Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

Well, my wife and I are moving again. Just down the street this time, but that means its time the saddest day of any action figure collector...time to box it all up and put it away. :csad:

Hopefully I can have it back up in a week or two. I'm only going down the street so it shouldn't be too bad. I wanna redo it anyway.

This was a great setup though. Lot of cool updates. The Wrecker. Rocket Racoon. Iron Monger. Falcon. Blob. Thanos. And on and on. Thanks for being there with me, guys. Its all that much more fun when you have people to share it with. I'll leave it with a parting shot,

and be on the look out for Spider-Jay420's Marvel Legends Collection version 5.0 in the next few weeks. Thank you.

Hope the move goes well then buddy. You're right, collecting's much more fun when there's others around to appreciate it!

Well, I guess it was more than a couple weeks, but who's counting? MOved to the new place and got it all set up. Added some new figures. Good times. Ladies and gentlemen...may I present for your viewing pleasure...Spider-Jay420's Marvel Legends Collection 5.0 !!

First off, I like the new Emma figure. The new female sculpt they've been using is great. If anything, I think she might be a tad big. Like, a hair out of scale. I have her knee bent and leaning forward, and she's still just as tall as the Astonishing Cyke. That's kind of a bummer, but still a great figure.

Snagged the Wrecker a little while ago. Awesome figure.

I also ditched my lame red and blue armor Jumpsuit Face Off Red Skull because I got a sweet deal on the ML5 WWII Red Skull. I think he would've looked better in a Nazi uniform, and his articulation sucks balls, but way better than the newer Face Off figure.

I've also kinda shuffled my figures a little bit. I wanted to push Spidey's villians over and have the Avengers villians more centered and mirroring what I did with the Heroes display above. I think I pulled it off pretty well.

My bottom shelf holds all my Yodas...

...and I tweaked my Spder-Men a bit. I tried to keep it the same (as with everything else) but just reposed a few and suspended a couple, just because it's too boring to NOT pose them.

So enjoy for now, and for those 2 of you who prefer your pictures to move and talk, or you just miss my voice, I'll post a new video in a bit. Enjoy guys!

[YT]IlUPGvNWdAE[/YT]

Last edited:
The toy God's have smiled upon me, as I enter the elusive Black Widow into my display. It was a long search and too many American dollars were given up for her...but she looks great and I'm so happy to have her!

:awesome:

Also, I took the idea from slim summers and I too have Emma Frost wearing her cape. Popping her head off was easy and it really helped me out with keeping her upright. For those of you that have the Wolverine Legends figures...do you think they're big? Like just a hair out of scale? Or is it me?

RML ever since the return have been a hair bigger in scale (look at the wrecking crew, spider-man, wolverine, hope summers etc...) they're basically on the same scale as the original few waves of legends... it's more like 6.5 inch than 6inch. Hell.. the female molds around the time of the first emma frost were more like 5.5 inch

Yep, you can get around it a bit on your display though by getting the Wolverine Legends Cyclops to go with Emma --- as he's noticeably bigger than the Astonishing version you've got on your shelf. He's one of my favourite legends, even though his body is basically just that repainted buck that Archangel has. He still looks great though and his articulation is excellent.

I also ditched my lame red and blue armor Jumpsuit Face Off Red Skull because I got a sweet deal on the ML5 WWII Red Skull. I think he would've looked better in a Nazi uniform, and his articulation sucks balls, but way better than the newer Face Off figure.

I don't know what it is about him but I still love that ML5 Red Skull and was never tempted to replace him. He barely moves of course, but does he really need to be able to do flying kick poses while in uniform?

Also, loving that crouching/shooting pose for Black Costume Spidey, Jay!

Thanks Slim.

Yeah, that Skull is awesome. There's no reason to replace him because he's the best Skull they've done. We'll see what happens when they release the Cap Legends line with him and Zemo. I want Zemo but I'll have to compare the Red Skulls and see which one I like better.

I did buy the Wolverine Legends Wolverine from my LCS today and they do have a Cyke left so maybe next week. Again, we'll see.

So I finally opened the WL Wolverine that I've been contemplating for the last week or so. I'm still torn...he's a great Wolverine, probably the best Wolverine figure to date. Articulation, sculpt and paint are amazing! You can't call yourself a Wolverine fan and NOT have this figure. That's how great he is. His claws are individually sculpted and they look awesome. They appear to be removable, but I was pulling on them and I couldn't get them out so maybe not. 2 drawbacks for me are the fact that he does not have any logos on him. No X on his belt buckle which kinda sucks. Again, for my taste, he's just too big. I wish he was closer in size to the Astonishing figure that came out a few years ago. It probably doesn't bother anyone else, but I like him a little smaller, like the runt he's supposed to be. Oh well.

And Cyke is incredible too. Best Cyclops ever! And he looks great with the new Emma I got too.

[YT]F1sDduCC6IQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YT]

Last edited:
emma and scott look great, but im still going to go with Astonishing Wolverine as my favorite. Perfect size, perfect paint, and beyond perfect sculpt

I know, dude. That Astonishing Wolverine is so cool. It's funny, like I said, I was back and forth all week. As soon as I opened him up and put him up there I thought, "Damn, Astonishing looks better." Oh well.

emma and scott look great, but im still going to go with Astonishing Wolverine as my favorite. Perfect size, perfect paint, and beyond perfect sculpt

I know, dude. That Astonishing Wolverine is so cool. It's funny, like I said, I was back and forth all week. As soon as I opened him up and put him up there I thought, "Damn, Astonishing looks better." Oh well.

You're both talking about Wolverine Legends Wolvie right? I love the sculpt (and don't own the X-Force version with same sculpt) and the paint app is great on mine, but the size is a tiny bit of a niggle for me - I wouldn't say it's perfect. Wolverine's height is such an obvious part of the character so it's a little annoying for me when they don't put him in scale - there's 3 other figs in this wave and IMO he should be about a head shorter than Cyke. The missing 'X' on his belt is also a little mystifying - they're both minor niggles though, and I can always pose him crouched (and paint on the X) if I want.

No. We're talking about the Astonishing Wolverine that came out a few years ago. The Apocalypse wave maybe? That one has the perfect height. Actually, your niggles about the new WL Wolvie? Astonishing Wolvie has none of those issues. Perfect height, better paint and an X logo.

The new Wolverine Legends Wolverine is great. But Astonishing is better.

Last edited:
Oh good, that makes more sense! Yep totally agree about the Toybiz Astonishing Wolverine, the size is perfect and he's a great fig all round. I actually only own the unmasked version and his head sculpt is just fantastic, one of the best I can think of from that line. The closest to a gripe that I have with him is that the claws seem a bit too long - longer than his forearms so god knows how he's supposed to 'sheath' them!

On the topic of claws, I don't know if you've tried again but Wolverine Legends Wolvie's claws do come out, I've removed and replaced them with no real problem. I watched this tutorial first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn9pkDiTCNw

The only thing to be wary of that I found was that I didn't note which claw went in which hole first. They're identical of course, but for whatever reason when I put them all back in they're a bit more splayed on one hand, and two of them lean too close on the other. It's not that noticeable but if your ones look perfect at the moment I wouldn't necessarily remove them in case they don't go back exactly the same.

Yeah, I saw that too. I have no reason to remove them. Cool feature though.

One last time for 2013...

2013 has been a great year for me as far as figures are concerned. I upgraded my X-Men display with the release of the Wolverine Legends line. Also pulled my Legendary Riders Logan out of storage, which let to me cannibalizing my Weapon X Wolverine and finding a good deal on the variant LR Logan and coming up with the Hugh Jackman Wolverine...

2013 was also the year of Marvel legends Classic Villains. I went back and found some great bad guys that really fill holes in my Villains display...

which was a real disappointment. What a crappy figure. The problem is the robe. No posing ability whatsoever. Total bummer.

And not really Legends related, but the last 2 months brought me some figures I've been waiting for since Marvel legends debuted in 2001....STAR WARS LEGENDS!!!!

I've been a fan since I was 6 years old and my parents took me to see Empire Strikes Back at the theatre in 83. Ever since then Star Wars figure have always been 3.75 inch and I never thought I'd see the day where I have 6 inch, fully articulated Star Wars figures. All I really need is a Yoda and Darth Vader and I can die happy. So again, 2013 was awesome for figures and let's hope 2014 is even better!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!!

Happy New Year Jay! I like your new pose for Wolverine Legends Wolvie! Aside from picking up the WLs I also backfilled some missing Legends this year, the ones I'm most glad about were Ares BAF, unmasked Face Off Cap and Silver Centurion Iron Man.

Liking the look of those Star Wars Black series, ordered Han and Leia cheap to see how much I like them. Only really want Vader, Boba, ROTJ Luke and Old Ben otherwise though.

HNY to you too, Slim. Nice pick ups. Face Off Cap is my favorite Cap ever. And Ares is great too. If he was still around in the comics I'd be after him too but he's a little expensive for me now.

Yeah, the Star Black series is awesome. Can't wait for Yoda and Vader. Good stuff, man. Can't wait to see what 2014 brings. Cheers buddy.

So, I've been pretty busy these last few weeks. I bought the Infinite Legends Black Cat...

Which is probably the best female action figure I've ever seen.

Superior Spider-Man

Which is also incredibly awesome

And even the Amazing Spider-Man himself...

Top center. I also brought Snap Shot Spider-Man from my main display in for the photo op.

And Crossbones from the SDCC2013 ThunderBolts Box Set, Baron Zemo and Red Skull From the Cap Legends line. All amazing figures. I even kept the ML5 Skull's hat and put it on new Skull. Totally pimp.

Starting the new year off right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"