South Park to rip on Family Guy tomorrow night (04/05/06)

Family Guy hasnt been very good lately.

Family Guy is not withstanding the test of time. It had 1 good season then it's been downhill :o

Simpsons win cartoon wars with longevity of good seasons.

Cartoon wars? Does everyone have to have the mindset of a ****ing kindergartner when it comes to liking tv shows? Only kindergartners can't grasp the notion of "enjoying both instead of one over the other"

I am a fan of both south park and family guy. I know that a lot of people dont like the newer episodes of south park, but i think some of the newer episodes of family guy arent as good as the older ones either. Anyway, this ought to make a pretty good show tomorrow and thanks for reminding me that its the new season. I missed the chef episode the first airing.

HarleenQuinzel said:
IMO, Family Guy is superior. IMO

You know I was actually taking you seriously when you said South Park has sucked for the past two years even though I disagreed. But then you went and said that ^ :o

I guess some people love unwitty "this reminds me of the time..." non-sequitur jokes more than others. :)

I would defintly go with Family Guy because I like the quick humour and gags and South Park IMO is trying too hard nowadays but I could see why the kids like it.

As far as this whole cartoon war goes, I dont understand why these legendary shows like the Simpsons and South Park feel insecure about FG. But its all good, they build the hype around it but FG kills them in like 3 seconds flat.

After all the hoopla of the Simpsons finally growing a pair and dissing family guy (which was funny, lets keep it real with the whole Peter Griffin thing)And Family Guy did comeback at the Simpsons. They did the Stewie running over Homer and Peter saying "Who the bad place is that?"

Family Guy has taken a shot at South Park before.

Peter goes into a rant about Fox, then Lois tells him "Watch what you say" and then Peter responds ""Why? What are they gonna do? Cut our budget so that we're crudely animated?" then he turns into a South Park looking version of Peter...
laugh.gif
Pwnage

But for real y'all these "toon wars" are good stuff cause the writers step up a little. I mean the Simpsons is legendary but last few years its been like Larry Holmes in the ring looking Flabby and sick (which is understandable I mean after 17 years how long can you keep something fresh and it still is probably funny) but still even they got at South Park and Family Guy good. South Park even backed down and payed them respect.......South Park! Matt and Trey are vicious and dont care about offending no one and even they got humbled

So with Family Guy and South Park 2 shows that are naturally funny its gonna be comedy if they try to go back and forth and outdo each other. It will only suck if it reaches a point of overkill and saturation and other cartoons start little smacks with each other

The Death of Chef episode of South Park was pretty good. Family Guy recent episodes have been okay, however both shows have been much better than the Simpsons have been in recent years.

The Simpsons did parody Family Guy. It was on one of the "Treehouse of Horror" episodes where Homer decided to clone himself. One of the clone was Peter Griffin.

Dr. Evil said:
The Death of Chef episode of South Park was pretty good. Family Guy recent episodes have been okay, however both shows have been much better than the Simpsons have been in recent years.

The Simpsons did parody Family Guy. It was on one of the "Treehouse of Horror" episodes where Homer decided to clone himself. One of the clone was Peter Griffin.

You see the one with the South Park rip?

Dr. Evil said:

There was another time,when they went to Italy and ran into Sideshow Bob.They were flipping through some book with pictures(of criminals,I think) and they turned to page with a picture of Peter that said "plagiarism",then they turned again and it was a picture of the American Dad that was captioned "Plagiarism of plagiarism".

Abaddon said:
and they turned to page with a picture of Peter that said "plagiarism",then they turned again and it was a picture of the American Dad that was captioned "Plagiarism of plagiarism".

:up: :up: thats freaking awesome

I dunno, I think it won't be that harsh. I mean Kyle is the supporter of Family Guy and Cartman and the parents are the ones who hate it. When was the last time Cartman came out on the right side of things?

Well, Kyle's been known to be wrong on more than one occasion aswell. Kyle and Cartman sort of represent the political extremes of the group, and Stan seems to be in the middle of the road, and the one who's portrayed as being right most of the time.

Stan is the moral standpoint of the four without him there would be no show IMO

I like the Simpsons, Family Guy, and Southpark in no particular order

I think it's funny when they make fun of one another

there's no reason to take sides on spats between animated cartoons creators/writers/etc

I like all three shows I just rarely watch any of them ;x I like futurama better than FG though, Just my opinion.

crap, I forgot to put Futurama on my list as I see it as an equal to Family Guy, but it's dead though

If you compare "secondary series," Futrurama (second series by makers of the Simpsons) completely owns American Dad (Family Guy creators).

Futurama has been revitalized by atleast 2 or 3 announced DTV movies so Im excited about those.

Haha, this is so true. Family Guy is a bunch of crappy popculture 80s references.

It seems that every other major animator hates Seth McFarlane + Family Guy. Kevin Smith, Parker and Stone, and of course Groening. What gives?

Furthermore, is it just me or is this episode ripping on Comedy Central's censorship of the Tom Cruise episode and South Park more than Family Guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"