Source Material Deviations

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Bishop2, May 13, 2006.

1. WorthyStevens Green Man

I'll answer to this one.

Singer nearly ****ed that up with X2. Angel was originally set to cameo as an imprisoned mutant of Stryker's along with Cyclops, whom Scott meets for the first time.

And also, Singer ****ed up with Iceman not being a part of the original five as well.

2. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

what?

yeah that was cheap.....i was talking about him being in x3

3. BMM Registered

Ultimate X-Men was released after the original X-Men, so this lies with the movie.

4. BMM Registered

No one said it was cheap in X3, and I would hardly call his cameo cheap in X2 . . . no more so than any cameo in X3 or any movie for that matter.

5. Dope Nose Registered

I remember a rumor about there being an x-ray of Angel's wings in Stryker's base.

6. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

yeah and in the meuseum too

7. WorthyStevens Green Man

There's also designs for Angel on the X2 DVD.

8. N_z0 Registered

So we shouldn't care about callisto? We should just be okay if she acts as henchwoman number 3?

No one mentioned Angel nor complained about Iceman's "cameo" in X-men either but we all know now that a lot of people do care.

And who cares about Stacy X/Arclight? See here it actually works coz compared to Callisto, these two don't register. :o

Hey, PJ! I have a vague idea about what you mean by sick but i'll pm you in a bit. :)

9. Almighty Pejo Registered

You might have gotten a kiss if you hadn't used past mistakes as reasoning to make future ones. If that's not what you were doing, I apologize, but that was what it felt like to me. Since there was source deviation in the first films, any source deviation in future films would be justified, even if it's killing off characters who deserve development, or having a bunch of INOs running around, like Callisto, Juggernaut and 98% of Magneto's army, Trask, et cetera.

Thanks for the insult. When do I get my world wide recognition and honor for being a high functioning and intellectual human being in spite of having no brain in my skull?

I think your vague idea is probably the right idea, wowie. I await your PM, good sir!

10. BMM Registered

That's true, but he didn't. That's like saying they almost botched up with a Wolverine/Storm sexual relationship, but they didn't . . . in so far as Iceman not being a part of the original five, it's no different than Angel not being a part of the original five now . . . Angel wasn't even aware the school existed . . . It works both ways, but I would hardly count the almost mess-ups . . . you might as well throw all idea making and storyboarding for movies in there, as there is always tossing around plenty of ideas in determining movie plots--doesn't mean they'll make it in.

11. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

callisto has always been henchwoman number3.......

now that shes in the movie people decide to pull out their x-men history books and start whinning on how they changed her so crappily.

do you get my point?

12. BMM Registered

Yes, but this happens with everything, and it certainly shouldn't be a surprise . . . and debating it certainly shouldn't be a problem so long as it's done in a logical manner withouth pointless bickering. Criticism of a movie or the changing of a character is fine . . . we just have to watch how we do it.

13. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

what were her powers anyways?

*pulls out x-men history book*:D :D j/k

14. BMM Registered

Originally, she didn't really display too many . . . she more seemed almost human-ish. She has heightened strength and agility . . . I'm sure they've added some or changed some along the line, as they tend to do with most characters.

15. Bishop2 Registered

Currently active powers - Uncontrollable heightened strength, agility, reflexes, and sensory perceptions, regenerative powers

Formerly, now lost - Enhanced senses and abilities, multiple tentacle-like arms with enhanced strength and coordination

16. BMM Registered

Haha . . . Yes . . . the tentacle-like arms should never be included in any incarnation of Callisto . . .

17. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

:xmen: :wolverine :xmen:

18. BMM Registered

We're all getting along fine in here . . . no one is snivelling or being retentive . . . just discussing Callisto's present and past powers with xwolverine2, and I don't think it's too far out of question to laugh a bit as well . . .

19. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

YJ1.....who is the "anal retentive fanboy".....the poster complaining about the movie....or the poster complaining about the posters complaining?

GET OVER IT.....EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION AND EXPRESS IT....AS LONG AS THEY DO IT CIVILY....NAME CALLING AND ATTACKS ARE NOT NEEDED.

20. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

The answer to your question is (A)

;)

21. Dope Nose Registered

um, no she hasn't. in fact she's never been a henchwoman. where are you getting your info from?

22. Dope Nose Registered

what's your problem? you're posting in a thread about how the movie deviates from the source material (i.e. the comics).

23. BMM Registered

No, Callisto has not exactly been a henchwoman . . . she has definitely been a past nemesis though (especially one of Storm's) . . . although she seems to work closely with the X-Men off and on at times.

24. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

My problem stems from the fact that threads like this are in existence in the first place. Rampant whining and sniveling bashing a film that's still two weeks off based primarily on the fact that it deviates from the source material is just flat out annoying. As others have blatantly pointed out here, of course it deviates from the books. So what?

25. Dope Nose Registered

sorry, must have missed something. who's forcing you to read them? who's forcing you to post in them?