South Park to rip on Family Guy tomorrow night (04/05/06)

I really don't see the whole tom cruise thing at all...

It seems to be more in support of Family Guy than against it. I mean, Stan and Kyle, the characters who are usualy the voices of reason, like it.

they've ripped the fact that it's just flashbacks

the terrorist guy making fun of the writing was a parody too

the episode isn't over, I'm betting there will be no doubt by the end that they were making fun of Family Guy

I suppose. Still, only one of the four main characters has shown any hate for it. Isn't completely negative.

Dude. Two parter. Rock. You know they're ripping on Comedy Central for the Tom Cruise thing. "Or will Comedy Central puss out and not allow this episode to be showed?"

now I see the tom cruise thing

I can't believe it's a two parter!

Jason Blood said:
now I see the tom cruise thing

I can't believe it's a two parter!
Knowing South Park, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't have a part 2.

Man, they parodied the "flashbacks" perfectly. Knight Rider and Captain & Tenille, that is dead on Family Guy. McFarlane's probably thinking "Damn, wish I'd thought of those."

To be fair....Cartman was the one ripping on them for reusing old jokes. CARTMAN. Kinda a weird episode to me, had it's humorous points but just felt....weird I guess.

Capt Throbberson said:

That is the first thing that entered my head.

miller man said:
Man, they parodied the "flashbacks" perfectly. Knight Rider and Captain & Tenille, that is dead on Family Guy. McFarlane's probably thinking "Damn, wish I'd thought of those."

The thing is, the parodies of the flashbacks weren't that bad. And Family Guy's had much funnyer ones before. Still, it was pretty acurate.

Matt said:

Last time they did a two parter, they just did a completely different episode instead as a joke. Hope it doesn't happen this time, since it looks pretty cool.

South Park is definitely doing a sequal to "Not Without My Anus."

The Question said:
The thing is, the parodies of the flashbacks weren't that bad. And Family Guy's had much funnyer ones before. Still, it was pretty acurate.

Last time they did a two parter, they just did a completely different episode instead as a joke. Hope it doesn't happen this time, since it looks pretty cool.

Actually, they did a two-parter in the 4th season with no trickery.
Hopefully, there will be a second part. If not, this will have felt like a waste of an episode.

The Question said:
They did? When?

Midway through the 4th season, summer of '00 I think, they did "Do The Handicapped Go To Hell?" and then a week later "Probably" about the boys trying to keep from going to hell. Also it's been referred to as a sort of sequel to the movie since Saddam returns to hell to try and get back with Satan :D
Also Cartman starts a new religion. The two episodes were hilarious.

I missed tonights episode first go around, but it will be replayed again at 11:00 p.m.

Matt said:
Furthermore, is it just me or is this episode ripping on Comedy Central's censorship of the Tom Cruise episode and South Park more than Family Guy?

Agreed :up: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Throbberson

Matt said:

Mine too. But if they make a part 2, it should be interesting.

Matt said:
Furthermore, is it just me or is this episode ripping on Comedy Central's censorship of the Tom Cruise episode and South Park more than Family Guy?
I got that from the ep too. especially at the end "will comedy central puss out?? tune in next time"

Tom is such a prick. Trying to screw with south park and making his wife have his baby while being completely silent. I hope she screams so loud that she makes Tom cry.

This South Park episode with the Family Guy joke sucked,it wasn't funny at all.This is the first time I wacthed a South Park episode in awhile,and the whole episode sucked.

No wonder why they did the Family Guy joke,there trying to get there show some ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"