Source Material Deviations

BMM said:
Angel not being a part of the original five--completely left open as a possibility after the first two movies, as Angel frequently left the team during the comics . . . the team was pre-established when the audience was first introduced to them, who is to say he wasn't one of the original five--blame X3 for that one (which is an example of it shutting out a possibility).

I'll answer to this one.

Singer nearly ****ed that up with X2. Angel was originally set to cameo as an imprisoned mutant of Stryker's along with Cyclops, whom Scott meets for the first time.

And also, Singer ****ed up with Iceman not being a part of the original five as well.

Specter313 said:
And yet, it's the ones with no brains doing all the complaining. Ironic, no?
what?

His cameo in X2 was cheap though.
yeah that was cheap.....i was talking about him being in x3

Bishop2 said:
He was 16, yeah. And as for the Rogue romance, well, Ultimate X-Men has that, although I'm not sure if they did that AFTER the movie or BEFORE...

Ultimate X-Men was released after the original X-Men, so this lies with the movie.

xwolverine2 said:
what?

yeah that was cheap.....i was talking about him being in x3

No one said it was cheap in X3, and I would hardly call his cameo cheap in X2 . . . no more so than any cameo in X3 or any movie for that matter.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Singer nearly ****ed that up with X2. Angel was originally set to cameo as an imprisoned mutant of Stryker's along with Cyclops, whom Scott meets for the first time.

I remember a rumor about there being an x-ray of Angel's wings in Stryker's base.

Dope Nose said:
I remember a rumor about there being an x-ray of Angel's wings in Stryker's base.
yeah and in the meuseum too

Dope Nose said:

There's also designs for Angel on the X2 DVD.

xwolverine2 said:
before we heard callisto was in the movie...

NOT ONE PERSON EVER said "i wish callisto was in the movie" or at least even mention her......along with stacy-x/arclight

So we shouldn't care about callisto? We should just be okay if she acts as henchwoman number 3?

No one mentioned Angel nor complained about Iceman's "cameo" in X-men either but we all know now that a lot of people do care.

And who cares about Stacy X/Arclight? See here it actually works coz compared to Callisto, these two don't register. :o

Hey, PJ! I have a vague idea about what you mean by sick but i'll pm you in a bit. :)

weatherwitch said:
What no kisses for me, Pejo?
You might have gotten a kiss if you hadn't used past mistakes as reasoning to make future ones. If that's not what you were doing, I apologize, but that was what it felt like to me. Since there was source deviation in the first films, any source deviation in future films would be justified, even if it's killing off characters who deserve development, or having a bunch of INOs running around, like Callisto, Juggernaut and 98% of Magneto's army, Trask, et cetera.

Specter313 said:
And yet, it's the ones with no brains doing all the complaining. Ironic, no?
Thanks for the insult. When do I get my world wide recognition and honor for being a high functioning and intellectual human being in spite of having no brain in my skull?

I think your vague idea is probably the right idea, wowie. I await your PM, good sir!

WorthyStevens4 said:
I'll answer to this one.

And also, Singer ****ed up with Iceman not being a part of the original five as well.

That's true, but he didn't. That's like saying they almost botched up with a Wolverine/Storm sexual relationship, but they didn't . . . in so far as Iceman not being a part of the original five, it's no different than Angel not being a part of the original five now . . . Angel wasn't even aware the school existed . . . It works both ways, but I would hardly count the almost mess-ups . . . you might as well throw all idea making and storyboarding for movies in there, as there is always tossing around plenty of ideas in determining movie plots--doesn't mean they'll make it in.

N_z0 said:
So we shouldn't care about callisto? We should just be okay if she acts as henchwoman number 3?

No one mentioned Angel nor complained about Iceman's "cameo" in X-men either but we all know now that a lot of people do care.

And who cares about Stacy X/Arclight? See here it actually works coz compared to Callisto, these two don't register. :o

Hey, PJ! I have a vague idea about what you mean by sick but i'll pm you in a bit. :)
callisto has always been henchwoman number3.......

now that shes in the movie people decide to pull out their x-men history books and start whinning on how they changed her so crappily.

do you get my point?

xwolverine2 said:

now that shes in the movie people decide to pull out their x-men history books and start whinning on how they changed her so crappily.

do you get my point?

Yes, but this happens with everything, and it certainly shouldn't be a surprise . . . and debating it certainly shouldn't be a problem so long as it's done in a logical manner withouth pointless bickering. Criticism of a movie or the changing of a character is fine . . . we just have to watch how we do it.

BMM said:
Yes, but this happens with everything, and it certainly shouldn't be a surprise . . . and debating it certainly shouldn't be a problem so long as it's done in a logical manner withouth pointless bickering. Criticism of a movie or the changing of a character is fine . . . we just have to watch how we do it.
what were her powers anyways?

*pulls out x-men history book*:D :D j/k

xwolverine2 said:

Originally, she didn't really display too many . . . she more seemed almost human-ish. She has heightened strength and agility . . . I'm sure they've added some or changed some along the line, as they tend to do with most characters.

xwolverine2 said:

Currently active powers - Uncontrollable heightened strength, agility, reflexes, and sensory perceptions, regenerative powers

Formerly, now lost - Enhanced senses and abilities, multiple tentacle-like arms with enhanced strength and coordination

Haha . . . Yes . . . the tentacle-like arms should never be included in any incarnation of Callisto . . .

YJ1 said:
I expect X3 to be great, sniveling anal retentive fanboy whining not withstanding...

If you hate the movie universe so much, stay home and read your trade paperbacks. Most of all, don't post here thinking your particular brand of sniveling makes your vision of the X-Men the proper one.

:xmen: :wolverine :xmen:

We're all getting along fine in here . . . no one is snivelling or being retentive . . . just discussing Callisto's present and past powers with xwolverine2, and I don't think it's too far out of question to laugh a bit as well . . .

YJ1.....who is the "anal retentive fanboy".....the poster complaining about the movie....or the poster complaining about the posters complaining?

GET OVER IT.....EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION AND EXPRESS IT....AS LONG AS THEY DO IT CIVILY....NAME CALLING AND ATTACKS ARE NOT NEEDED.

C. Lee said:
YJ1.....who is the "anal retentive fanboy".....(A)the poster complaining about the movie....or (B)the poster complaining about the posters complaining?

The answer to your question is (A)

;)

xwolverine2 said:

um, no she hasn't. in fact she's never been a henchwoman. where are you getting your info from?

YJ1 said:
If you hate the movie universe so much, stay home and read your trade paperbacks.

what's your problem? you're posting in a thread about how the movie deviates from the source material (i.e. the comics).

No, Callisto has not exactly been a henchwoman . . . she has definitely been a past nemesis though (especially one of Storm's) . . . although she seems to work closely with the X-Men off and on at times.

Dope Nose said:
what's your problem? you're posting in a thread about how the movie deviates from the source material (i.e. the comics).

My problem stems from the fact that threads like this are in existence in the first place. Rampant whining and sniveling bashing a film that's still two weeks off based primarily on the fact that it deviates from the source material is just flat out annoying. As others have blatantly pointed out here, of course it deviates from the books. So what?

YJ1 said:
My problem stems from the fact that threads like this are in existence in the first place.

sorry, must have missed something. who's forcing you to read them? who's forcing you to post in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"