Spider-man 3.1 finally?!

eledoremassis02

Sidekick
Reaction score
Found this on Bluray.com
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B071CZGVV1/ref=mw_dp_mpd?er=1

● August 11, 2017 "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Theatrical release commemoration!
● Sam Raimi Director x Tobey · Maguire Star Original "Spiderman ™" 4 copies special set complete with bonus footage full of 3 copies.
- With an outer case of stylish design.
- In addition to the benefits already recorded in products released so far, plenty of contents will be recorded for the first time in the Japanese version of the product.
Let's prepare for the new work "Spider-Man: Homecoming" with the bonus footage of three main works and a total of about 15 hours (including "Spiderman TM 3.1")!
- Spider-Man creator and marvel honorary president review the history of Spider-Man and comment on the new work! "Stan Lee's Spider-Man" is included.
Recorded "Spiderman TM 3.1" re-edited under Sam Raimi supervision!

Is there an English link for this? That Amazon one is all in Chinese writing.

Is there an English link for this? That Amazon one is all in Chinese writing.

No. The only available information about a possible release of "Spider-Man 3.1" is from Amazon Japan's page for that particular Japanese Spider-Man trilogy set.

But here's an English translation (made using Google Translate), with the parts mentioning "Spider-Man 3.1" highlighted in red by me:

● August 11, 2017 "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Theatrical release commemoration!
● Sam Raimi Director x Tobey · Maguire Star Original "Spiderman ™" 4 copies special set complete with bonus footage full of 3 copies.
- With an outer case of stylish design.
- In addition to the benefits already recorded in products released so far, plenty of contents will be recorded for the first time in the Japanese version of the product.
Let's prepare for the new work "Spider-Man: Homecoming" with the bonus footage of three main works and a total of about 15 hours (including "Spiderman TM 3.1")!
- Spider-Man creator and marvel honorary president review the history of Spider-Man and comment on the new work! "Stan Lee's Spider-Man" is included.
Recorded "Spiderman TM 3.1" re-edited under Sam Raimi supervision!

■ Disc 1: "Spider-Man TM" main part (about 121 minutes)

Century hero, born here.

<Story>
Peter who lost parents after childhood is an ordinary high school third grader suffering from college admission and classmate Mary Jane in love.
However, one day, as a result of being accidentally bitten by a special spider who has rearranged genes, it acquires superhuman abilities.
In order to protect the loved ones, the battle of Peter Spider - Man who carried the fate to become a hero starts now!

<Cast>
Peter · Parker / Spider-Man: Tobey Maguire (Inogino)
Norman Osbourne / Green Goblin: Willem Dafoe (Kazuhiro Yamane)
Mary Jane Watson: Kirsten Dunst (Hiroe Oka)
Harry Osbourne: James Franco (Mr. Masataka Tetsuo)

<Picture benefits> (Total about 168 minutes)
Speech commentary by Tobey · Maguire and J · K · Simmons Voice commentary by staff and cast Speech commentary by designer and staff Spider-Man ™: Myths of the 21st century Making and documentary "Spider · Mania" special
NG scene collection supervisor profile: Sam Raimi musician profile: Behind the scenes of Danny Elfman photography (7 species)
Screen / Test Collection (4 types)
Music · Video collection (2 kinds)
Collection of gags and reels (6 species)
Original announcement editing (2 types)

© 2002 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Spider-Man Character ® & © 2012 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

&#9632; Disc 2: "Spider-Man TM 2" main part (theatrical release version main part: about 127 minutes / extended version main part: about 136 minutes)

The strongest enemy, and the fight against fate.

<Story>
Two years have passed since a fierce death fight with Green Goblin.
Peter who became a college student was fighting for justice while being chased by part-time job and class, and was busy days.
Peter who accepts fate despite suffering suffering from friendship with love or best friend Harry with being Mr. Spider-Man.
A new enemy "Dok Ok" stood in front of him.

<Cast>
Mary Jane (MJ): Kirsten Dunst (Hiroyuki Oka)
Dr. Octavius &#8203;&#8203;/ Dok Oku: Alfred Molina (Milky Way)
Harry Osbourne: James Franco (Mr. Masataka Tetsuo)

<Image Benefit> (Total about 133 minutes or more)
&#9733; Adhesive Spider-Man &#8482;
&#9733; Willem Defoe / gag in the set &#9733; Alfred Molina / gag in the green screen Inside Spiderman &#8482; 2.1
Producer's Achievement Spiderman &#8482; villains music / video: "Ordinary" by sound commentary by train cast and production staff (theatrical release version)
Speech commentary by producer and screenwriter (Extended version)
Audio commentary by technical staff (theatrical release version)
Spider-Man 2 &#8482; soundtrack / angle 1
Spider-Man 2 &#8482; soundtrack / angle 2
Hero crisis Women who loved Peter
Production process of NG scene visual visual effects Original preliminary announcement editing (3 types)

© 2004 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Spider-Man Character ® & © 2012 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

&#9632; Disc 3: "Spider-Man TM 3" main part (about 139 minutes)

When you notice <evil> that exists in yourself ... Can you keep fighting against evil?

<Story>
Peter who became Black Spider-Man can get drunk with the new power of that black suit and can not control his anger - what happened to him?
Revenge on the culprit who killed his uncle he was longing for.
A battle with Harry, my best friend who believes spa eider man to be his father's enemy.
The madness of my heart with my sweetheart Mary Jane who pledged the future.
A subtle romantic relationship with Gwen that appears there.
A chain of sad fate leads him to the ultimate battle.
A new threat Venom attacks Spider-Man!
The fight involves New Goblin, Sandman, increasing fierce · · ·.

<Cast>
Mary Jane: Kirsten Dunst (Hiroyuki Oka)
Harry Osbourne / New Goblin: James Franco (Mr. Masataka Tetsuo)
Flint · Marco / Sandman: Thomas · Haden · Church (Keisuke Ishida)
Eddie Block / Venom: Tofer Grace (Tomoyuki Morikawa)

<Picture benefits> (total of about 126 minutes)
Audio explanation by Sam Raimi director and cast speech commentary staff
NG scene collection Making and documentary collection (9 kinds)
Music Video: "Signal Fire" by Snow Patrol Original Preliminary Compilation Edit (4 Types)

© 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. MARVEL, and all Marvel characters including the Spider-Man, Sandman and Venom Characters TM & © 2012 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

&#9632; Disc 4: bonus disk (about 486 minutes)
(Including "Spider-Man &#8482; 3.1" about 137 minutes)

&#9733; Spiderman &#8482; 3.1
&#9733; Stan Lee talks Spider-Man &#8482;
&#9733; Set of Spiderman &#8482; 3 &#9733; Webisodes (without Japanese subtitles)
Web · Clip collection Dokuoku to the whole world of the web ~ shooting landscape ~
Spider sense (6 types)
Making and Documentary Collection (14 species)

Considering that Sony is a Japanese company (and the first-ever release of the extended cut of the Sony movie "Evil Dead" (2013) was in Japan), it could be that "Spider-Man 3.1" is indeed being released, but Japan is getting it before other countries. Or the new American digibook Spider-Man trilogy set (whose features are yet to be determined) could also include "Spider-Man 3.1".

Last edited:
Oh my God, please be true.

:wow: Oh, man. 10 years later and is it finally happening?

Considering that Sony is a Japanese company (and the first-ever release of the extended cut of the Sony movie "Evil Dead" (2013) was in Japan), it could be that "Spider-Man 3.1" is indeed being released, but Japan is getting it before other countries. Or the new American digibook Spider-Man trilogy set (whose features are yet to be determined) could also include "Spider-Man 3.1".

The NA trilogy set is 4-discs. So I'm hopeful about it.

"Sam Raimi supervision"? I didn't think Sam would want to touch Spider-Man 3 ever again. This is exciting if true though!

Last edited:
No f##king way! I'm trying to temper expectations, but that would be INCREDIBLE.

"Sam Raimi supervision"? I didn't think Sam would want to touch Spider-Man 3 ever again. This is exciting if true though!

Hey, if offered the chance to go back and re-do a really divisive piece of work into a potentially better one, I know I'd go back and re-do stuff.

Until I see further confirmation, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt. Why would it take 10 years for this to happen?

Until I see further confirmation, I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt. Why would it take 10 years for this to happen?

Maybe it had been done years ago but sat on the shelf? Sam didn't authorize 2.1 according to my memory. It was something that the studio cobbled together.

I so hope this is true. Is this also 4k bluray or just regular 4k? I am hoping all 5 Spider-Man movies would be coming out on 4k now.

Hey, if offered the chance to go back and re-do a really divisive piece of work into a potentially better one, I know I'd go back and re-do stuff.

While I am not sure if he would want to go back either but at the same time considering he was/is a big Spider-Man fan maybe he would want to work on Spider-Man again even if not a new movie. Side note but does ever one remember when there where rumors about Rami coming back to work on Spider-Man with Sony after amazing Spider-Man 2 dissapointend and there where a lot of rumors about what they where going to do next before it went back to Marvel?

Spider-Man Homecoming.

I feel like Sony's game was to distance themselves as far from the Raimi movies as possible when making the TASM movies, which I guess makes sense, but since those movies aren't fondly looked upon by most and the original movies are, I can see them giving more attention to those movies again with new releases around another Spider-Man reboot.

Yes, if Sam had it his way he would wipe the entire thing away and start from scratch - unfortunately he can't, but to be able to go back and re-edit the film will be the best he can do.

It's the 10 year anniversary of the film.

It's been heavily demanded from fans for a long time.

It helps promote Homecoming.

I would too, and to be fair, Sam did describe going to see another director's Spider-Man film as "seeing someone else with your ex" so maybe he jumped at the chance to work on something Spidey related again.

But that running time is 2 minutes SHORTER than the current version.
So if he, for example, added back in 10 minutes and took out 12 that would make sense, BUT it's a very touchy business taking out things that some fans have grown to like.
A ton of alternate editions movies have had bits taken out as well as added in and invariably some fans, despite liking the new footage bitterly complain about the parts removed.

Even the ponderous theatrical Star Trek TMP when released in a director's cut had people complaining they miss some of the things that were cut -- supposedly because they slowed the movie down.
I can see a lot of controversy if that run-time is accurate.

For me, cut a lot of that crap out! LOL

Let them complain.

I don't know how much I believe this is actually happening, but Raimi's vision is his vision and I would almost guarantee that if he did come back to recut the film it would be with strict provision that he could do what he wanted. If that makes the film 2 min. shorter, so be it.

I wouldn't be at all worried if a hypothetical SM 3.1 running shorter than the original. You would hope the new cut would be its own animal, and not just a couple of scenes wedged in. Who am I kidding? I'd take anything.

This is a dumbfounding development. It's so oddly specific that it doesn't appear to be a mistake, but obscure enough that I can't see it being a hoax. With that new boxset release and two milestone anniversaries to cash in on, it does strike me as possible... I just can't imagine this actually happening though. I made a petition and everything. Not happening.

I think we all know what 2 minutes most people would like to see cut out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"