Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

also, note to self. Apparently keeping the figures in containers for a long period of time will ruin them. the soft plastic on some figures has been known to literally melt or merge with other figures, and apparently the fumes from the plastic causes decay of the figures if locked in air tight. Apparently to propperly store them, they need some sort of air holes for the gas to escape, and every figure needs individually wrapped ...

just a heads up.

I had all my loose Legends just all on top of each other in long comic boxes for almost two years. All the good guys in one long box, the bad guys in another long box. Both of them filled. For two years. They were fine. I heard about Spider Woman's armpit webs decaying...mine is fine. No problems. I mean you would have to watch out for EXTREME heat or humidity, but in most cases, they'll be fine.

Well, I finally took the plunge and for the first time ever I opened a ton of Selects and displayed them. It took me 5 hours just to open all of them. Those twisty ties are brutal. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home from work. It does look great I must say. Who knows, maybe I'll open my Legends too some day... But for now, baby steps.

**** yeah, man. Sweet! You've just taken your first steps into a larger world. I can't wait to see your thread!

And I totally see what you mean when you said you went from the Universe figure to the Legends. The Legends are bigger and better detailed and they just look better on your shelves. Period. For me, going the other way? I mean yes, Universe figures give you CURRENT figures like Modern Luke Cage, but smaller and less detailed? I don't see the appeal. Oh, and opening figures is tough to stop. Good luck with that one.

I had all my loose Legends just all on top of each other in long comic boxes for almost two years. All the good guys in one long box, the bad guys in another long box. Both of them filled. For two years. They were fine. I heard about Spider Woman's armpit webs decaying...mine is fine. No problems. I mean you would have to watch out for EXTREME heat or humidity, but in most cases, they'll be fine.

**** yeah, man. Sweet! You've just taken your first steps into a larger world. I can't wait to see your thread!

And I totally see what you mean when you said you went from the Universe figure to the Legends. The Legends are bigger and better detailed and they just look better on your shelves. Period. For me, going the other way? I mean yes, Universe figures give you CURRENT figures like Modern Luke Cage, but smaller and less detailed? I don't see the appeal. Oh, and opening figures is tough to stop. Good luck with that one.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy cuz I collect 3 scales.. I was intimidated by the Legends at first because there were so many and they seemed expensive, but a little under a year later I have over a hundred. I'm completely addicted as this point. I think I like the MU's because they remind me of the figures I collected as a kid... G.I. Joes, Star Wars etc.. And I am impressed by the detail and articulation they manage to put into a small package... Obviously once I started buying Legends I realized they were the best.. Now all the Selects I have that I thought were impressive before are now kinda just meh... I Especially love the Toybiz stuff. I don't know if I'll ever open those just cuz I LOVE the old clamshell packaging with the comic. Same with the MU comic 2 packs. They just look awesome hanging on the wall. But never say never. My goal is to get every Marvel Legend Toy Biz put out. I think I'm about halfway there. I'm going to get most of the Hasbro too, but Toybiz is definitely taking priority.

Cool. Looking good, Rob.

I like how your grouped the Avengers together on the top shelf. I think they look better together instead of just random figures on a shelf, but you're off to a good start.

Alright so, since I brought it up, I figure I might as well follow thru with a video. So here it is. I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/D0ZV1rjofMs

Edit: OK, it should work now. Damn technology.

Last edited:
I can't believe a whole week went by and nobody said nothing about my video.:csad: did it not work, or was it THAT bad? I thought it was alright. I mean, sure, it wasn't award winning or anything, but nothing? Really? :csad: oh, well. Guess, that's the last video update and I'll just stick to pics from now. I thought it would be really cool, and set off a chain reaction, and all you guys would do a video too. And it would be awesome! And we'd have a bunch of cool videos of cool action figure collections up here on the Hype and it would be sweet! Maybe not. Maybe that's lame, I don't know. I thought it was cool. Maybe I shouldn't have burned a fatty before filming. Who knows?

I went too deep, didn't I? Showed you too much of my world. Too far down the rabbit hole. Sorry about that. My bad. I should've just focused on the figures. I totally skipped the Justice League too. Damn. Sorry guys, won't happen again. :csad:

lol, i haven't watched it yet, can't watch it at work, and haven't had much time at home. That being said, I just prefer peoples pictures over videos. I refuse as is to watch people give toy reviews on youtube. they always bother me lol. but i'll check out your vid soon buddy

Lol! Yeah, I did ramble on for 15 minutes, so that kinda sucks for you, but I tried to make it entertaining.

Yeah, the pics just work better. They look beter throught the thread and you can just skim thru em. I guess that's the way to go. Bummer.

Whoa bro, 15 mins? That's quite a commitment....(I'll totally watch it at some point though!)

Like spideyboy, I don't usually watch vid reviews of figures - I'd much rather read an article with pics.

Yeah, I kinda just fired it up and let loose. One take. No editing. That's how I roll.

nice space man. my bf currently isnt loving my room, lol. but i let him have free range over the living room/kitchen/dining room if i get to decorate the office (within reason) wating to get some shelves from ikea to have around the room for my figs so i can move them over here.

and nice voice!

Thanks buddy, glad you liked it. Your BF isn't loving your room? I guess its time to dump him then. Oh well. Hopefully your next one can appreciate your figures. Too bad. :cwink:

I can't believe a whole week went by and nobody said nothing about my video.:csad: did it not work, or was it THAT bad? I thought it was alright. I mean, sure, it wasn't award winning or anything, but nothing? Really? :csad: oh, well. Guess, that's the last video update and I'll just stick to pics from now. I thought it would be really cool, and set off a chain reaction, and all you guys would do a video too. And it would be awesome! And we'd have a bunch of cool videos of cool action figure collections up here on the Hype and it would be sweet! Maybe not. Maybe that's lame, I don't know. I thought it was cool. Maybe I shouldn't have burned a fatty before filming. Who knows?

I went too deep, didn't I? Showed you too much of my world. Too far down the rabbit hole. Sorry about that. My bad. I should've just focused on the figures. I totally skipped the Justice League too. Damn. Sorry guys, won't happen again. :csad:

Great video. Sorry, I couldn't get the video to work before, and it's been a few days since I've been able to check in here. I'm a big Blind Melon fan also. One of the most underrated bands of all-time. Oh, and don't be too discouraged to do one again sometime. I can look at other peoples collections all day..

Thanks Rob! Yeah, I don't think I had it working properly before. All this tech is beyond me sometimes. Doing everything from my phone is tricky sometimes too. If I do another video, I'll be quick and get right to it. Promise. Lol. And I didn't really review anything, more like explain why who's where. But I had fun doing it, so that's cool.

You like Blind Melon too? That's awesome! You're like, the coolest guy ever, bro! Sweet! Greatestband ever. Totally underrated. What are your 3 favorite songs? Mine are I Wonder, Change, and Sleepyhouse.

:awesome:

Whoa bro, 15 mins? That's quite a commitment....(I'll totally watch it at some point though!)

Like spideyboy, I don't usually watch vid reviews of figures - I'd much rather read an article with pics.

Oh stop it, Slim. You're SO busy you can't take 15 mins to watch a clip online? I kinda doubt that, buddy. :cwink: and really, I don't really review anything. Just kinda explain why they're set up the way they are. But you wanna know the truth? The truth is...my Marvel Legends Collection is ****ing awesome!! And its one of the best ML collections around! And it deserves to be videoed and uploaded onto the Internet for the world to see and enjoy and you owe it to yourself and to me to see it! Now go smoke a joint and watch my video and come back here and tell me how awesome it was! Thank you. :cwink: That goes for all of you, by the way.

Thanks buddy, glad you liked it. Your BF isn't loving your room? I guess its time to dump him then. Oh well. Hopefully your next one can appreciate your figures. Too bad. :cwink:

Lol well we only have a 2bedroom apartment. So i dont really fault him for that.

I don't get figure reviews though.. I mean what more than a pic do people need? Its an action figure i always felt it was kinda self-explanatory

True, but sometimes its cool to see it in a video. I mean, I don't watch reviews either, because who needs to? I get it. A pictures worth a thousand words right? But, I don't know, if something has an action feature or transforming a transformer, I could see that. That's kinda cool.

Or if someone has a collection like yours, Spideyboy, that can't all be seen in one picture. I bet your figures would look awesome in a video. You'd probably do a great job with it.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just missing Collection Intervention on SyFy and I just want to see everybody's action figure set ups. (And judge them) :cwink:

Thanks Rob! Yeah, I don't think I had it working properly before. All this tech is beyond me sometimes. Doing everything from my phone is tricky sometimes too. If I do another video, I'll be quick and get right to it. Promise. Lol. And I didn't really review anything, more like explain why who's where. But I had fun doing it, so that's cool.

You like Blind Melon too? That's awesome! You're like, the coolest guy ever, bro! Sweet! Greatestband ever. Totally underrated. What are your 3 favorite songs? Mine are I Wonder, Change, and Sleepyhouse.

:awesome:

My three favorites.... It's very tough to choose three, cuz it all depends on what kind of mood I'm in at the moment, but right now I'd go with:
Mouthful of Cavities
Change
Life Ain't so ******

Oh yeah, love Mouthful of Cavities! And Drive, Holyman, New Life...so many great songs. You have the Twenty stories Below tribute CD that cames out a few years ago? Bunch of unknown bands doing Melon songs. Its really cool.

Hey! Are you still not opening any of your Legends? I see you've been bu$y lately. Do have have them pinned up on the wall or you keep 'em in boxes? Just wondering.

Oh yeah, love Mouthful of Cavities! And Drive, Holyman, New Life...so many great songs. You have the Twenty stories Below tribute CD that cames out a few years ago? Bunch of unknown bands doing Melon songs. Its really cool.

Hey! Are you still not opening any of your Legends? I see you've been bu$y lately. Do have have them pinned up on the wall or you keep 'em in boxes? Just wondering.

All the Legends are still MOC.. I've been putting them on book shelves... Just officially ran out of shelf-space though, so I guess I'll be pinning them to the walls. Here's how they are now... I've got 8 more traversing the US postal service as we speak.
IMAG0618_zps28c0d8f2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0621_zps52c20f7a.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0622_zps17db578d.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0623_zps7e449039.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0626_zpse258f1da.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0628_zpsc8fa0fb3.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0627_zps0ecf5269.jpg
[/IMG]

ya bro, at you're rate... you're going to run out of room for legends VERY quickly. If you plan on keeping them, collecting them all, and still plan on living in your house, you're gonna have to eventually open them. Not to mention, if you don't plan on selling them anyway, there's really no point of keeping them MOC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"