Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah Electro is one of the last villains who can carry a movie solo. Honestly there is not many Spidey villains who can. Ock, Goblin, Lizard, Vulture......that's all in my view. They are all villain who are brains and planner types. Heck Ock is the MASTER PLANNER :otto:

Yeah that goes for most of the villains. They need to be paired up.

I agree with both of these points :up:

There is a reason why they keep wanting to milk the Norman Osborn well, lol. I do sort of wish Ock would get another go, though. I think it is time.

But that's a discussion for a different forum, LOL!

I liked the trailer but I still don't know.

You just can't have a Spidey-less Venom, I'm sorry. It goes against the very essence of the character, like that silly Batman-less Catwoman movie.

The way they pronounce 'sim-bye-oat' is going to be a little annoying too lol.

Not to harp on, but does anybody wonder if the symbiote will take the form of Brock's clothing like in the comics? Watching the tendrils sprout out it does seem like they just appear rather than being a part of the clothes he's wearing. Olus I doubt the symbiote would take the form of such ratty looking clothes. lol

It does look like Brock starts resembling a junky part way through (along with him sounding more like Rain Man). I wonder if they'll be treating the suit like a form addiction like they did in SM3?

Thank you, buddy. I didn't think you did. It was another person decided to interject their 2 cents. I just wanted to double check with a moderator on it.

I am pleased you are happy with what you're seeing. Honestly. I personally am not getting any great vibes from it. That's why I asked your reasons. Genuine interest, and spark some discussion. Which it did. And it was good discussion.

:up:

I just wanted to clarify too that despite some last issues we’ve had I don’t have a problem with you or anyone on here. I know sometimes I come across a dick when I’m getting my point across and it’s not intentional so if I did at all I apologise.

I genuinely wish you liked what we had so far. I can only hope that the final film meets my hopes and surprises you.

I liked the trailer but I still don't know.

You just can't have a Spidey-less Venom, I'm sorry. It goes against the very essence of the character, like that silly Batman-less Catwoman movie.

Yeah, I pointed that out earlier too. I guess they are doing that to make it sound weirder or whatever but... it's not a made-up term. It's an actual word. So why mispronounce it?

Or maybe the people who made this movie are so dumb they never bothered to check the pronunciation, lol.

I know Hardy's probably the voice of the Symbiote/Venom, but it sounded like Tony Todd quite a bit.

Regarding Symbiote what is the correct way to pronounce it?

I know in this film they use sim-bye-oat. I always said it sim-be-ot myself.

Looks like it has some horror elements which I love. I’m also loving the small parts we see of his inner conflict with the symbiote. I like that he’s a reporter too, I’m glad they didn’t abandon that and he seems firm what little we see to be a competent one. I liked the vibe of the trailer too, just had a feel to it that drew me in. Of course the Venom shot is THE money shot and with that the trailer ends with a bang.

Yea the reporter thing is something they exploited well in Ad Shankers Venom short.

Going forward an investigative reporter will be able to play close attetnion to any crimes and and criminal behavior on the streets which would assist his vigilantism.

How can Venom have Spider-Man like powers without Spider-Man involved?

Of all movies to not be connected to the MCU, this really is a weird choice. But whatever, I'll still check it out. Trailer didn't do much for me, but I like the talent behind it so I'll give it a shot.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care about any connectivity to Spiderman.

I just look at this as an elseworlds or "what if" story.

"What if the Symbiote attached itself to Eddie first?"

Simple.
The foundation of the Venom story is a man struggling with an inner demon like Jekyll and Hyde, and the power corrupts/consumes trope that we've seen in the Fly.

And they could still loop the story back to Parker and do the Venom saga in reverse.

Peter experiments with the symbiote that's at this point been removed from Eddie. Shenanigans lead to Peter getting the suit. Then losing it again to Eddie who is even more pissed at Parker because he's kept him away from Venom. Then you just build there rivalry from there as it was in the comics.

That being said, if they never cross Venom over with Spiderman then I'm cool with that too.

How can Venom have Spider-Man like powers without Spider-Man involved?
The Symbiote already comes with built in strength, durability and tendrils. At this point it doesn't need spiderpowers.

Check out the game below for visual cues.

Eddie mainly using venom as tendrils from his arms or from his body reminds me of this game.
1106377062.jpg

I love both Prototype games. Which they made a 3rd. :(

Simple.
The foundation of the Venom story is a man struggling with an inner demon like Jekyll and Hyde, and the power corrupts/consumes trope that we've seen in the Fly.

And they could still loop the story back to Parker and do the Venom saga in reverse.

Peter experiments with the symbiote that's at this point been removed from Eddie. Shenanigans lead to Peter getting the suit. Then losing it again to Eddie who is even more pissed at Parker because he's kept him away from Venom. Then you just build there rivalry from there as it was in the comics.

That being said, if they never cross Venom over with Spiderman then I'm cool with that too.

Yeah it's not a deal breaker for me by any means. But you gotta admit, it's a pretty left-field move. But I've always been game for that. I'm indifferent about source material fidelity.

That rumor came from one place and that was the 4chan post that was an alleged leak of plot points that everyone believed and started posting on.

You may be right that Venom isn't in it much but that would at this point be by chance since this new trailer just destroyed the legitimacy of the 4chan post that bloggers used as a source. I'd say it's best now to not look at this trailer or this movie by those lenses anymore.

I don’t know, even the plot summary given I still heavily supported by the trailers so far. I like Fleischer and Hardy though so more than willing to give this a chance.

Regarding Symbiote what is the correct way to pronounce it?

I know in this film they use sim-bye-oat. I always said it sim-be-ot myself.

[YT]WUdp51GV-FA[/YT]

...well, for starters there’s zero reason for Venom to have eyes like Spider-man, or to resemble Spider-man in any way, shape or form.

Yeah it's not a deal breaker for me by any means. But you gotta admit, it's a pretty left-field move. But I've always been game for that. I'm indifferent about source material fidelity.

I think there's also a tragic element to the symbiote during that particular saga in the Spider-man mythos that is being lost. An intelligent organism yet treated like a disease, unwanted, condemned, or persecuted.

That symbiote carries a lot of resentment which makes it unpredictable especially during the early days--with Spider-man always questioning the symbiote known as Venom as either Friend or Foe.

It's a character that never fully crosses either side until forced one way or the other.

If they can make that show in the film, without Spidey involved will be a huge feat. But it's a huge feat because not all the pieces to tell this story are properly in place.

Last edited:
But you gotta admit, it's a pretty left-field move. But I've always been game for that. I'm indifferent about source material fidelity.

Totally. I actually thought this will be a bit more serious in tone (the trailer does give a bit of a horror vibe which I liked) but the trailer is goofy AF. Even if this doesn't pan out to be a good movie, I'm sure this'll still be some entertaining nonsense. I'm here for Hardy's attempt at different accents. It'll be glorious.

Yeah, I pointed that out earlier too. I guess they are doing that to make it sound weirder or whatever but... it's not a made-up term. It's an actual word. So why mispronounce it?

Or maybe the people who made this movie are so dumb they never bothered to check the pronunciation, lol.

It is weird that she's pronouncing it like that but I mean so what. Dr Emmett Brown mispronounced "gigawatt". Did that ruin Back to the Future for the masses?

Last edited:
It's another bad trailer, and the effects to Venom look here remind me of the Spawn suit from his solo movie 21 years ago.
Eddie mainly using venom as tendrils from his arms or from his body reminds me of this game.
1106377062.jpg
Hunter leaders are horribly annoying when I need to protect the gas dispenser to lure Elizabeth Greene out into the surface to fight and consume.

I love both Prototype games. Which they made a 3rd. :(
I love them too, but I think the second did a nice job with closure of eating out the virus from the city by sucking out the infected.
Good timing too, cause sales were apparently disappointing and the sequel did not bring in enough cash to justify its existence.

The new trailer looks better than the vague teaser. However... how is this movie going to fare without spider-man?

If they found a way to make a decent Venom movie without him, cool, but really?

It is weird that she's pronouncing it like that but I mean so what. Dr Emmett Brown mispronounced "gigawatt". Did that ruin Back to the Future for the masses?

It isn't even the first time "symbiote" has been pronounced wrong in Spidey media either. The '94 series had them pronouncing it as SIM-BE-OTT. And for years I thought it was supposed to be said that way, until the PS1 game came out, and even with that game the proper pronunciation sounded wrong to me.

...well, for starters there’s zero reason for Venom to have eyes like Spider-man, or to resemble Spider-man in any way, shape or form.

I mean just chalk it up to a resemblance in the way that any number of things can resemble each other. It doesn't even need to be addressed if there's no connection to Spider-Man at all. It doesn't really need to be addressed at all.

This whole sim-bye-ot nonsense immediately made me think of *****y, pretentious Ted, who always mispronounced things.

[YT]JpWR9fzBqa0[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back