Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie you follow that symbiote around like a turd in the wind!

But mama-ma-ma-mama...

Symbiotes are the devil!

I just really want to see Eddie imagining Carnage saying "Gaaaaaaattttttttttoooooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddeeeeeee!!!!" right about now :hehe:

I've gone back and forth on this project, I'm mostly positive, but I have issues.

-“Eyes, lungs, pancreas. So many snacks. So little time.” Classic line, I'm really digging the Venom voice, but if they could tone down the effect just a bit, it would help with clarity. I mostly got it, but there were a few parts I had slight issue with

-Carlton Drake, could be fun, but unfortunately he seems a bit generic evil ceo. I was hoping for them to make the Life Foundation almost cultlike. The 1% of the 1% living it up, preparing for the end of the world and taking on extreme and vile methods to ensure their luxury -- kidnapping and experimenting on the homeless for something as petty as a hair growth serum like in issue 2 of Spider-man Family. I would have preferred Drake stay as the evil guy in the comfy position of power and maybe have the LF mercs be in a subplot, but I'm expecting too much. That being said, Riot and most of the LF symbiotes didn't get much of a backstory, only Donna did.

-We really haven't seen much of Michelle as Anne. I hope they don't put her to the sidelines.

-Saw a couple of shots of a female symbiote with spikes shooting out of her back, that's cool. I hope we get more fights and not just Venom punching random thugs, but that leads me into my next point

-Of all the symbiote templates they could have went with, I'm disappointed they went with Riot. Even if things were exactly the same, they could have had a different dynamic (AND COLOUR SCHEME) if they went with Lasher. You'd have him be a level 99 tendril master and prevent Brock from getting in close with just simple punches and kicks. It would force them to try something different. Giving Riot Carnage's gimmick is a mistake and I honestly have no idea how the future movies will play out if this is successful. I'm hoping that it's not only symbiotes (get some elements like the Jury, or other alien subjects like the Xenophage, or other supervillains and heroes).

-I do like Eddie and Venom's interactions, I like the more overt conversing that the modern comics have been doing, so it's nice to see the symbiote actually and directly address Eddie. I'm liking the body horror from the broken limb repair scene. Looks unsettling. Seeing that leg crack back into place, finger grow back looks gross and nifty.

-The limbless turd scene could work if they play up an "Hey...I'm new to this whole intimidation thing...uh...yeah..bye". I dunno, I got a smirk out of it.

-The no-Spider-man connection bothers me. I wasn't expecting MCU Spidey after a while, but to completely sever that connection is a possibility. Having the symbiote getting loose and making a small allusion to a period of time that it was "with another guy" would be easy and allows them to fill that gap of time in the future if they wish.

Overall, I've given up that this is going to be the Venom movie I was hoping for, but I think it could be an entertaining alt-universe Venom. I haven't been turned off of this yet. Unless something really horrible comes by, I'm giving this a chance and most likely will see it opening weekend.

That line is lifted from Amazing Spiderman # 374...classic venom...

In fairness they're giving people plenty of ammunition to hate it with.

I can understand some of it. Like I wasn't happy to hear it won't be tied in any way to Spider-man,and everyone has their opinions. I know I'm a huge Venom fan,but I'll admit the trailer has me pumped. I couldn't say that a few months ago. Venom himself looks great. I realize this movie won't be the Dark Knight of comic book movies,but more and more I'm liking it.

Remind me when venom made jokes about poop? I don’t remember any of that in the 90s at all. His jokes were very vile but they weren’t about potty humor.

TFW a movie you wanted stan looks like crap
6zrjE5uT_o.jpg

Geez. A lot of you guys seemed determined to hate this movie. I thought it looked great.

This movie looks like the pinnacle of "we just DESPERATELY want to make money off a character that looks cool no matter what we have to ignore about the character to do it"

Remind me when venom made jokes about poop? I don’t remember any of that in the 90s at all. His jokes were very vile but they weren’t about potty humor.

I'm sure it exists :o

I just really want to see Eddie imagining Carnage saying "Gaaaaaaattttttttttoooooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddeeeeeee!!!!" right about now :hehe:

''You can do it! Bite his f****** head off!''

The CGI in this looks like a joke. In fact, the CGI and the movie look like something from the late 90's when they were still afraid to go full comic book. Like they left out Spider-Man because that idea and costume are too silly for them to use but they want to keep the cool big CGI teeth monster because LOOKS SO COOL IT WILL MAKE SO MUCH $$$$$$

It just feels weird watching a Venom movie that's unrelated to Spider-man. This feels more like a companion piece to the Spawn movie than anything else.

It just feels weird watching a Venom movie that's unrelated to Spider-man. This feels more like a companion piece to the Spawn movie than anything else.

CGI is about as good.

This is my single greatest criticism of the movie so far. I get the palate swap idea. It's tried and true, and Riot's color scheme fits that bill. But for visual diversity, it's not different enough. They should have used Lasher or Scream (if Carnage was not going to be in it).

Yeah, seriously, Riot was always the most boring design of the LF symbiotes

Phage was at least spikey and yellow and I think could shoot out acidic spikes

Lasher, green, has more of a Spider-man-like face than his siblings, green and black with lots of tendrils

Agony, Purple and black smallish carnagelike mouth long flowing hair, feminine form, acid generation, chemical absorption

Scream, yellow and red, smaller carnagelike mouth, full wavy prehensile hair, feminine form, also apparently she had some limited mental powers too?

All of these could have had a cinematic boost too, but nope, big grey symbiote.

at least Spawn had a villain you can clearly see

Haha, it looks so bad. I enjoyed the trailer but probably for mostly the wrong reasons, I had hope but this trailer really makes it look like it's another generic out of touch Sony turd in the wind. But you know what? I'm here for this turd in the wind. I enjoy the stuff with the symbiote and how Venom looks (lack of the symbol looks very barren, though) but it all is just putting up those red flags again and yet I'm sticking around out of morbid curiosity.

Haha, yes it does! If it goes for edgy PG-13 instead of R you might be able to consider it a lost turd from the late 90s along with the PG-13 Spawn movie.

I think it looks great, to be honest. The effects are really good and will probably be even better once the film lands.

I think there's a lot we're not seeing regarding the villains and love how they've hinted to the white spider logo with Venom 2099-like white veins.

I admit that it's weird to not have Spider-Man involved but I'd love it for this film to do well enough to maybe link back to the MCU later down the line.

This looks HORRIBLE. Jesus.

The hate is strong around here lol dang. Everywhere else on the internet is really digging it.

May have to leave this cesspool til the films release and go elsewhere if this is just gonna be a bunch of guys sitting around bashing something they clearly hated the idea of since day 1, and have absolutely no intention of being open to and changing their minds on

Every time the buzz and hype and excitement for this movie gets going, the same people step in and throw as many buckets of water around as they can. It's perfectly fine to dislike this movie, but some people are actually excited about it. So if you want to have discussions, bring them on :up: But the hate-spam, which is exactly what it is, has gotten ridiculous in here

Last edited:
I mean, a lot of people came here to talk about how not good it looked

lets not single out one person of the many people who came here to talk about that

I mean, a lot of people came here to talk about how not good it looked

lets not single out one person of the many people who came here to talk about that

Yeah I've edited it, it was unnecessary

But I have seen that one person do this countless times, for literally years and years. And it's always the same thing. I just don't get it

That yellow symbiote in the container, are we actually gonna see Scream or is she gonna be the nerfed blades on her arms lady? I wish they'd gone with a main villain that doesn't almost exactly look like the main character, it was hard to tell in those shots that Riot was Riot. He was silver but it isn't the biggest difference.

Saw somebody say that Venom doesn't look better than King Shark on CW's Flash. So I'm looking it up again and honestly, I think King Shark actually looks better than Venom. Where did the CGI budget go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"