Spenser Confidential - (Mark Wahlberg, Winston Duke)

Used to love the old TV series with the late Robert Urich as Spenser and Avery Brooks as Hawk. Not so sure about this.

I mean I like Marky Mark and Winston Duke, so I'll see it, but my expectations are not high at all. Peter Berg really slipped up with Mile 22 IMO, but the guy is still really talented and while I'm not expecting the next Lone Survivor or Deepwater Horizon I'm sure this will at least be entertaining.

That surely wasn't Hawk. I know following Avery Brooks is an intimidating thought.

Spenser has gone from a Korean War vet, boxer, cop to a Vietnam vet, boxer cop on TV. MMA fighter they say now.

Really like Peter Berg and I've liked the Berg/Wahlberg team ups I've seen.

I chuckled a few times at the trailer...but if it wasn't being released on Netflix I wouldn't care to see it. I feel the same about most Netflix movies.

Trailer. Looks generic.
But if this based on the tv show, why aren’t they spelling it as Spencer?

Trailer. Looks generic.
But if this based on the tv show, why aren’t they spelling it as Spencer?
It is based on Spenser For Hire TV series with a post SWAT and Vegas Robert Ulrich and a pre Star Trek DS9 Avery Brooks as Hawk where the characters were about 15 years younger than in the Robert B. Parker Spenser novels. Not on the series Spencer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"