Sony to do more Maguire and Garfield solo films?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Airwings, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

^would Liz be the new "Vultress" in that scenario ?

2. SpocksBrain Internet Geek

I don’t think a straightforward “Spider-Man 4” will happen, but I do think that when they do a “Spider-verse” movie after MCU Spider-Man 3 it will feature Tobey’s Peter Parker passing the torch to Miles Morales, who will be from the Rami-verse. Then the Miles Morales movies will be in the Rami-verse, which will be connected to the MCU through their multiverse.

3. GuestStar2004 Registered

I don't think there will be any passing the torch to Miles. i think if Miles is involved he will be set up already. they won't use a spider-verse movie to set up miles. we had that already. this needs to be abit different.

#28 GuestStar2004, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  4. Sawyer High King

I feel like there’s a big difference between A) Keaton making a comeback in supporting capacity and Affleck (also supporting) giving what will likely be his last hurrah while Pattinson kicks off his tenure and B) Holland, Maguire and Garfield simultaneously leading three separate franchises in the role of Peter Parker.

It just doesn’t seem believable to me.

5. henzINNIT Registered

The world couldn't handle Spider-Man 4. We would drown in memes.

Chip Chipperson likes this.
  6. Airwings Waves of air

:wow: :D

7. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

If there's a Spider-Man 4 that means no holy trilogy.

8. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

The holy quadruple-ly

9. Airwings Waves of air

Spider-Man 4 Story: The Plot Of Sam Raimi's Cancelled Sequel

Another crowded film. Vulture, Black Cat and Mysterio would have been possible.
    The article also mentions a storyboard that shows Spidey clashing with Rhino.

There was a plan to give Bruce Campbell a bigger role this time.

Connors' journey to become Lizard could have happened as well.

Nearly everybody of these characters appeared later in the films with Garfield and Holland.
    If the script for the fourth film will be used, it needs to be altered to have other villains instead.
    Kraven The Hunter is maybe the most known of the not-yet-used ones. There's also Chameleon and Carnage.
    So the film could still end up with three bad guys.

10. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I think you go Kraven’s Last Hunt, with Dylan Baker playing the Lizard as well. It’d play well with an older Peter. Heck, add May Parker or Miles Morales to continue the story for later sequels.

11. venom892 Coming Home

A Kraven's Last Hunt story sounds perfect for a Tobey send off. You can imply Spider-Man has already embrassed Kraven multiple times and Kraven can even be the one who lets Lizard loose. Raimi could do a lot with the premise.

BobJM likes this.
  12. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

Biggest hurdle IMO would be getting the actors to actually come back. Convincing them to come back in a supporting role is one thing, but actually coming back to their own franchises is a big deal. Tobey Maguire, apart from one small voice role, hasn't even acted in anything since 2014, six years ago, according to his IMDB. Andrew Garfield has had no qualms expressing his 'heartbreak' about the way his Spidey run turned out and seems perfectly happy doing smaller indie films.

Sony on the other hand will clearly try anything they think would get them some money. I mean this is the same studio that seriously considering greenlighting a damn Aunt May movie so if they think it'd be beneficial to them, I could see them pursuing it. But the actors? I dunno.

13. Airwings Waves of air

Can the details from the scrapped S-M 4 script be re-written a bit to work as a film now in 2020?

14. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

I'd think so. Though I'd like to see more focus on Peter's middle-age that'd he be in now.

15. GuestStar2004 Registered

From what i remember reading. the story was basically that Peter and MJ were engaged and peter was meeting MJ's father, and it doesn't go very well. MJ is angry at peter and they split up... again. and then stuff happens, Black cat comes into the picture as new love interest, they sleep together once and peter feels guilty, the story plays out with Vulture as the villain and at the end Peter gets back with MJ.

I dunno if that leaked script was real. but it sounds like the sorta Spider-man movie Raimi would make. so would anyone really want this story done today? you would have to acknowledge years has passed so there would have to be MAJOR changes. I don't think you could do it.

16. Airwings Waves of air

You mean it's almost impossible to use details from the script?
    Should they write a completely new one?

Yeah, I think so too. It should be evident that all these years have passed.
    Maybe half of the story can borrow the old ideas, the other part is something new that puts focus on the actors' current age.

#41 Airwings, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  17. GuestStar2004 Registered

Well for one thing they would need to change the whole Engaged thing. if you wanna count the ages of the characters and that 10 years has gone by then they should have been married long ago. and do you guys really wanna see another splitting up story?

cheating with black cat i ain't sure would look good at this point. so really you would need to change alot of the script that would have worked back to something that would need to abit different now.

You can't really act like no time has passed. especially 13 years

18. Airwings Waves of air

That's why I wrote

"It should be evident that all these years have passed.
    Maybe half of the story can borrow the old ideas, the other part is something new that puts focus on the actors' current age"

in the same post you replied to.

Maybe you read too fast?

19. mclay18 Registered

If Sony wanted to do a follow-up to Raimi’s trilogy with Raimi directing— he would want creative control and finish his story unfettered. But the thing is, he’ll probably get it if Marvel Studios is producing. If it’s a Sony standalone, I can see him clash with Tom Rothman over the budget.

But if it did happen, I would be ECSTATIC. I’d be line Thursday night opening.

Airwings likes this.
  20. GuestStar2004 Registered

No i just didn't read the post below in which said it as it wasn't quoted at me.

21. Airwings Waves of air

I would be happy too.
    The tought of him directing not just another Spider-Man, but also under the MCU flag, gets me all excited.
    Of course it won't be the actual MCU-verse as it takes place on another earth, but it can still be canon and give hints about the multiverse, things that happens to Avengers etc

Now, what details from the old script can still work now that the actors are a decade older?
    Should Mysterio, Vulture and Lizard be written out because they been used in later incarnations of Spidey? What about Rhino? He only did a cameo in ASM2.
    Can they keep Black Cat in the story?

22. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Raimi Spidey with freedom and Rothman nowhere to be seen would be ideal. It would be amazing for a big section of Spidey fans.

mclay18, Airwings and The Infernal like this.
  23. mclay18 Registered

I don’t think Rothman will be hands on like he had been with the Fox-men. He’ll look at Raimi’s track record with the first three Spidey films, maybe haggle over the budget a bit, but he’ll probably leave him be.

Raimi will probably have the support of Amy Pascal, who Rothman adores. And if Kevin Feige is backing Raimi, then Rothman will leave them alone.

24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I hope so. He’s been a negative influence whenever he’s got too involved. If Raimi knocks Dr Strange 2 out the park I would hope that also leads to him getting more freedom.

25. GuestStar2004 Registered

I don't think Sam Raimi is gonna get a huge amount of freedom with Multiverse of Madness. mostly because from the sound of it the movie will involve alot of already recognisable assets that he will have to play accordingly too and work WITH the MCU. which Raimi hasn't done alot of working with other peoples material in his directing career because he has his own particular style. Kevin Feige will be the one that says yes, no, or we need to do it a certain way.

And in a way i think it might be for the best that Fiege is a watchful eye.

#50 GuestStar2004, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020