Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Thread Manager, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutOfBoose #ReleaseTheAyerCut

Wow, Spider-Man fans are triggered easily.

[blackout]The reason why I don't believe this spoiler is because of ending of IW.[/blackout]

#951 OutOfBoose, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

It makes practically no sense to exclude Venom from the MCU at this point. The MCU is very well established, and Holland's Web Slinger has been well received. It would be a fools decision on Sony's part not to link this film to the bigger picture. They don't have to suddenly throw Venom into the Avengers, but they should keep the universes connected - if only to leave possibilities open.

3. socool True

Well...this looks like a thing lol

So the only real pro is that they clearly understand Venom. The look and sound of everything (aside from the terrible CGI) is spot on. When he clears out his apartment and then goes "What did we do?"--I got chills.

Everything else? Eh.

Ahmed looks like a generic corporate bad man. Hardy's accent is goofy. The dialogue is atrocious. ("You work for an evil person". Wow. Stayed up all night writing that one, huh?) And the actual events seem like they're gonna be real cookie cutter. (I bet that chase scene on the bike is gonna be super boring) And am I the only one getting an Amazing Spider-Man vibe from this? I don't know what it is.

But I'll give it a shot. Had super low hopes from day one so I'm losing nothing from hating this haha

Also: I guarantee Ahmed uses a symbiote on himself when Venom gets too close and he's Carnage.

This is a borderline perfect workaround. I actually think this works better than the comic version. This would create real hatred for Peter/Spider-Man. I really hope this happens now.

4. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I said it's more than likely BS. Probably just the usual when someone spitballs an idea and then posts it elsewhere as ''inside info''.

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don't think if this has no MCU connection that is by Sony's choice. Likely that is by Marvel Studios. As the interview with Homecoming shows, Pascal clearly wants this to be seen as MCU, lol.

6. NHawk19 insert witty comment

There's something there but I think they need to tune down the glossiness of Venom and get the textures worked out.

7. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Looks something that we forgot about from the late 90s.

8. JOE _________________________

The timing seems too perfect that they're releasing the trailer just in time for IW... I really hope this movie ties in, you can't get better than Tom Hardy for Venom.

9. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Thanks. One thing they could also add is that the Venom symbiote has withdrawal symptoms of Peter while being re-bonded to Brock. So there is a constant conflict. Without the symbiote, Brock has withdrawal symptoms from not having the symbiote, and WITH the symbiote, Brock feels the alien has withdrawal symptoms from not having Peter.

That would seriously mess him up. It would be a case of "can't live with, can't live without it."

10. dark_knight08 December 20, 2019

:sym:Now that's a freakin incredible poster and trailer.
    I am looking forward seeing this movie.

11. P Supreme Registered

nah it bothered me too a little too much to be honest lol
    I know it shouldn't but it did

12. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

They did the same thing with that dud of a first teaser. Came out so it can be seen with black panther. I don't think marvel studios want this in their universe considering how bad Sony has been lately. Sony wants in because marvel studios practically prints it's own money and they hope some of that good fortune runs off on themselves. All the timing means is that Sony is desperate for the attention and greedy to cash in on mcu success. I'll believe this is in the mcu when we see holland pop up.

13. The Infernal Mky Mk

Seems a shame that the leaked 7 sec clip from last night turned out to be the only shot of Venom from the entire trailer.

I was excited when I saw that clip last night, but then I saw the trailer and thought there was nothing else interesting. Had that been the trailer then I would have been satisfied, but it still leaves us with the huge questions of whether we'll see the chest spider or webbing. Honestly I'm having trouble picturing either being in the movie, especially not the webbing/spider powers given the use of tentacles which seem a bit goofy to me.

What is up with Hardy's accent? He seems to turn into Rain Man halfway through.

Also anyone else worried just how much Venom we'll see during the movie? It would suck if he only appears in the last act or even just a portion of the last act.

#963 The Infernal, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  14. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Isn't it more likely the other way round, if Venom shows up in an MCU movie?

Otherwise it's one sided like Agents of SHIELD. They've had Nick Fury and Maria Hill on the show, but none of the AOS cast have ever appeared in the movies apart from Coulson, who started there in the first place.

It doesn't always feel that connected, or could be its own little bubble, similar to an Elseworlds tale.

15. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I guess that footage was leaked for a reason considering we only see the mother****er for like three seconds.

16. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don't see this Spider-Verse, if it is recognized as being MCU at all, as being anything more than like the Netflix or TV Shows. Holland or Spidey related characters may pop up in the Spider-Verse, but I don't see Venom or anyone else being in a Spider-Man film. Only way I see it happening would be if they introduce some of the Sinister Six in solos, and Spidey fights them later. But unless they do that, I see it being one-sided (if at all).

17. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am okay with only seeing Venom a little in this trailer. Venom is a full body effect, so it will take time to do these. That said, I think this should have been the 1st Trailer. The other trailer should just have never happened. This trailer works well as a teaser.

18. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Well I agree with you there. That is pretty much what is likely to happen. Whether we get Tom Holland is another matter. Maybe Marvel/Disney will just send over their scraps like Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson to become another host for the symbiote.

Then we'll get Tom Hardy vs Tony Revolori.

19. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

[​IMG]

20. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

MCU Flash could NEVER be Venom, LOL!!!!

21. Big Bang Registered

I'm still pretty sure Sony will find a way to screw this up.

22. The Infernal Mky Mk

I think I would be more forgiving if they had shown Venom front on and he had a chest spider and used spider powers. Instead all signs seem to be pointing to none of that being in the movie. I get the feeling that marketing is doing this deliberately to string people along. It's even more frustrating given hiw closely they seem to be representing Venom if it weren't for these important aspects.

23. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

The video (on Sony Pictures Entertainment) Youtube page has over 11 million views in 10 hours. Not bad.

24. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Eh, honestly, if Venom is not being connected to Spider-Man for his origin, then doing away with the web or spider logo makes sense. It's what I would do. Them not using those is honestly a nothing deal to me.

25. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

Obsessed with both the look and sound for Venom, crazy good. Hope this delivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.