South Park

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by TheFuture, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Pennywise Registered

I could see that! :funny:

Drizzle likes this.
  2. legendkillin Registered

I don't think the 14 movies will be like Bigger, Longer, and Uncut which still holds up and one of the funniest movies.

I was rewatching South Park earlier in the year but slowed up due to other shows being on. The movies will probably be like the Imaginationland stuff.

3. Erik20 Registered

Yeah, I think we'll probably get something like the pandemic special and they'll call that a movie.

4. Albright Eeh…

I didn’t watch SP since 2016 - Is it still worth catching up? The last was probably that one with Caitlin Jenner

5. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

2016 was probably the worst season of the show in recent memory, it's improved since then if you want to catch up.

henzINNIT, Teelie and Albright like this.
  6. Pennywise Registered

7. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Prison Mike and Drizzle like this.
  8. henzINNIT Registered

Late but in case you haven't seen, it looks like they're starting work on a new season in January. I wonder if the '6 days to air' rule will have to go away with Covid though.

Yup. One show, 2 streaming services. Got to be a first.

9. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I saw the article but I missed the part about the show coming back early next year even though it's in the first sentence, lol.

10. henzINNIT Registered

Ha it happens. I started telling you the show was back in March but seasons are now 6 episodes. I double-checked and can't find any evidence of that whatsoever so I think I'm just losing it.

Drizzle likes this.
  11. legendkillin Registered

The first special is out, I still haven't had time to catch all the way up to recent seasons but good thing is you can still understand the Post Covid special. Liked seeing them older and wonder how frequent the specials will be due to
    this ending in a cliffhanger, I knew they were referring to Butters with the way they pronounced Chaos as a last name.

Erik20 likes this.
  12. Detective Conan Registered

This is the most I’ve laughed at a South Park episode in a long time. It was quite refreshing to see them older, and whether it’s intentional or not but I like the touch that this actual future version of Stan isn’t all that much better than the fake one that Randy and Sharon hired to steer Stan off drugs in “My Future Self 'n' Me.”

Also…

Cartman turning out to have converted to Judaism with a Jewish wife and Jewish children is a rather fun and ironic twist on future Cartman. Very clever of the writers to go that route even if it contradicts the ending of “My Future Self ‘n’ Me” but South Park despite being more serialized is never going to be a show that you watch for continuity. It’s always going to be about the humor and satire. And this episode does it perfectly. Can’t wait for the next special.

#37 Detective Conan, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  13. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I was so stunned by Cartman being a rabbi that I didn't even notice Butters wasn't there until the Chaos joke.

14. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

15. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I'm here for Victor Chaos.

Erik20 and Drizzle like this.
  16. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Cartman growing up to be a rabbi and having a super Jewish family has got to be biggest troll move he ever pulled on Kyle :funny:

Erik20 likes this.
  17. Erik20 Registered

I wouldn't be surprised if Butters has gone full incel.

18. NotNickFury Registered

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if South Park proves society right and we actually do get a Delta+ Rewards Program variant.

19. legendkillin Registered

Just watched it, I did prefer part 1, but this part provided classic Cartman.

Probably only rank it lower since I am a Cartman fan and new future him was a hobo though it got the biggest laugh from me. The NFT stuff with Butters was fun, since I don't get the point of them.

Looking forward to the next group of specials, thinking they go back to when they were kids.

Erik20 and Drizzle like this.
  20. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I thought this was a good wrap-up to the Covid specials, at least I hope it was a wrap up since I want to see the show get back to "normal". Future Butters was hilarious. Something also tells me they wouldn't have had as easy of a time with those Space Jam 2 jokes if they had released these specials on HBO Max. :funny:

Erik20, Prison Mike and legendkillin like this.
  21. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

They made me feel actually sorry for Eric.

Butters was awesome, he literally became a next level Professor Chaos.

Erik20 likes this.
  22. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

A special program for Karens who refuse to wear a mask on airlines? :o

23. NotNickFury Registered

Just watched Part 2 yesterday. While I prefer Part 1, I did like the second installment. This show made me feel bad for Cartman at the end, which I don't think it's done since...ever. I mean, yeah, we never do find out if his family was some super long con to get at Kyle, but at the end he did have genuine fear at the thought of losing them. Plus, he did ultimately help Stan and Kyle, so for him to wind up homeless is...well, it is catharsis for everything Cartman's ever done, but it's also tragic that in this revised future, he wound up on the short end of the stick.

That said, I absolutely adored Kevin being part of Cartman's group. As far back as that Lord of the Rings episode, Kevin's always been that character who said or did something that just brought things to a halt, and I loved him pointing out that the acronym for Cartman's group was FATT.

Drizzle likes this.
  24. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Give the Karens an incentive to wear masks/get vaccinated, I can actually see it happening.:oldrazz:

25. Drizzle Penguin Silvia