Space and Astronomy Megathread (MERGED) - Part 1

Cue lots of people saying this was/is proof there is actually life on Mars even though it isn't concrete proof of that.

Cue lots of people saying this was/is proof there is actually life on Mars even though it isn't concrete proof of that.

Yeah. This means that there were important elements to life on Mars in the past but life there now is still in the unknown category, and even if it were there it likely would be quite primative. That said even finding something microbial would be huge.

Been watching a livestream of today/tonight's lunar eclipse.

Just about to occult a star!

Well, what would you have called it?

Well, what would you have called it?

Something shorter than that, like maybe use 4 numbers after SIMP.

I guess NASA or whoever ran out of Greek and Roman gods to name planets after. The planets and most of the moons in the Solar System have simpler names.

I think that's a catalog number.

Exactly. These days they probably find like a dozen new planets each month, maybe even more, not sure on the details.
I'm guessing there is some kind of system to how exactly they are named, depending on when/where/how they find them. Not every planet can have a "real" name.

I think that's a catalog number.

SIMP is the Sondage Infrarouge de Mouvement Propre Survey. It is a near infrared all-sky survey focused on cool dwarf stars and brown dwarfs.

SIMP is the Sondage Infrarouge de Mouvement Propre Survey. It is a near infrared all-sky survey focused on cool dwarf stars and brown dwarfs.

giphy.gif

[YT]Mv-9fOAPAiU[/YT]

wow looks very cool. Living on the space station is too difficult for a common man. I think it's one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. I like to watch live webcam at https://worldcams.tv/other/international-space-station from International Space Station. It gives a close look at the satellites too.

Last edited:
Father and son, 135 NASA shuttle launches apart.

KFKGexQ.png

Still waiting for a planet to be discovered in which will be named ABC123.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"