Sequels Sony to do more Maguire and Garfield solo films?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
It's a rumour that was brought up in another thread (Spider-Man 3).
Do you think Sony is actually planning more Raimiverse films and ASM-verse films? Or is it just some fanboy dream?
Can we get Raimi's Spider-Man 4 along the line? Atleast one poster here was excited about the possibility. I don't remember who.

Should the older versions of Peter Parker still be Spider-Man or have quit being a hero? Someone mentioned that one of them could be a teacher, the other a scientist.

There's always been a longing from some fans for a Raimi directed Spider-man 4. I would potentially love to see this.

TAMS3 though? That would be news to me. I think even fans of TASM1 got burned out with the changes in the sequel. How would you approach another movie in that series? Would you go back to the original intention of the grim dark first movie or make a sequel to the Batman & Robin of Spider-man movies?

Either way, treat this rumour with a massive pile of salt.

Last edited:
I've learned to never say never , but I'm skeptical.

Now, Tobey's or Andrew's Peter appearing in future Sony Spiderman themed films, or spin offs, as a films ala Keaton in the DCEU, that could be a possibility.

I have to think Amy Pascal and Sony would want to do alot more with Maguire and Garfield in their universe in terms of spinoffs than Feige would want to do with them in terms of the mainline MCU films.

I can really only see SM4 being profitable, but I only want it if Raimi is directing.

I love the idea though, but it is getting into overkill territory.

I'd like to see another Amazing Spider-Man film, but given that they bailed on it to begin with I don't see them wanting to come back when they've got a successful franchise going with Holland. Spider-Man 4 is a little different because that ended when Raimi and the actors left, so if they were willing to return it's a little more plausible. I wouldn't count on it, though.

Would Dunst agree to return as well?

What about JJ Jameson/J. K. Simmons? He's now, sort of, moved over to the Holland version.

Rosemary Harris is still alive, though she haven't been acting the past five years. Has she retired?
Edit: She did some stage work recently.

From ASM-verse, I have no doubt Sally Field would do atleast one more film

Honestly I could see it be the kind of situation where maybe Sam Raimi didn't feel SM4 10 years ago and walked away from it, but he gets energized from working on Doctor Strange and if the stars align he could do Spidey again. Maybe the ideas weren't right 10 years ago but with some time removed and the genre really having evolved they'd come at it from a new perspective.

I can see Maguire and Holland appearing in a live action Spider-Verse movie or Doctor Strange 2 but no continuation of previous iterations of the franchise.

I don't even see them going the DC/Keaton route of having an older version of the hero mentoring a person taking up the mantle.

Maybe Sam Raimi will return to direct Andrew Garfield instead, with Rosemary Harris as Aunt May, Emma Stone now as Mary Jane and Michael Keaton as Vulture.

Having them return in a Spiderverse type project is one thing. But having 3 ongoing Spider-Man franchises of literally Spider-Man? I just don't see this being viable. I love the Raimi films. For me, those Spider-Man films still stand up taller than subsequent films (sans SM3, but even that movie I like even if it is flawed). But do I want Spider-Man 4 now? No. It wouldn't be the same, even if ya got Raimi and co all back together. You can't capture that same lightning in a bottle. My interest in seeing more TASM movies is even lower.

I highly doubt this ever comes to fruition.

Last edited:
The only way i could see this happening is if you could keep these films in a universe type structure that keeps the audience watching and feeling like we are progressing into something bigger.

Otherwise its just messy to jump back and forth and expecting the to invest.

Last edited:
Maybe Sam Raimi will return to direct Andrew Garfield instead, with Rosemary Harris as Aunt May, Emma Stone now as Mary Jane and Michael Keaton as Vulture.
Mixing Raimiverse and ASM then?
Why Andrew in that verse, and not his own? If he's in it, why not bring Sally over as well?

Keaton's Vulture was a one thing only. He won't continue in that role now that he's back as Batman

I’d love to see another Raimi directed Spider-Man movie with Tobey Maguire returning. I’m sure Raimi would want to redeem himself after Spider-Man 3 and it seems that Tobey would be keen on returning.

Yes, a 70 year old Nicholas Hammond too :)

I dunno tbh. I'd rather just focus on a few multiverse elements than stuffing in as many cameos as possible. If there's a way to stick him in as a quick cameo or an after credits scene then maybe.

I dunno tbh. I'd rather just focus on a few multiverse elements than stuffing in as many cameos as possible. If there's a way to stick him in as a quick cameo or an after credits scene then maybe.
Just a quick cameo? I can't believe that would be so hard to acchieve. Five seconds or so, doesn't stray away from the film at all.
It's a multiverse thing. We can have him appear in the suit in one of the worlds. He unmasks (so we know it's Hammond) and he looks scared or puzzled when looking at someting we can't see.

Remember all the Stan Lee cameos? They were moments just like this one.
And we will know there's atleast one other Spider-Man than just Tobey and Andrew. It's not just three universes, but many more. It would feel like a richer multiverse to the audience.

Hypothetically, If Spider-Man 4 happened, would you guys want them to revive the original idea for i.e Vulture and Vultress(or Black Cat) or craft a new story from scratch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"