Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

Venom looks great, I'm actually super pumped for this movie. I think Hardy is going to kill it as Eddie. Will be buying my tickets for the 5th sometime this week.

I can believe how good the texture of the symbiote looks.

It’s looking better in motion, and they were smart to have a lot of th action taking place in the dark. The overly shiny look still isn’t my favorite though.

I usually don't care about RT scores, but I may actually check out the reviews to determine if I should see it opening weekend. I am not excited about this movie at all.

I usually don't care about RT scores, but I may actually check out the reviews to determine if I should see it opening weekend. I am not excited about this movie at all.

I’m in the same boat. If it ends up being decent I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I just don’t trust Sony to deliver a good product at this point.

It's co-written by one of the writers of Amazing Spider-Man 2 and directed by the guy who did Gangster Squad. I have no faith in this movie turning out decent.

I’m in the same boat. If it ends up being decent I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I just don’t trust Sony to deliver a good product at this point.

Agreed.

It's co-written by one of the writers of Amazing Spider-Man 2 and directed by the guy who did Gangster Squad. I have no faith in this movie turning out decent.

And exactly. Not to mention both Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing. Gross.

A month away and the CGI still looks AWFUL. Like seriously this looks like it was made in 1998! Movie looks cringeworthy.

A month away and the CGI still looks AWFUL. Like seriously this looks like it was made in 1998! Movie looks cringeworthy.
There are some shots where the CGI looks fine, but for the most part, it's pretty bad. It's the least of the film's problems though.

There are some shots where the CGI looks fine, but for the most part, it's pretty bad. It's the least of the film's problems though.

Yeah there are a couple shots that are fine but mostly it looks trashy. The part of him in that hallway transforming is just a joke.

And exactly. Not to mention both Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing. Gross.
So right, totally disgusting. Im not sure what was Tom Hardy thinking, his career is probably over already.

YEAH TOTALLY!!, the cgi looks like it's from a PS2 game.. BUT WORSE LOL!!!! Its like it's made with Microsoft PAINT ROFL!!!!!

Agreed, this movie movie will be a DISASTER from start to finish. It's gonna bomb so hard everyone at Sony is goona lose their jobs lol, i bet they are thinking about cancellig the whole thing right now.. and they SHOULD!

I think this honestly will bomb hard. I have been saying it since it was announced. It just looks like standard Amazing Spider-Man movie level Sony trash made JUST to make some money.

Agreed, this movie movie will be a DISASTER from start to finish. It's gonna bomb so hard everyone at Sony is goona lose their jobs lol, i bet they are thinking about cancellig the whole thing right now.. and they SHOULD!

Alot of people are still anticipating this movie so i wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

The only anticipation I see is from some die hard fans here, who probably also thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 was going to be a hit, and the rest are just people who think Venom is cool because he looks cool and probably couldn't tell you a thing about him.

and the rest are just people who think Venom is cool because he looks cool and probably couldn't tell you a thing about him.

And they are probably a majority. how much of one? who knows.

Last edited:
Tired of seeing the same posters pushing the Venom is only liked for shallow reasons bs. Give it a rest already.

Tired of seeing the same posters pushing the Venom is only liked for shallow reasons bs. Give it a rest already.

I like Venom, but he is not the greatest Spider-Man villain ever. He is not that deep. He is cool for fights, he looks great, he is fun. But he is no Green Goblin.

He certainly does not need a movie and this version looks atrocious. If you're tired of seeing it, too bad. Go to that Venom positivity thread if you don't want to live in reality. We are allowed to post opinions.

Sorry, but when all I see is people posting "he looks so cool" "I love how big he is" "Venom is sick looking in this" and not "This movie looks amazing." "What a compelling looking story" "Eddie looks so deep" "The story looks good" what do you want me to say? Nobody is praising anything other than it is a big monster with big teeth and he looks "sick"

Alot of people are still anticipating this movie so i wouldn't count your chickens just yet.
Oh i wasn't being serious in my last post, i dont think the movie is gonna bomb. Like i said before im really looking forward to the movie, not sure if it'll turn out to be good or bad but im still excited about it.

Sorry, but when all I see is people posting "he looks so cool" "I love how big he is" "Venom is sick looking in this" and not "This movie looks amazing." "What a compelling looking story" "Eddie looks so deep" "The story looks good" what do you want me to say? Nobody is praising anything other than it is a big monster with big teeth and he looks "sick"
And that makes you angry why?

Seriously dude, take a look at your comments, you say they are "opinions", but they look more like pure hatred for the character and the movie. Why do you keep posting here if you are obviously not interested in the movie and apparently dont care much about the character?

I'd be surprised to hear that anyone is going to see this for the plot. Joe Public think VENOM looks cool, but for how long after opening weekend?

And that makes you angry why?

Seriously dude, take a look at your comments, you say they are "opinions", but they look more like pure hatred for the character and the movie. Why do you keep posting here if you are obviously not interested in the movie and apparently dont care much about the character?

I love the character, which is why I post here. I have tons of Venom figures and stuff. He does look really cool. He is about as great of a foe as Rhino or Electro to me. But I just do not think he is this ultra super mega Spidey baddie that a lot of people king him as.

I am allowed to be irked at Sony ruining something that doesn't even need to exist, I am allowed to post my distaste for them obviously making a movie for nothing but money. Sorry, but forums are not meant to be filled with people who ONLY have good things to say about a movie. I am not attacking anyone or calling anyone any names. I'll say it again, you don't want negative opinions? Go to the "positivity" thread.

Is that a full movie screening?

I'm not sure.. Could be a press screening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"