Soulmates?

DV8 ur right about not giving too much of a sh-it, best way to get some.

I am very happy living with my soon to be wife, this year is going to be three years we've been together, twelve we've known each other and have been friends

when we ended up together, most all of our friends said they figured it was just a matter of time before it would happen

we are very similar, yet different in many other things, and we complement each other

and she loves sex

GV, what are you gonna do? retire your cock? :(

Why not? It is just sitting there doing nothing.:oldrazz:

Think that's part of your problem, trying to chase it like it's a goal. You are right in a way of just letting it happen, but there's nothing wrong with approaching women.

Talking to women does not equate to chasing love. Think you are just over dramatic about it.

I am not trying to be over dramatic. I am trying to stop being overdramatic. By letting go. I can be more free & confortable to just talk to woman, & see where is goes from there. There is no pressure now, so it will make it easier.

I am very happy living with my soon to be wife, this year is going to be three years we've been together, twelve we've known each other and have been friends

when we ended up together, most all of our friends said they figured it was just a matter of time before it would happen

we are very similar, yet different in many other things, and we complement each other

and she loves sex

Who doesn't love sex?:up:

why does a soulmate have to conjour images of Cinderella and happy ever after romance? Because it has the word "mate" in it? My Silent Bob and I are soulmates. I want him to grow old with me, and he feels the same. We give each other support and love and happiness. But neither of us have a romantic interest towards each other. It is not necessary to sleep with him to prove to him how much I love him, and he is not desperate to stake his claim on me by bedding me.

GV, what are you gonna do? retire your cock? :(
You have such a way with words. *very impressed*

As for GV retiring his ... thingy... that's sad.
Don't be a quitter, GV!

You have such a way with words. *very impressed*

As for GV retiring his ... thingy... that's sad.
Don't be a quitter, GV!

See, GV!!! SEE!! There's a mega-hottie RIGHT HERE that told you to NOT retire your cock . . . you can't be stopped . . . :up:

Why not? It is just sitting there doing nothing.:oldrazz:

you should smack it around a little, show it who's boss :cmad:

I am not trying to be over dramatic. I am trying to stop being overdramatic. By letting go. I can be more free & confortable to just talk to woman, & see where is goes from there. There is no pressure now, so it will make it easier.

see . . . this is exactly the kind of mentality you need to have :up: like I said before, dude . . . you're so money you don't even know it!! you're witty and have a good sense of humor, and those are pry 2 of the most sought after things females look for in a mate . . . just get out there and start talking to some ladies, period . . . talk to ANY lady, ANYWHERE . . . EVERYWHERE . . . fk it :up:

you should smack it around a little, show it who's boss :cmad:

I am pretty sure you just told me to go f**k myself.:cmad::oldrazz:

see . . . this is exactly the kind of mentality you need to have :up: like I said before, dude . . . you're so money you don't even know it!! you're witty and have a good sense of humor, and those are pry 2 of the most sought after things females look for in a mate . . . just get out there and start talking to some ladies, period . . . talk to ANY lady, ANYWHERE . . . EVERYWHERE . . . fk it :up:

Yeah, yeah money got it.
PR-Firm-Refuses-To-Work-With-Vince-Vaughn-2.jpg

Ummm no...Try an ideal maybe, a goal, a life's work, the ability to know oneself. Those love's are pretty powerful...

Those are all things people can be passionate about, but I wouldn't associate any of them with love.

What surprises me is that these idiotic kids marry their high school sweet heart before going out in the world and seeing what it has to offer with women and life in general...idiots if you ask me:o

*raises hand.

Yes sir, I am an idiot, and it did end very badly as most (smart) people predicted. 8 years later I have fixed than and now AM with the love of my life :) Had to import him from about 3,300 miles away but I found him :D

Those are all things people can be passionate about, but I wouldn't associate any of them with love.
I would say they are love. I think if you've ever seen a man moved to tears over failing at something, let's say for example, Football, you're seeing a form of love. If you've ever seen a guy stay up late, until 3 in the morning, just to better his country, you're watching love. Probably in it's purest form because there is simply no physical gratification one is really going to get from that...it's all in their head.

Now, I will say this though. While the attaction between a mate and another is not as strong, an attraction based on like minds can be as strong. Someone with whom you share the same goals, or ideals, or passions is ultimately going to create the most lasting of affections.

I think people get the idea of a soulmate in reverse. I'll try to give you a metaphor for it: imagine a chariot with two horses, one wild and one tame. The tame one is afixed above on whatever type or kind of person you are: let's say you're athletic and your goals are all spirited and physical. That tame horse is constantly chasing that goal. The wild horse is chasing, well, every piece of tail imaginable, and every earthly pleasure. He's trying to fill that "incompleteness" we all share because we realize our mortality, the thing the tame horse attempts to transcend.

If you meet someone you truly love, together your able to tame your wild horses and get the chariot working together to fill that void of incompleteness. You do this by trying to find a "like soul". This may not necessarily be one person, it may be a person you already know, and in all likelyhood that person's bond is going to be a lot more like a friendship in a lot of ways.

Anyways, I know that's a horrible and convoluted explanation of love, but I feel it's hard to put into words.

I was with a girl for a couple of years when i was stationed in germany . It was the most i have ever cared about and loved a person . alot of the time we knew what the other was thinking or what the other was going to say before it was said to the point where it was almost uncanny . There were alot of similarities between us and we had alot of fun . When i had to go to iraq for what i thought would be a year and turned into 15 months i told her to just go and enjoy her life but she waited . so i felt like it was meant to be and maybe it was . i'll never feel the same enthusiasm again .
unfortunately i had to let her go for both of our sakes , she would of came back with me away from her family and friends , i could have stayed but the only option was to stay in the army and that wasnt a good choice at the time , i didnt think i could of handled going back to iraq.... so soon . I dont know if i did the right thing or not , anyways life sucks .

I would say they are love. I think if you've ever seen a man moved to tears over failing at something, let's say for example, Football, you're seeing a form of love. If you've ever seen a guy stay up late, until 3 in the morning, just to better his country, you're watching love. Probably in it's purest form because there is simply no physical gratification one is really going to get from that...it's all in their head.

Now, I will say this though. While the attaction between a mate and another is not as strong, an attraction based on like minds can be as strong. Someone with whom you share the same goals, or ideals, or passions is ultimately going to create the most lasting of affections.

I think people get the idea of a soulmate in reverse. I'll try to give you a metaphor for it: imagine a chariot with two horses, one wild and one tame. The tame one is afixed above on whatever type or kind of person you are: let's say you're athletic and your goals are all spirited and physical. That tame horse is constantly chasing that goal. The wild horse is chasing, well, every piece of tail imaginable, and every earthly pleasure. He's trying to fill that "incompleteness" we all share because we realize our mortality, the thing the tame horse attempts to transcend.

If you meet someone you truly love, together your able to tame your wild horses and get the chariot working together to fill that void of incompleteness. You do this by trying to find a "like soul". This may not necessarily be one person, it may be a person you already know, and in all likelyhood that person's bond is going to be a lot more like a friendship in a lot of ways.

Anyways, I know that's a horrible and convoluted explanation of love, but I feel it's hard to put into words.

That was profound, man :up:

Hey- that's a really cool post, makes a lot of sense to me.

I think I'm on his "ignore".

And I'm honestly not trying to embarrass.

Wil gave a good example of someone who was "love sucks" and "women suck" etc. because of his inexperience.

JAL comes off and from the stories he writes, all the "pain" he's suffered is from unrequited love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"