Transformers Soundwave

Isn't this pretty old? I thought I saw something like this before the film came out..

-TNC

No, this is a new design, although there have been other takes on this alt mode. A few different people worked from the same brief (a project I started on another site), and my design happened to come in last as it is hand-drawn, not a photo-manipulation.

Good guys: "hey guys, why is there a military surveillance vehicle parked over there?"

:whatever:

If you look at the movie alt modes, they're all very eye-catching. While this is not necessarily a good thing for a "robot in disguise", it certainly makes for a more visually interesting collection of vehicles. As always with these types of movies a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is required.

His 'cool factor' doesn't come from his alt mode. It never did.

He's always been cooler as the cat.

The wheel mode allows him to detach and roll as Soundwave is driving along. He, presumably, will be able to reformat at will, like movie frenzy.

Yeah... but we're talking about a Bay film here. This guy replaced a yellow, hidden-in-plain-sight-by-virtue-of-being-innocuous, volkswagon with a 'look-at-me' yellow muscle car. That of course turned one of Transformers' most iconic characters from a scout into a warrior.

Secondly the question of scale also says this is not going to happen. A tyre, even a solid core tyre, would have enough mass to become a cat about half (or maybe only a third) the size of what it needs to be for a decent version of Ravage.

Laserbeak is the satellite dish on top of the vehicle mode.

Mass...? :huh:

Again, the scale isn't there. A satellite dish is going to wind up being comparable to Frenzy's decapitated head. Honestly, if Laserbeak ever makes it into this movie series he's probably going to be about Frenzy's size and then he'd be defaulting to something with more substance than a satellite dish.

We want alt modes that are relativily useful on Earth/Combat. A freaking satellite will just hang out in outer space and fire lazer beams at best. It would be cool to have him that in the beginning of the movie, but this communications vehicle is the best rendition so far (although this particular design is a bit blocky like G1, not so much in line with the movie). Same general concept a bit better rendition.

I don't really want Soundwave to have a combative alt. mode because I don't think it would really fit him. A satellite silently orbiting the Earth just seems better, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"