Superman Returns Spacey Hosting SNL May 20th

Just seemed likt it made some sense to make this a Retrns night, it was set up to be.

I was at least expecting some kind of subtle reference...i mean comeon, the season finale of SNL, with SR about a month away. it was perfect timing considering that the TV spots are starting to air....I watched the opening monologue, waiting for somthing. Then to my surprise, the first tv spot airs again...and i knew from there, that would be the highlight of the show

I have nothing but high hopes for the movie, and Spacey, and SNL, but they had less than a "average" espisode tonite...sorry for the rant

Showtime029 said:
I kind of feel like WB missed an opportunity for several TV spots or an attempt at a crossover skit. Oh well.

Concidering the writing quality of this show and some of the bit players, Im glad they didn't go there. I see better comedy skits in a Jr. High talent show than from this SNL cast.

The only funny thing was The Usual Suspects skit. The rest of the show was, as usual, not funny in the least bit.

I like the skit where we see Spacey in his dressing room and in comes Andy. He asks where has Andy been and why he was late, Andy responds this whole story of why he was late and as Andy leaves, Spacey looks around the room and realizes Andy's story was made up by what was in Spacey's dressing room!! LOL that had me cracking up it was hilarious. Can anyone get that skit on youtube?

Also shame there wasn't an SR tv spot, cept the first tv spot which we already saw.

I missed it,and from what i hear from you guys,i missed nothin.

Superman \S/ said:
I like the skit where we see Spacey in his dressing room and in comes Andy. He asks where has Andy been and why he was late, Andy responds this whole story of why he was late and as Andy leaves, Spacey looks around the room and realizes Andy's story was made up by what was in Spacey's dressing room!! LOL that had me cracking up it was hilarious. Can anyone get that skit on youtube?

That was the Usual Suspects parody.

SNL wasn´t funny, what else is new... Bring back The Continental while Chistopher Walken is still alive!

I didn't feel like anything was that funny either. I also think they missed a good spot to advertise. We did get one trailer at least, which is fine. I wish Spacey would've said a little more about the movie while on SNL.

Superman \S/ said:

NBC is always making You Tube remove SNL sketches from the site, so it may be hard.

Tom Hanks used the Da Vinci Code controversy for a amusing Q&A monolouge two weeks ago. So to pimp out a portion of the show for Superman Returns probably wasn't happening. The show needed a live performance of Lazy Sunday to close out the night.

Metropolis_Man said:
I didn't feel like anything was that funny either. I also think they missed a good spot to advertise. We did get one trailer at least, which is fine. I wish Spacey would've said a little more about the movie while on SNL.

Seriously, SNL needs some new f***in writers...the skits this season have been horrible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"