Comedy Spaceballs Sequel from Mel Brooks and Josh Gad

Honestly, this sound promising. Mel producting, Gad co-producing and starring, and written by the Detective Pikachu team.

Make this a spoof of the new post-Disney movies and we're set!

RIP Joan Rivers though, can’t replace her.

Just fo funsies, my spaceballs version of the Star Wars sequels

Rey - Phoebe Waller Bridge
Finn - Kenan Thompson
Poe - Julio Torres

Absolutely adored the original, but yeah, this is far too late. I am not someone who is against Legacy sequels or remakes either but this just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention most of the original cast are gone.

Absolutely adored the original, but yeah, this is far too late. I am not someone who is against Legacy sequels or remakes either but this just doesn't make sense.

Not to mention most of the original cast are gone.
Daphne Zuniga became one of those Hallmark Channel actors, too.

I doubt they'd give this a theatrical release. If Netflix isn't giving Beverly Hills Cop IV a theatrical release, which is a movie with much more box office potential, then I can't see Amazon/MGM entertaining the idea of releasing this in theaters.

I can actually remember a time when little Jonathan Lipnicki was being bandied around as Young Dark Helmet when the prequels were coming out lol

Listen, I’ll make casting easy. I present to you the son of Lone Star and Princess Vespa;

lewis-bill-pullman-0515-54d3401a0f0d4f35a15ff5f723d12378.jpg

I’m not against this at all. For ****’s sake, Top Gun Maverick was just a couple years ago and it was massive. That film proved to me that it’s never too late to do a legacy sequel if the material is good. And they have plenty of stuff to poke fun at: the SW prequels (because they all sucked and no amount of whining about the D+ shows will ever change that), the sequel trilogy, the shows, plus other things like newer Star Trek movies and shows, the new Apes movies, Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvel’s other cosmic stuff… bring it on.

I can actually remember a time when little Jonathan Lipnicki was being bandied around as Young Dark Helmet when the prequels were coming out lol
fb61cbdf-7adb-4a3d-b022-97c251c2d708_text.gif

I’m not against this at all. For ****’s sake, Top Gun Maverick was just a couple years ago and it was massive. That film proved to me that it’s never too late to do a legacy sequel if the material is good. And they have plenty of stuff to poke fun at: the SW prequels (because they all sucked and no amount of whining about the D+ shows will ever change that), the sequel trilogy, the shows, plus other things like newer Star Trek movies and shows, the new Apes movies, Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvel’s other cosmic stuff… bring it on.
A legacy sequel to Top Gun with Tom Cruise who's barely lost a step in nearly 40 years is not the same as a comedy legacy sequel where half of the original cast is either dead or retired. Also the ratio of good legacy sequels to bad ones leans very heavily on the bad side of it. Especially with comedy sequels if Dumb and Dumber To, Zoolander 2 and Coming 2 America are anything to go by. It also doesn't help that parody movies as a genre is pretty much dead because of Friedberg and Seltzer running it into the ground years ago with trash like Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc.

I don't know. These late sequels sound good at first but then they look like Coming 2 America, and all the charm of the originals is just not there anymore and it's depressing.
Still hoping for the return of good ZAZ spoof movies, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"