Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldnt have released this. They shouldve waited til Spring when they were ready to show the goods. This movie's already got an uphill battle, they dont need more bad press. Why did this need to be released now?

No doubt they wanted something with BP. But, that said...they needed a money shot. Again I will say, I don't think this trailer is awful. That's a strong word. What we get of the plot looks fine and we do get a certain sense of direction for the movie. But, having no money shot for a crescendo leaves it ultimately forgettable. THAT is bad. But, I wouldn't call it an AWFUL trailer.

watched it without sound, so I have no idea what's going on.

as such, if I missed the one shot of the symbiote in the container, I'd have no idea this was for a Venom movie.......lol.

figured there would be at least one shot of Venom or Brock starting to transform at the end. but no.......lol.

I think the "eye" logo is cool, though.

Avengers in May would have been the perfect time to release a teaser. It feels like they threw this together last minute to take advantage of the buzz of the last few days with the Infinity War spot, Star Wars teaser and Deadpool trailer.

This might be the most baffling teaser trailer I’ve seen for a superhero film. You take the title off it and it could be any generic action thriller. Oh well, not what I would have done but it’s Sony’s time and money to waste. :shrug:

Well, that was a whole lot of nothing.

No doubt they wanted something with BP. But, that said...they needed a money shot. Again I will say, I don't think this trailer is awful. That's a strong word. What we get of the plot looks fine and we do get a certain sense of direction for the movie. But, having no money shot for a crescendo leaves it ultimately forgettable. THAT is bad. But, I wouldn't call it an AWFUL trailer.

Agreed. I dont think this is an awful trailer. If this was a regular Tom Hardy thriller, I might be intrigued to watch. Maybe. But as a Venom movie that has something to prove after they screwed the fans over in 2007, this proved nothing.

Avengers in May would have been the perfect time to release a teaser. It feels like they threw this together last minute to take advantage of the buzz of the last few days with the Infinity War spot, Star Wars teaser and Deadpool trailer.

This is what I think. I feel like they rushed this trailer out so that it could potentially be shown with Black Panther.

They tryina pull a Power Rangers Teaser Trailer?
I think even the Power Rangers teaser showed 50% of a costume

I would honestly have no idea the point to this movie if I didn’t already know it was Venom.

That was possibly the most generic and vague trailer I have ever watched.

With the fantastic teaser trailers we've gotten in the past few years for Ragnarok, Logan, Wondy and Panther, having this as Sony's first impression for a Venom solo flick is completely unacceptable. There's way too much competition out there to slap together a "meh" trailer with the thinking the next one will REALLY sell this flick. Fans will have already moved on to the next one.

Maybe this will be the next big Netflix purchase for airing after the World Series?

Agreed. I dont think this is an awful trailer. If this was a regular Tom Hardy thriller, I might be intrigued to watch. Maybe. But as a Venom movie that has something to prove after they screwed the fans over in 2007, this proved nothing.

100% agreed. This trailer just kind of, exists.

You know I think the worse thing about this trailer is that the majority people seeing Black Panther won't even know what the bad place it is. Maybe a few comic book fans will know because they have either been following it online or will figure out what the title shot is at the end, but casual audiences are going to be either confused as bad place or not care at all. There isn't a single money in this to stand out and it just looks super generic.

Hmm... Okay. I have to wait for more to judge.

Teaser earns a lot of hate on Twitter sadly.

Maybe this will be the next big Netflix purchase for airing after the World Series?

I'd be surprised if it ended up being worse than that movie. :hehe:

Here's what I wonder: if we'd gotten a full shot of Venom or the maybe Brock bonding with it, would people say that Sony then showed too much?

Here's what I wonder: if we'd gotten a full shot of Venom or the maybe Brock bonding with it, would people say that Sony then showed too much?

No, I think people would have said "Bestest trailer evah LULZ!!!!" :oldrazz:

The only person who loved that trailer was Avi Arad.

Look closer guys, Venom was in his eye.

Damn was I wrong or what? Here I was thinking they would deliver a good shot of Venom, guess I jinxed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"