IW yet, but the trailer for IW seemed to indicate Peter was developing a Spider-Sense with the hairs sticking up on his arm.

Now as for why Venom wouldn't set it off. That's easy, it would require being in the same movie :oldrazz:

That could simply have been a strong gust of wind. :o

I don't think it is far fetched. I actually think Sony is going to try to get the Spider-Verse accepted into the MCU proper once they sit down to discuss plans for Spidey post MCU Spidey 2.

Sony: "TAKE US IN!" :o

I suppose if Feige decides to openly connect this spinoff to MCU Spider-Man it could work out. They won't be able to give us the classic version of the Spidey v Venom from the comics or TAS but would have to go in a different direction like Spectacular Spider-Man did.

That could simply have been a strong gust of wind. :o

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :cwink:

Sony: "TAKE US IN!" :o

I suppose if Feige decides to openly connect this spinoff to MCU Spider-Man it could work out. They won't be able to give us the classic version of the Spidey v Venom from the comics or TAS but would have to go in a different direction like Spectacular Spider-Man did.

Agreed. We likely will never see the classic Venom vs Spidey origin done again. But, maybe they could be at odds some time down the line because of Brock's "edge" as a hero. I know it is a little too close to Daredevil and Punisher, but it is best I can come up with off the top of my head, LOL!

I don't think it is far fetched. I actually think Sony is going to try to get the Spider-Verse accepted into the MCU proper once they sit down to discuss plans for Spidey post MCU Spidey 2.
5aIM.gif

I don't think so. I imagine Sony is hoping that Spidey's involvement with the MCU will be enough to generate interest in their own little Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (or whatever). I don't see any realm of reality where Disney and Feige explicitly connect the MCU to whatever Sony is doing. Considering the amount of money that Homecoming made, Sony has plenty of reason to continue their partnership with Disney on Spider-Man without bringing these other spin-offs into the fold.

As far as I can tell, Venom doesn't have the spider emblem on his chest or back, and he's using black tendrils instead of webs. Doesn't seem like there's much of a connection to Spider-Man at all here.

Last edited:
There's a possible post credit spoiler floating about.

Probably BS, but just a warning.

In case Sony's villains do good, I think it's inevitable that they will bring Holland into their universe. Will he continue to be part of MCU - who knows.

Well, I'm back on the pleased side of things after yesterday and the trailer looks pretty nice to me.

-I'm liking that the symbiote is taking modern cues and will have an active personality and communicate with Eddie.

-Thank God, Eddie's a journalist, Anne is a lawyer

-I'm feeling comfortable with Hardy's voice and tone in this now that we get to hear more of him.

-I'm still hoping that there will be a Spider-man presence, maybe at some point when the crash first happens, he'll have been involved? I dunno, I just hope there's something.

-Voice is very good, reminds me of Daran Norris and it's clear and clean -- no overprocessed fx to the point where you have to strain to hear it.

-Venom himself looks to be a solid design. Hoping for the white spider

-All the test subjects have me speculating already. The woman who freaks out and seems to attack Brock, could this be Donna Diego?

-Life Foundation getting the villain focus, I always felt that there was so much potential for them in the comics. Them and the Jury should be constant foils for Brock, but they vanished after a single encounter. I hope the usage of them in the movie inspires Donnie Cates to put them in his Venom run. Orwell Taylor needs to face off against Eddie again.

If they ever do connect them, maybe that's how Venom gets the spider emblem and webbing. At the moment, it doesn't seem there should be any reason for that, especially if he doesn't know Spider-Man or hasn't even been bonded to him.

Maybe the symbiote bonds with Spider-Man in a connected film, and then Peter rejects him and gets rid of him the classic way with the bell tower.

That creates Venom's hatred of Spider-Man which translates itself to Eddie Brock.

Maybe while the symbiote has bonded with Peter, Eddie experiences withdrawal symptoms and begins acting more irrationally. That increases his jealousy of Peter because he now has the symbiote, and then intensifies the feelings of hatred once the Venom symbiote returns to Brock.

I don't think so. I imagine Sony is hoping that Spidey's involvement with the MCU will be enough to generate interest in their own little Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (or whatever). I don't see any realm of reality where Disney and Feige explicitly connect the MCU to whatever Sony is doing. Considering the amount of money that Homecoming made, Sony has plenty of reason to continue their partnership with Disney on Spider-Man without bringing these other spin-offs into the fold.

As far as I can tell, Venom doesn't have the spider emblem on his chest or back, and he's using black tendrils instead of webs. Doesn't seem like there's much of a connection to Spider-Man at all here.

Or will Sony just do their own thing with Holland after the MCU sequel makes tons of money and his image is repaired? I can see Sony leveraging that.

Holland?

Yep.

We see Eddie Brock walking into the office where he works as a journalist. An HR lady at the office says there's a new person applying for the reporter internship position. Eddie says to her he'll be back and goes grab coffee with his love interest.

Scene shifts back to the HR lady who goes to the waiting room and tells the intern that his interviewer will be 10 minutes late. We then see Peter (Tom Holland) sitting there and responds with "Thanks Ma'am".

SkFJwcb.jpg

If they ever do connect them, maybe that's how Venom gets the spider emblem and webbing. At the moment, it doesn't seem there should be any reason for that, especially if he doesn't know Spider-Man or hasn't even been bonded to him.

Maybe the symbiote bonds with Spider-Man in a connected film, and then Peter rejects him and gets rid of him the classic way with the bell tower.

That creates Venom's hatred of Spider-Man which translates itself to Eddie Brock.

Maybe while the symbiote has bonded with Peter, Eddie experiences withdrawal symptoms and begins acting more irrationally. That increases his jealousy of Peter because he now has the symbiote, and then intensifies the feelings of hatred once the Venom symbiote returns to Brock.

This could work really well.

Yep.

We see Eddie Brock walking into the office where he works as a journalist. An HR lady at the office says there's a new person applying for the reporter internship position. Eddie says to her he'll be back and goes grab coffee with his love interest.

Scene shifts back to the HR lady who goes to the waiting room and tells the intern that his interviewer will be 10 minutes late. We then see Peter (Tom Holland) sitting there and responds with "Thanks Ma'am".

[blackout]
This makes zero sense. Why would he be there in San Francisco?
[/blackout]

If that spoiler is true, that'll be kinda interesting. Hmm. Kinda conflicted though....

[blackout]
This makes zero sense. Why would he be there in San Francisco?
[/blackout]

[BLACKOUT]I think it's obviously back in NYC. Maybe Brock goes there after the events... maybe he's heard of this Spider-Man.[/BLACKOUT]

That was my question.

Also I kinda wish Sony wouldn't have any control over what happens with Holland's Spidey going forward, because they're not to be trusted managing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"