Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I wonder: if we'd gotten a full shot of Venom or the maybe Brock bonding with it, would people say that Sony then showed too much?

Showing the title character in the trailer? Yep, definitely revealing too much.

if the movie bombs, expect Venom's movie rights to transfer back to Marvel Studios/Disney ;)

Let's be fair, if next trailer we see loads of awesome symbiote action and maybe a Carnage tease, everyone will forget this trailer, LOL!

Teaser was alright, just kind of there. I think I’m more surprised that Sony showed some ounce of restraint and didn’t really show much with their track record of promoting Spdier-Man movies. Don’t think I’ll watch the next trailer because I don’t want to see the whole movie, just look at screenshots to see what the suit looks like.

If they’re going for a little bit of a horror vibe, most horror movies don’t really show too much of the monster, so I kind of get why they didn’t show something, but there should’ve been a glimpse of something, maybe even a voice.

This is literally the equivalent of showing a teaser for a Spiderman movie and just showing random scenes of Peter Parker walking around and then at the very end of the trailer Peter gets bitten by the spidet then...cue title screen.

This is literally the equivalent of showing a teaser for a Spiderman movie and just showing random scenes of Peter Parker walking around and then at the very end of the trailer Peter gets bitten by the spidet then...cue title screen.

yeah that would be...sort of like.....a teaser.

Reminds me of the first teaser for the Amazing Spider-Man if you take out the last 30 second POV shot.

They honestly probably should have just waited until IW to reveal a first trailer, because by then at least you would have had more to work with, but I guess they won't do nothing big until SDCC which I can understand.

if the movie bombs, expect Venom's movie rights to transfer back to Marvel Studios/Disney ;)

This.

What I’m about to say won’t be popular but it doesn’t make it any less true. If you are a fan of the MCU and everything it has brought us: YOU SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THIS FILM!

Sony is on the brink of financial ruin and are reportedly seeking to sell their film division. This is a massive chance for Marvel/Disney to get the full Spidey IP rights back. If this movie underperforms expect that rights transfer to happen sooner rather than later.

I know...call me a fanboy...whatever you like; but you know I’m right. Don’t support more of “Sony’s Marvel Universe” (unless they work with Marvel of course).

to be fair, this does say TEASER trailer.

which is why I'm tired of teaser trailers in general. now we get teasers of teasers of teasers of trailers.

This.

What I’m about to say won’t be popular but it doesn’t make it any less true. If you are a fan of the MCU and everything it has brought us: YOU SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THIS FILM!

Sony is on the brink of financial ruin and are reportedly seeking to sell their film division. This is a massive chance for Marvel/Disney to get the full Spidey IP rights back. If this movie underperforms expect that rights transfer to happen sooner rather than later.

I know...call me a fanboy...whatever you like; but you know I’m right. Don’t support more of “Sony’s Marvel Universe” (unless they work with Marvel of course).

Meh, if the movie turns out good, I will support it regardless if it is official MCU or not. I don't expect this to be Logan or Deadpool quality, but I adore those movies and they have nothing to do with the MCU. Good movie is a good movie. Granted, the trailer is not great, but again, I can attribute this to them jumping the gun when the SFX are not close to done. We have to remember, this is a teaser and they only finished filming recently.

Well...that was a thing.

to be fair, this does say TEASER trailer.

Yeah but if you compare it to other teaser trailers for Infinity War, Ragnarok, Black Panther, hell even Justice League...this is just terrible.

This.

Does anyone really need to? Unless this was hyperbole and satire, in which case, it was spot on. If not, doesn't get any more fanboy than that, particularly if you believe that you're right. As has been said, MCU or not, if the movie is good, it shouldn't matter what universe it's set in.

This.

But Jumanji is a surprise juggernaut and might cross $1bn for Sony. I think they're pretty happy about that.

This is fantfourstic all over again

The tag line should be “we know we’re Sony, but hey look, we have Tom Hardy! See? You guys see him, right!”

Eh, I thought it was an okay trailer. I'd prefer something like this over a trailer with unfinished special effects like the original Green Lantern trailer (which is what we'd have probably gotten had they showed Venom in this).

very very meh. Did not move the needle in either direction for me.

Meh, if the movie turns out good, I will support it regardless if it is official MCU or not. I don't expect this to be Logan or Deadpool quality, but I adore those movies and they have nothing to do with the MCU. Good movie is a good movie. Granted, the trailer is not great, but again, I can attribute this to them jumping the gun when the SFX are not close to done. We have to remember, this is a teaser and they only finished filming recently.
That's the boat I'm in. If the movie is good and I enjoy the movie, it's not the end of the world that it's not from the MCU.

Everyone's so ready to write this off, and while, due to Sony's past horrendous ideas for the Spidey franchise, I don't blame them, I'm not seeing enough to drop this thing in a sewer yet. I'm a big fan of Eddie Brock and symbiotes, if this is at least decent and a big step up from SM3, then I'll be happy.

I can understand some people's frustration, but I don't think it's time for doom and gloom yet hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"