Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

Nah. People don’t want a 10th spidey reboot . The backlash for that would be immense. While it’s not perfect people are settled with his inclusion in the mcu.

I think the backlash would be much smaller than we think it would be, in all honesty.

I mean who wants a 20th Spider-Man reboot again? And outside of the mcu? Come on

Dm0HkhlXoAA_T5L.jpg

Love this new one :up:

Have really been loving all the posters/advertising for this film

There's a block of construction wall in Venice beach that's entirely plastered with different Venom promos :up:

These are freakin amazing

Also, was working last night and a Venom tv spot came on, and 2 guys at my bar started saying how pumped they were for this, and then we started talking about it for like 20 min. They were prob mid-late 30s and said they were huge Venom fans. Never would've taken them for fans other than that tho.

I'm thinking hype/anticipation for this movie might actually be fairly large

1. this is a fanmade poster
2. there are leaks and trust me you don't wanna read what I just read

Also, was working last night and a Venom tv spot came on, and 2 guys at my bar started saying how pumped they were for this, and then we started talking about it for like 20 min. They were prob mid-late 30s and said they were huge Venom fans. Never would've taken them for fans other than that tho.

I'm thinking hype/anticipation for this movie might actually be fairly large
I'm thinking you are completely off-base on that one and you have been desperately trying to hype this movie up for months just because it's Sony.

You are in for a rude awakening once the first reviews come up.

Leaks, huh? From who- some random insider on Reddit? A 4Chan user who works security at Sony Pictures?

That's nice.

I'm thinking you are completely off-base on that one and you have been desperately trying to hype this movie up for months just because it's Sony.

While he does seem to have a huge devotion to Sony. He is right that the hype is there. I don’t know if it’ll be a good movie but it’s got some people talking.

Yeah, leaks are bound to happen, but that doesn't answer my question as to the origin of said leaks.

There is a hype, but I don't know how big that hype actually is. There was a lot of hype for Deadpool but I would say that Venom is not close to that.

Nah. People don’t want a 10th spidey reboot . The backlash for that would be immense. While it’s not perfect people are settled with his inclusion in the mcu.
I think the backlash would be much smaller than we think it would be, in all honesty.
I would say more boredom and zone-out than backlash (among the GA that is).

I think that if they change their minds and later add Spider-Man in this franchise, it will only complicate things! It already got harder when they decided that Venom is not gonna be tied to Spider-Man (Venom EXISTS because of Spidey!!), but they will only F things up more if they twist it again and later tie him to Spider-Man. It's done and dusted by now, let's just hope the movie won't be a complete flop and if it won't, let's just hope it will be above average, which I personally doubt, but hope dies last...
I guess if that did happen, Peter could get the symbiote, and then it goes back to Eddie Brock afterwards? I don't know how that would work because it would be the symbiote story in reverse. Otherwise they would just not connect them at all, which leaves Venom as a pointless and generic character.

I guess if that did happen, Peter could get the symbiote, and then it goes back to Eddie Brock afterwards? I don't know how that would work because it would be the symbiote story in reverse. Otherwise they would just not connect them at all, which leaves Venom as a pointless and generic character.

That's exactly what I see happening if Peter/Spidey join the franchise...the Sym become attracted to Peter/Spidey as it senses something is different about this potential host...and leave Eddie.

While Eddue is suffering from lost, envy, withdrawals, craving the need of power...Peter/Spidey sense the changes in himself & recognize he is being consume by the power & desires of the Sym; and, start to reject it.

After the rejection...the Sym return to Eddie, because it needs a host; but now, the Sym longs to rebond with Peter/Spidey...and this is signified by the new "White Spider" on it's chest & the incorporation of Spidey's personality & abilities like webbing, web-swinging, crawling up&dn walls. The Venom we been wanting to see...but also now, creating this dynamic between Eddie & the Sym...because Eddie now knows he is second-fiddle to Peter/Spidey. Now Peter/Spidey has become Eddie's #1, mortal enemy. A true villain now, to Spidey...

Lol, is that so? Not sure how I can be off-base with something that's happening multiple times in front of my face and directly to me... I bartend in Santa Monica, and I've had multiple instances such as the one I mentioned happen with customers the past month. Maybe it's just a coincidence and I'm getting niche people, and I'm well aware that the hype for this is overwhelming or anything, but everything I've seen/heard IRL has been pretty positive..

So not sure what you want me to do, or how you want me to feel..? But please, feel free to give me instructions, I desperately need life help from you

(also, I'm fully expecting disastrous reviews for this, whether it's good or not. I truthfully don't see any way it can end up fresh, unless it was legit one of the best CMBs of the last 5 years, which it won't be. It receiving a 0% on RT won't stop me from seeing it, and potentially enjoying it, just like terrible scores for other films I liked didn't affect me)

Last edited:
While he does seem to have a huge devotion to Sony. He is right that the hype is there. I don’t know if it’ll be a good movie but it’s got some people talking.

Thanks. I know I'm definitely one of the most vocal proponents/supporters for this movie around here ha, but yeah what I said still isn't any less true. And while I very well know this movie may suck ass, I'm still excited for it. I totally understand the general hate/skepticism for it, and Sony, and the reservations and ill-wishing, but it's hard to flat out deny the hype that does exist, just because you don't want it to, like them.

And I will clarify I don't necessarily have a huge devotion to Sony lol. True, it's much higher than most people, but it's more that I don't 'hate' them as much as most people, not that I 'love' them. If that makes sense. SM1 and 2 are still 2 of my favorite CMBs ever, and I personally loved Garfield's Amazing movies. They had their flaws but I really enjoyed them, they had a lot of heart. I def admit Sony has some dumbass sounding studio heads, like those leaked emails (-_-), but I just don't hate their track record as much as others

That's exactly what I see happening if Peter/Spidey join the franchise...the Sym become attracted to Peter/Spidey as it senses something is different about this potential host...and leave Eddie.

While Eddue is suffering from lost, envy, withdrawals, craving the need of power...Peter/Spidey sense the changes in himself & recognize he is being consume by the power & desires of the Sym; and, start to reject it.

After the rejection...the Sym return to Eddie, because it needs a host; but now, the Sym longs to rebond with Peter/Spidey...and this is signified by the new "White Spider" on it's chest & the incorporation of Spidey's personality & abilities like webbing, web-swinging, crawling up&dn walls. The Venom we been wanting to see...but also now, creating this dynamic between Eddie & the Sym...because Eddie now knows he is second-fiddle to Peter/Spidey. Now Peter/Spidey has become Eddie's #1, mortal enemy. A true villain now, to Spidey...

This is exactly the scenario I see happening if/when they decide to incorporate Spidey. Sure his traditional origin right out of the gate would be preferable, but there's no reason this wouldn't work either. It's Venom's traditional character arc, just in reverse. Which I actually think makes a lot of sense and is extremely viable. He starts out the anti-hero, then becomes the villain, instead of vice versa. It can even potentially make the relationships/bonds/hatreds even stronger. I like him starting 'good' then becoming a villain later, more than starting evil and turning good

There is an enormous amount of name recognition with Venom among 90s kids. If the film isn't Catwoman awful, it's going to make money. It doesn't have to take over the cinematic world or be an all-time classic like Avengers. Venom was a cultural phenomenon in the 90s and early 2000s. If this film can awaken even part of that enthusiasm, it's going to be a success.

I hate saying this all the time but the reason venom became so popular is cause of his connection to spidey

I hate saying this all the time but the reason venom became so popular is cause of his connection to spidey

He started that way, but that isn't the reason that his popularity has sustained all of this time. Some characters have an intangible that makes them stand out. Look at Deadpool. He started out as a bit player, a copy of Deathstroke, and an inside joke. Yet he's blossomed into a character who is popular enough to rival any of the X-men. Venom is similar in that his character grew to stand apart from Spidey, even if the Webslinger remains an important part of his history.

He started that way, but that isn't the reason that his popularity has sustained all of this time. Some characters have an intangible that makes them stand out. Look at Deadpool. He started out as a bit player, a copy of Deathstroke, and an inside joke. Yet he's blossomed into a character who is popular enough to rival any of the X-men. Venom is similar in that his character grew to stand apart from Spidey, even if the Webslinger remains an important part of his history.

Nah not the way I see it. I see it as the character is linked to Spider-Man and is everything Spider-Man doesn’t want to be. A dark version of Spider-Man. Deadpool’s origin isn’t tied to anyone and he doesn’t need the xmen but they still made it a point to show them cause he has history with them.
Venom is literally connected to Spider-Man. Has his thoughts and powers. He will always be apart of Spider-Man.

That’s why people like him. Not cause he looks cool or anything like that. He has this connection with Spider-Man no one else has and a history with him. Without Spider-Man he would t exist. He is born from his hatred of Spider-Man.

Even the horrible ultimate Spider-Man cartoon with no Eddie Brock got this down.

In fact I see a lot of comments asking if venom will fight Spider-Man in this movie.

I feel like you can do a great venom movie but not without establishing the history between peter and Brock. Like if this movie took place years later after a fight and venom choose to leave new york

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"