Spawn Reboot | Blumhouse

If the movie has a budget of only $10 million, it's odds to be successful are a lot higher

Maybe. Financially. Or maybe it just sucks and no one goes to see it because they see a movie with a practically zero budget and pass on it. And even if it does make a profit that does not mean the movie itself is good just that it was able to get enough people to see a terrible low budget movie if it is a dud.

Renner is probably going to be killed off in The Avengers and isn't coming back to the M:I or Bourne franchises, so he needs something else to latch onto.
This couldn't be more wrong. Killed off in the Avengers? LOL. No.

And the only reason he's not in the current MI is because of scheduling conflicts with Marvel. No reason to believe he couldn't reappear.

Bourne you're probably right on.

I highly doubt Spawn will be successful enough to become a long-term franchsie anyway.

I think there's enough buzz building that if it looks decent enough it'll gross over 100 mil easily.

This couldn't be more wrong. Killed off in the Avengers? LOL. No.

And the only reason he's not in the current MI is because of scheduling conflicts with Marvel. No reason to believe he couldn't reappear.

Bourne you're probably right on.

I highly doubt Spawn will be successful enough to become a long-term franchsie anyway.

You really think there’s NO chance that Hawkeye will die in the next Avengers movie?

I think there's enough buzz building that if it looks decent enough it'll gross over 100 mil easily.

I think the Spawn name alone will probably bring in some good money. Then add in actors like Foxx and Tenner and I don't see an issue with it making a profit.

Heck 60 million worldwide would be a profit with that budget.

I've heard that the Spawn animated series is really good, though I haven't watched it.

I often wonder how so many of these superhero properties are able to shine in animation but falter in live action. I mean, 20 years ago I can understand; the technology wasn't there to make some of these characters work. But that's not an excuse anymore. Sometimes I wish someone would look at these animated series and movies that people loved and just be like, "adapt that in live action."

Spawn animated is second only to Batman animated for my comic animation series. It's great. There's no way jamie foxx will be a better voice for spawn than Keith David. Up there with conroy with his spawn performance.

Live action costs money, basically. More money than the same shot in animation.

Spawn animated is second only to Batman animated for my comic animation series. It's great. There's no way jamie foxx will be a better voice for spawn than Keith David. Up there with conroy with his spawn performance.

I'll have to check it out. Keith David is awesome, but the guy has always creeped me out after since Requiem for a Dream, lol.

Live action costs money, basically. More money than the same shot in animation.

Come on, money isn't the issue. These production companies are dumping $100-$300 million on these superhero movies these days. This Spawn film is an outlier in that it's SO low budget. These days, $50 million for a superhero film is low budget.

I think the Spawn name alone will probably bring in some good money. Then add in actors like Foxx and Tenner and I don't see an issue with it making a profit.

Heck 60 million worldwide would be a profit with that budget.
Movies need to make x2 (domestic) or x3 (international) the budget to break even.

If it's $50M budget, it'll need between $100M-$150M. Probably somewhere in the middle will be the break even point.

Movies need to make x2 (domestic) or x3 (international) the budget to break even.

If it's $50M budget, it'll need between $100M-$150M. Probably somewhere in the middle will be the break even point.

The movie has a $10-12 million budget. $30 million domestic alone would be a slight profit.

LOL but wouldn’t it be embarrassing for Todd if it didn’t make its budget back?

Embarassing but honestly not unexpected.

Come on, if they market this movie well enough to the Blumhouse horror crowd people will go. It doesn't hurt to have the Spawn name attached to peak more discussion and interest. Only thing I don't know is in terms of marketing, how are they gonna deal with Spawn himself? People are gonna want to see Spawn and if they don't get something substantial they're gonna probably complain/not bother going.

We already know Spawn is mostly an after thought in this movie which focuses more on Sam & Twitch. He's just a boogeyman who doesn't even get to star in his own series. How do you market a movie about a character who is almost entirely absent from it?

We already know Spawn is mostly an after thought in this movie which focuses more on Sam & Twitch. He's just a boogeyman who doesn't even get to star in his own series. How do you market a movie about a character who is almost entirely absent from it?
The same way you market horror movies. Blumhouse is no stranger to that.

The same way you market horror movies. Blumhouse is no stranger to that.

I doubt casual horror audiences are gonna care there isn't much Spawn in the movie, if he's built up the whole time and they show the big spooky monster guy from hell at the end people will probably feel satisfied they saw a big spooky monster guy from hell at the end and were spooked.

Ever seen Hellraiser?

Yeah but this is different than Hellraiser... I mean, I know the Cenobytes are “demons to some, saviors to others” or however it goes, but at their core, they’re still villains and in horror films, you don’t expect to see the monster all that much. Even if they market this as straight-up horror, most people will still know Spawn as a superhero and will probably expect to see a lot of him. Especially with a big name like Jamie Foxx playing the character.

People who have been following the production will know that Spawn isn’t in it much, but that’s not most people. But yeah, with the budget being kept so low, maybe that won’t matter. I don’t know.

Deck Rickard already pointed it out: Hellraiser is not the main character, but the villain. The same with Jaws and all the other examples people keep trying to trot out.

It is literally the same thing as a Superman or Batman movie that doesn't even feature them in it. Wolverine without Logan being present or the X-Men without any of the X-Men.

Actually, sounds exactly like the Batman movie people think about. A Batman movie where you never get to see Batman from his pov. A Batman who stays in the shadows and all that.

Actually, sounds exactly like the Batman movie people think about. A Batman movie where you never get to see Batman from his pov. A Batman who stays in the shadows and all that.

I think something like that came out in 89.:oldrazz:

WHhgrIQ.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"