Sony to do more Maguire and Garfield solo films?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Airwings, Oct 20, 2020.

1. mclay18 Registered

I think Raimi is doing Multiverse of Madness as a favor for Feige. Maybe use that movie's success (plus Feige's pull) to do SM-4 with the returning cast?

That would make sense too. Especially if Feige and Amy Pascal run interference so Raimi can finish out his Peter Parker story on his own terms. Plus, his company Ghost House Pictures already has a first look deal at Sony...

2. GuestStar2004 Registered

Well Raimi's spider-man probably wouldn't be an MCU movie. Holland Spider-man is an MCU movie. Raimi would probably be working under just Sony. Fiege may throw in some script notes like he often does, but ultimately he probably wouldn't be a part of it.

I think if Spider-man 3 has Toby in it. that could very well be the conclusion his spider-man never got. to see where he is 13 years later. with a rumour from Daniel RPK that Toby's spider-man may be married and have a son.

Although there are rumours that Toby and Andrew could be in Multiverse of Madness aswell as Spider-man 3. but really any option at this point would never be the Spider-man 4 people would expect. too much time has passed.

I do think in a way though its a genius idea to take the past Spider-man movies and somehow integrate them with the MCU. even if its by multiverse. it makes them feel less alone as films and part of a multi universal continuity

#52 GuestStar2004, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    mclay18 likes this.
  3. mclay18 Registered

I want some closure for Maguire’s Peter Parker. I know the original SM-3 ended on a quieter note (very similar to Endgame) but there was story left to tell.

Even if it’s just for a scene or two in SM-3, I would like to see Maguire and Dunst together. See their characters get a happier send off.

GREEN =w= DAY, Iceman and Nardz937 like this.
  4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would love to see them get a positive ending after such a long time with their characters out of film.

mclay18 likes this.
  5. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

Spider-Man 4 isn't going to come out of this. I think Sam Raimi is directing DS2 because he wants back into Hollywood's good graces again.

I do think he will return to Spider-Man though.

6. GuestStar2004 Registered

It was also said sometime ago that Dr Strange 2 was gonna have horror movie aspects to it. which should be up Raimi's ally. although i can't imagine what would make Dr Strange 2 a type of horror movie.

7. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

The title of the movie is a nod to At the Mountains of Madness and Shuma-Gorath has been rumored, so I'm guessing there might be some Lovecraft influences.

8. Airwings Waves of air

Dr Strange visiting dark dimensions, inhabited by demonic creatures and poltergeists?
    Maybe vampires too? As a nod to Blade, who's going to appear later down the line.

Iceman likes this.
  9. mclay18 Registered

Kirsten Dunst was asked about Spider-Man Homecoming in an 2017 interview. She hadn't seen any of the movies after the ones she did and proudly said that she would return for another movie with Raimi and Maguire.

I think depending on how well MCU SM-3 does next year, a Raimi-helmed SM-4 under Marvel and Sony within 2-3 years is a possibility.

Airwings and Iceman like this.
  10. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I know some of you guys are wishing for an ASM3 or SM4 to come out of whatever occurs in Holland's SM3, but I'd honestly be content with Maguire and Garfield's stories just being wrapped up in a Spider-Verse movie. Just an actual, proper conclusion that ties loose ends left by their previous movies.

jignat likes this.
  11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I think a Raimi SM4 with him given flexibility after nailing Strange would be so popular with fans and the GA.

Airwings likes this.
  12. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Today's GA isn't the same as the one in the 2000's though. I don't think most young movie-goers this day and age have grown up with the Raimi films much less watched them, so I'm not sure they'd care as much.

13. GuestStar2004 Registered

Comic book movies have changed alot since SM3.

14. Boom I got nothin'

I 100% endorse Raimi and Maguire getting another go at Spider-Man 4.

15. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

It's unlikely, but a fan can dream.

Iceman likes this.
  16. Erik Lensherr Registered

Now we need Raimi back!

Iceman likes this.
  17. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Considering a good chunk of the GA either grew up with Tobey’s Spider-Man or most everyone knows him to the be the “original” Spider-Man, I would say there’d be a lot of interest

Iceman and Airwings like this.
  18. Airwings Waves of air

The two previous Spidey actors have been rumoured for some time now.
    It's possible for one or both to show up as a surprise, in either If Dr Strange: Multiverse of Madness (directed by Raimi), or the next MCU/Sony Spidey (with cameo by Strange).

If Strange's film is a hit and Holland's third also performs well... we will get a Raimiverse Spider-Man 4 soon after.
    Unless Raimi/Tobey/Dunst back out.

The old script will be adjusted a bit to suit the actors' age and to fit in with the current crop of superhero films

#68 Airwings, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  19. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don’t think that we get either still.

Arachnerd likes this.
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This wouldn’t be aimed at them though, it’d be aimed at those who did grow up with them, same as Keaton’s return as Batman isn’t going to excite today’s 15 year olds. There is still plenty for the young guys with Holland’s Spidey being involved in a much larger Spidey-focused project.

21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It’s not as if the films are that old anyway compared to many of the other films that are being remade these days. Amongst middle aged geek-world it’s absolutely huge.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  22. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

Even if SM4 were to come to fruition this decade it would have to be something entirely different than what it was originally going to be. That could be a good thing because while Raimi wasn't able to crack it with that specific version 11 years ago, maybe with the way things have changed they'd be able to come at it with a worthy new idea and renewed passion. I honestly wouldn't care to see the Malkovich Vulture and Vultress stuff. We've got Vulture on the big screen now with Keaton and he was great. I'm not saying make a gritty R-rated Logan, but maybe that idea of a Spidey who's been at it long and the baggage that still comes with it in the trademark Raimi approach.

23. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

“Spider-Man 4” could potentially be very lucrative for Sony. I imagine they would discard the original script for something completely different.

Taking cues from “Spider-Man: Reign” seems the most logical place to start from. That story served as Spider-Man’s own “The Dark Knight Returns” or “Old Man Logan”. The story finds a Spider-Man far past his prime, being driven out of the shadows to fight again. The specifics of the story are inconsequential and would naturally be tweaked to suit the Raimi continuity, but the general outline could provide a solid framework for “Spider-Man 4”.

Given the studio insight we gleaned from the Sony hacks, we know how intent they are on developing a Spider-Man cinematic universe. Thankfully, they made the right decision to partner with Kevin Feige, but before that deal was ratified, Sony toyed with the idea of giving Aunt May her own movie. We know that Sony is willing to develop nearly anything Spider-related, and a hypothetical “Spider-Man 4” would have substantial support from fans. The introduction of the multiverse gives Sony the opportunity to reopen two different franchises. I don’t see a legitimate downside to a “Spider-Man 4” or even a “The Amazing Spider-Man 3”. Especially when you consider the alternative which finds Sony wasting everyone’s time by making movies about Aunt May, Silk, or Nightwatch.

#73 The Lazarus Pit, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  24. mclay18 Registered

I can't see Raimi wanting to do a TDKR-style SM-4. If he does return for another go at SM-4, it'll likely be a similar story he was working on before he abandoned the project. And they'll adjust it for passage of time and so forth.

Geekosity's Mikey Sutton says that Marvel and Sony want to send out Maguire's Peter Parker on a high note. Whether it's through a SpiderVerse movie or SM-4, I can't say.

25. GuestStar2004 Registered

I actually think Spider-man 3 could open more interesting doors for Sony than a Spider-man 4. according to Daniel RPK who so far looks to be correct about alot of things. he said Sony are looking into multiverse movies including Spider-man 2099.