South Park

TheFuture

Valar Dohaeris
Reaction score
Anyone still have an interest in the show?

I'm watching now on Amazon Prime and while I find it not as funny as before, I still love the likes of Butters, Kenny, Tweek+Craig and Cartman having a girlfriend.

I'm an anomaly in that the show seems to be about Randy now, but I'll always love seeing the above characters I mentioned and the core gang take precedence over him.

I still watch South Park and think it’s still one of the funniest shows out there

The two recent specials have been some of the best stuff Matt & Trey have done

The last couple of seasons, while still funny, I feel have suffered by turning it more into a serialized format in which the entire season has its own story arc rather than just random stand alone episodes like before. And yes, I feel that in the recent season Randy has been given a more prominent role. This is in large part to the creation of Tegridy Farms

I've liked the serialized seasons in parts, as it's help introducing the likes of PC Principal and evolve other characters like Heidi, but yeah I haven't been enthused about it in other parts.

Might be on my own but I prefer the focus on the kids rather than Randy.

Randy is my favorite character right now (Butters a close second). I was bummed that the last special didn’t have any Randy in it.

I love South Park, for its swears when I was 10 and for its satire later. It's not a flawless show. Some takes have been bad and some stuff has aged poorly, but the mission statement of offend everyone has helped it hold up pretty well overall. It also hasn't become a zombie version of itself thanks to its specific and consistent voice.

I think the show's prime was around 4-10. It was pretty rocky around 14-16, and 20 was shirte, but there's always a couple of standout episodes each year. I liked the Pandemic special a lot but thought the Vaccination follow up was pretty underwhelming.

I was compelled to by toys of these a while back. There is something endlessly entertaining to me about these crappy cut-out characters rendered in full 3D. Wouldn't mind a new game down the line either. They've been fun games full of great references.

Holy ****, 14 movies?! I know they have a bit of catching up to do since there hasn't been anything outside of the two specials released in almost two years, but 14 movies is more than a little excessive. I still enjoy South Park and it definitely has its moments but $900 million is a very steep price for a show that's been on for almost 25 years and has long surpassed its peak popularity, even if it does have a leg up on The Simpsons and Family Guy by tackling topical current events as they happen. What's wild is that Parker and Stone are in their 50's now, which means that they'll likely be doing this into their 60's.

Both in terms of money and the number of movies being ordered, that seems like significantly too much.

I had no plans on getting Paramount+ but if South Park is going there I might have to rethink that.

So I guess it will be leaving HBO Max soon and stay on Paramount+?

From the article, I think only the movies are going to Paramount+ since Warner currently owns the streaming rights to the show but once that contract is up, they could go right over to Paramount+ much like what happened with The Office and Parks and Rec going from Netflix to Peacock.

But shouldn't HBO Max at some point get Two & a half men?

Holy ****, 14 movies?! I know they have a bit of catching up to do since there hasn't been anything outside of the two specials released in almost two years, but 14 movies is more than a little excessive. I still enjoy South Park and it definitely has its moments but $900 million is a very steep price for a show that's been on for almost 25 years and has long surpassed its peak popularity, even if it does have a leg up on The Simpsons and Family Guy by tackling topical current events as they happen. What's wild is that Parker and Stone are in their 50's now, which means that they'll likely be doing this into their 60's.
14 doesn't seem excessive to me given the size of the world. There's just so many characters that could take the focus on their own in once off feature lengths. Hoping one of them is Tweek and Craig focused anyway.

Just less of Randy please. :p

14 doesn't seem excessive to me given the size of the world. There's just so many characters that could take the focus on their own in once off feature lengths. Hoping one of them is Tweek and Craig focused anyway.

Just less of Randy please. :p
14 movies could be their way of poking fun at the MCU and other interconnected film franchises by making a different character or set of characters the focus for each movie.

What an obscene deal. That is crazy. I can only assume the 14 'movies' will be similar to the Pandemic/Vaccination specials. Even 14 of those seems pretty overwhelming to be honest. That extension is way more than most successful shows run in total ha.

That's all well and fine, but are they going to get back into the flow of their regular 10 episode season? I'm guessing not yet since the films will be taking up their time.

Are the “films” basically the specials they released last year and this year? The pandemic and the vaccination specials?

They seem to have struck gold with what i read.
A 900 million Dollar deal including the 14 movies and the show which was renewed till season 30.
And the rumors of a new South Park video game are also around for some time now.

Man, i really should start with South Park again, dont even remember where i left off.
Crazy when you look back how it started and how it turned out.

Allegedly the majority of the movies is focusing not on the core group and instead lesser known characters.

Im really curious if south park can work nowadays, society has changed quite a lot and people dont shrug stereotypes etc off as easy as they did a few years ago.
If south park can surive this with their Humor...i dont know.

They seem to have struck gold with what i read.
A 900 million Dollar deal including the 14 movies and the show which was renewed till season 30.
And the rumors of a new South Park video game are also around for some time now.

Man, i really should start with South Park again, dont even remember where i left off.
Crazy when you look back how it started and how it turned out.

Allegedly the majority of the movies is focusing not on the core group and instead lesser known characters.

Im really curious if south park can work nowadays, society has changed quite a lot and people dont shrug stereotypes etc off as easy as they did a few years ago.
If south park can surive this with their Humor...i dont know.

they have i've been watching since jump and they have grown with the times yes the crude humor is there but always deliver on an over arching theme for kids to learn of course the kids forget those lessons by seasons end lol but it's very much grown with the times and i can't wait for the movie about side characters i hope i get a movie with Jimmy's crew, him craig, token and clyde the B team

Feldman should be Kenny because his character was pretty effed up in that movie. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"