Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Superhero Products' started by Spider-Jay420, Sep 28, 2007.

1. HCpride

HCpride Well-Known Member

juggernaut is cool that way for a 90s version
    but this is a 70s version
    he looks more in proportion with himself

and yeah the tongue is removable

2. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

meh, not digging the spider on yours. that's why its safer. it looks like you painted on. (not a look i like in custom figs).

3. Spider-Jay420

Spider-Jay420 Welcome Back Peter Parker

Lookin at your pics again, Juggs is a cool lookin figure. But I like the ToyBiz one. What can I say, I like BIG Juggs. :cwink:

and Venom's tongue? Does it come removable or did you make it that way? If you did that, it looks fantastic that way!!

4. Spider-Jay420

Looks like I just bought a Snap Shot Spider-Man figure on eBay for $15 bucks shipped. I saw a guy that was asking $99 for it. What a deal. I hope it's not an April Fool's Day joke.

I've always wanted that figure.

5. Spider-Jay420

Not a hoax, not a scam or an April Fools Day joke. I did get Snap Shot Spider-Man and man, is he sweet!!

I'll post some pics after I open him up. I didn't realize all the suff he came with. He's got a base with a webbed up perp, a little stand to pose him and a play camera with pics of Spidey that slide into a Daily Bugle newspaper.

Even looking at him in the box, he might be the best Spidey figure. My favorite is the McFarlane/Campbell one, but this one has a Romita-style head and more articulated shoulders. This one's gonna be close.

Here's a couple pics, not taken by me. They came from here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Spider-Jay420

This is one awesome Spider-Man figure. Way more articulation than the Fearsome Foes Spidey, which is currently my favorite one. His shoulders have an extra joint, similar to the SMC Black Costume that was released with the hang glider. They swing out at the shoulder then swing out again and up, if that makes any sense. There is also an extra click joint in the abcrunch. Anyone who has ever tried to pose Spidey in a crouch position knows sometimes they just won't stay there. It won't bend down that far and pops up from the crouch. This one locks in and is ideal on the stand they provided. His hips and legs won't drop down as soon as you let him go.

The head has a definate Romita-Alex Ross look to it and they even sculpted the wrinkles and folds of the mask on the back of his neck. Definately one of the Best looking and comic accurate masks I've ever seen.

The only nitpicky thing for me is the shade of blue they used is very light, I would have liked it a bit darker. The sculpt is fantastic, though, and I'm looking at my new favorite Spider-Man figure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Roughneck

Roughneck Well-Known Member

At least he's got the sculpted webs. I hate when they paint them on.

8. Spider-Jay420

Oh yeah-

Some pics of my new Giant Man I picked up at the FX Con in Orlando. The first guy I saw that had him was asking $60, which I told myself was too much. I Scoured the place and found another guy who was asking $100. No Way! he has a bunch of ML's I wanted though, Walmart Thor at $30, Deadpool at $80, Unmasked Green Goblin at $25. I could've spend a lot of money. So I circled back to the $60 dude and offered him 40. He countered at 50 and I gave him my last 48 bucks.

Great looking figure and I can't wait to place him with my other Avengers. I also picked up a variant Wasp on eBay for 5 bucks. I want to suspend her on the left, Thor on the right GM in the middle. I'll be home in July so I'll have to wait till then to take some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Spider-Jay420

Yeah, they did a great job. Painted webs don't look as good. And the joint-pins are the right colors too.

10. Spider-Jay420

I also traded my DCUC Wonder Woman
    [​IMG]

For the JLA Wonder Woman
    [​IMG]

She's not as articulated, but a much better sculpt. Ya know, it's weird. With the Marvel figures, I want them to be super articulated and pose em all cool, but with the DC figures, I don't care that much. I'm gonna pose my JLA in formation, like the Justice League cartoon opening, all shoulder to shoulder so they are basically just standing there anyway. Once again, July.

11. Roughneck

Roughneck Well-Known Member

lol. Howard the duck is so lost

12. Spider-Jay420

he is lost in the beauty that is Wonder Woman.

But yeah, I had nowhere I wanted him.

13. Spider-Jay420

Ok so here's the mission:

I'm returning to my collection for a week in July and I'm going to update. The objective is to add to the heroes
    Giant Man
    Wasp
    Ronin

Now, here's the plan:

I replace Spider-Man with Iron Man.
    Put Spidey crouching with the New Avengers.
    Add Ronin to New Avengers.
    Suspend Thor where Iron Man was. (more or less.)
    Giant Man behind Hawkeye, Vision and Wonder Man.
    Slide the Sentry closer to Jean Grey.
    Suspend Wasp between Sentry and Giant Man

I would Also love to suspend Nova next to Adam Warlock, but I don't think I'll have him by the end of June. We'll see...

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind, I'd like to keep it simple.:cwink:

14. Spider-Jay420

I got a 2nd Wonder Woman today. I promised my LCS guy that I would buy one if he found one for me. Of course, this comes a month after I already got one, but I commited myself. So now I go 2 and don't need 2.

I'm gonna probably put it up on ebay....

I would trade it, but I don't really have a need for anything...

PM me if anyone is interested in her.

15. Spike_x1

Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

You mean that you got a second JLA series Wonder Woman, or one from another series? I've got 2 different versions of WW, Superman, and Batman, so I just put one of each with my larger DC display (my DCUC WW fits in better with the other DCUCs), and put the other ones together to form a simple Trinity display (DCD WW series Wondy goes better with DCD Batman & Superman).

16. Spider-Jay420

This. I had the DCUC WW, but I think this JLA series is a lot better looking. I already sold the DCUC on eBay, and since I now have 2 JLA WW, I'll probably do the same.

I only have one DC display, and it's pretty small compared to my Legends. My top shelf will showcase the JLA: Green Lantern from the Superman/Batman line, this JLA Wonder Woman, that suspended Superman I have, Batman from the S/B line, and DCUC Aquaman. I just need the Flash and eventually Martian Manhunter and my JLA will be complete. So with all that being said, I just don't need 2 Wonder Women.

The only figs I would be interested in for a trade, not that you asked, would be DCUC Flash or ML Nova. But my LCS has ordered a Flash for me, and I know I'll see Nova at Walmart any second now, so unless anyone here wants her, I'm gonna eBay it.

As far as you guys go, let me know anyone wants her. I'm thinking $15 shipped.

17. Spider-Jay420

I can't wait to fully assemble the Justice League:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just waiting on the Flash

18. Shaolin Kenobi

Shaolin Kenobi Well-Known Member

really cool... don't they get pretty dusty though?

19. spideyboy_1111

and? it's called you dust them....

20. Spider-Jay420

Thanks, and yeah, it's no big deal.

21. spideyboy_1111

yeah usually for mine, by the time they need dusted I'm ready to change up the display anyway

22. Spider-Jay420

Since mine basically have a roof over their head, they don't really get dusty at all. I've never got out my feather duster and went to work. Worst case, you pick 'em up and blow 'em off real quick. Again, it's not really a problem.

6 weeks until update....

23. spideyboy_1111

well... roof over them or not doesn't really keep the dust away... but... it also depends on the size of your room, and how much your in it. considering most of dust is skin. so since mine are in my bedroom, and my rooms pretty small... i prob have to dust quite a bit more then you :(

24. Ryo Jin

Ryo Jin Let's Fighting Love!

Since my house is a single room...well yeah it sucks :(

25. Spider-Jay420

Eww. Mine are in the basement, which is just a big empty room. So that accounts for lack of dust I guess.