Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

I will never understand the rejection of anything not MCU. This trailer has Venom looking comic accurate with the exception of the Spider symbol, and sounding comic accurate in terms of dialogue, some of which is word for word lifted from the source material and yet it's ridiculed. If this was an MCU movie, I feel the reception would be very different.

It's not the MCU issue. Look, I'm on board with this movie, gonna give it a chance and watch, but there's quite of a bit of issues and things to be concerned about. There's some stuff I'm liking and stuff I'm unsure about, but the issues people have with this aren't just down to a lack of an MCU connection.

Lol I like how if your mad about characters not being joined in a shared universe that they belong to anyway your an mcu blind fanboy . My issue is with Sony.

The trailer was okay. Kind of underwhelming.
I like the look of Venom and his voice. Not so sure about some of his dialog. I like Tom Hardy but at the same time i am not sure what he is really doing with this part. Some of the CGI isn't great, the plot seems pretty basic... It might be interesting but i don't expect it to be that great.

No, those people absolutely 100% get it. He is not the anti-Spider-Man. Having nothing but bad luck, going into journalism, being bullied as a kid, trying to be a hero in his symbiote costume does not make him the anti-Spider-Man.

At all.

Several Spidey villains had hard luck lives and were bullied losers before they became villains. Parker and Eddie's shared careers are apples and oranges. Peter went to the Bugle to make a quick buck selling Spidey photos. Its not his passion. Journalism was Eddie's passion. Science is Peter's passion. So they do not have that in common either.

The real anti-Spider-Man is and always has been Doc Ock. He and Peter are the ones who share the real common meaningful traits. They were both born and raised in middle class New York. Both were nerdy kids with glasses who were bullied. Peter Parker's school life right here;

They were both unpopular with girls because they were outcast nerds. They both were molded by their parental figures. Peter became a good person because of the moral values Ben and May instilled in him. Otto's father was a verbally abusive a-hole who kept telling him a man is measured by his strength and power, while his mom was an overbearing biotch who kept telling him that he was super smart and better than everyone, and they were all just jealous of his genius. The antithesis of 'With great power comes great responsibility'.

That is something they both recognize in each other, too;

Both lost their parents at a young age. Otto and Peter received their powers through their love of Science. Even the love of their lives had similar names - Mary Jane/Mary Alice. When they decided to do the Superior Spider-Man arc, what villain did they choose to inhabit Peter's body and life, and essentially try and be him? It wasn't Eddie Brock. It was the man who could have been just like Peter - Otto Octavius. Because he's the villain tailor made to be an anti-Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He's the one who inhabited Peter's body and life because its a mold that fits him like a glove. Those are real deep traits of being a real anti-Spider-Man character. Not having a black version of his costume, wearing an upside down spider symbol, and trying to be some warped anti-hero.

The comic book people sum it up perfectly here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDY0WKvFwQ8&t=0m38s

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Ock is a better character who has more in common with Peter than Venom. The great thing about stories and characters is we can interpret them differently. I don't feel Venom is just a character that looks "cool". There is a deepness to Eddie Brock and a fascinating similarity yet contrast between him and Peter.

You fans are a bit wishy-washy.

For the most part, Spider-Man 3 was a pretty accurate interpretation of the character. He was a journalist, he had connections to Peter, Spidey, the Bugle. His Venom look was very Romita/Bagley, spider symbol, he had the powers and the abilities.

But you guys complained that he didn't say "we." He could have had more screentime, yes, but he was still given better motivation to hate Spider-Man and more dimension than most of the comics I have seen him in. Plus they had a practical suit on set and it had CGI enhancements which is the way to go. Sony's 2018 Venom looks totally fake. The Symbiote adding so much muscle has never made sense to me. That's why I like it when he stays Brock's size, maybe gets a bit bigger. But this 10 foot tall JuggerHulk crap? Get out.

Now his origin is COMPLETELY changed, Spider-Man is GONE, Peter is GONE, Eddie looks NOTHING like the comic, acts like a child, the Sym BYE OTES are being treated like Iron Man suits or weapons etc. He has no chest spider, Spider-Man eyes for no reason, is a CGI mess, is too big which creates a stupid look with Eddie's TINY head on. I don't know, I feel like if Spider-Man 3 did any of this you guys would have flipped. People are just stoked because he is the big hulking slobbering idiot looking Venom and they seem to be ignoring the fact it is literally in name only.

This would never be an MCU movie because the MCU doesn't put out trash.

This is a Sony cash grab.

Nice post, webhead :up:

This is why I believe Spider-Man 3 will still end up being a better portrayal of the character than what this movie seems to be giving us.

And you know what, as the biggest fanboy of the Raimi series in the world, I'd be lying if I said I won't be taking some pleasure in watching this crash-and-burn. For the way Sony treated Sam and for the fanboys who blamed him for the characters treatment in Spidey 3, they deserve this atrocity.

Sony looks to be putting out another movie with the character that is even worse than the last time attempt, and there's going to be no Sam Raimi to blame this time.

I don’t know why but I feel like this is all cause of Avi Arad . All these dumb spin offs and this venom movie it feels like it’s all his stupid doing. After all he ruined Spider-Man 3 and the asm verse. It feels like he is doing this to spite the deal.

Ofcourse it's Arad. The mans Venom fetish is well documented. He doesn't respect the characters, but knows their popularity. This movie and the rest of the pointless spin-offs are his greed and ego on full display.

"The character and his origin isn't important, give him a long tongue and have him say "We" and that's all it will take to sucker in the fanboys".

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that Ock is a better character who has more in common with Peter than Venom. The great thing about stories and characters is we can interpret them differently. I don't feel Venom is just a character that looks "cool". There is a deepness to Eddie Brock and a fascinating similarity yet contrast between him and Peter.

Nice post, webhead :up:

This is why I believe Spider-Man 3 will still end up being a better portrayal of the character than what this movie seems to be giving us.

And you know what, as the biggest fanboy of the Raimi series in the world, I'd be lying if I said I won't be taking some pleasure in watching this crash-and-burn. For the way Sony treated Sam and for the fanboys who blamed him for the characters treatment in Spidey 3, they deserve this atrocity.

Sony looks to be putting out another movie with the character that is even worse than the last time attempt, and there's going to be no Sam Raimi to blame this time.

I admit Spider-Man 3 is flawed, but I still love it. There is so much that works in it for me, and I can still feel it had heart being put into it. I think Sam took a lot of plot and characters and did a great job of making it work the best he could. It is impressive how well it flows for me considering how much is happening. I would change a few things for sure, but I still love it.

Raimi had class, and he had passion. This new movie looks like it was made for money and money alone.

Avi Arad has let the symbiote corrupt him lol.

The reason why Sony that movie is simple:
33459455qu.jpg

I will never understand the rejection of anything not MCU. This trailer has Venom looking comic accurate with the exception of the Spider symbol, and sounding comic accurate in terms of dialogue, some of which is word for word lifted from the source material and yet it's ridiculed. If this was an MCU movie, I feel the reception would be very different.

If this were an MCU movie there'd be more faith in the finished product considering how much goodwill they've built up until this point, but it wouldn't change the fact that these trailers aren't great.

Never heard of him. The only twitch streamer I follow is Nev4rk, who is very excited about the Kraven movie by the way.

:rimshot:

Huh?

Deadpool and Logan are non-MCU films and they have received critical acclaim...

People are not upset because this isn't an MCU film. People are upset because:

1- they don't think it looks very good as a film
2- it is being made by Sony, a studio that has a very poor track record
3- it is being produced by Avi Arad (who had a large role in Spider-Man 3 and the TASM films)
4- it has no connection to Spider-Man, which is integral to the character of Venom
5- it is the start of Sony's planned Spider-Man-less Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (or whatever it's supposed to be).

Wait, are wr actually saying SM3 Brock/Venom, TOPHER GRACE Brock/Venom is looking more accurate than this one? Guys, I've got concerns with this movie but come on, by FAR this is more visually the Eddie Brock/Venom from the comics.

Wait, are wr actually saying SM3 Brock/Venom, TOPHER GRACE Brock/Venom is looking more accurate than this one? Guys, I've got concerns with this movie but come on, by FAR this is more visually the Eddie Brock/Venom from the comics.

He has blonde hair and the spider logo from the comics, and the eye shape is more like the comics. TECHNICALLY this version wins if we are just going off look accuracy.

The 2018 Sony disaster resembles Venom in the face but no where else. Just a black body with veins. Sadly the face makes him look lacking in intelligence and kind of like a slobbering doofus, which is not my favorite Venom look.

He has blonde hair and the spider logo from the comics, and the eye shape is more like the comics. TECHNICALLY this version wins if we are just going off look accuracy.

The 2018 Sony disaster resembles Venom in the face but no where else. Just a black body with veins. Sadly the face makes him look lacking in intelligence and kind of like a slobbering doofus, which is not my favorite Venom look.

Oh come on now. Venom's face looks like it lacks intelligence? I get that its not your favourite take facially and that you have valid concerns about the symbol-vein issue, but he not got big blank eyes and a slack jaw. He's emoting, sneering, growling, taunting and looking occasionally sinister.

This movie doesn't have a shortage in things to complain about or be concerned, but I feel lit this is stretching.

Yeah I feel just in terms of bringing Venom to life, this wins hands down. I mean, for Pete's sake, Raimi couldnt even be bothered to give his Venom any kind of modulated voice. Whenever Venom spoke, it was Eric Foreman's voice. That right there made Raimi's interpretation just a complete utter failure. With this, they are at least putting effort into making this a comic faithful Venom, visually, audibly and characteristically. The problem is the story dont look that good.

Yea venom looks amazing it’s just that everything else looks stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"