The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony's claiming their quarterly profits benefitted from the film's success...

I don't see how this is a failure either.

The way you said it looks that the movie was a bomb which clearly wasn't since Sony is even profiting because of it.

Yeah it made the least out of any Spidey movie and it even had higher ticket prices and 3D going for it...then it did poor critically and the audience rating drops as we speak. The movie came out on DVD three months after release where as the others were around the holiday season.

This is no success. This is a rapidly declining franchise that has been butchered by the current team behind it and Sony. If they keep making sequels and spin-offs in this direction it will get worse.
They need to let it rest and maybe Marvel can get it and someone who knows what the **** they're doing can have a go.

This is all true.

I have to admit.

Marvel getting Spidey back would be very, very exciting. I won't be saying whether they'll handle him better or not, because we don't know that yet, and probably won't for a long time.

It would be really damn exciting, though.

The odds are they would handle him better because they do have a great track record and Spider-Man is easy to get right.

They do.

Barely even matters, though. Sony aren't letting go. Not for a long time, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"