• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Man 3 DVD sales are 'disappointing'

Yes, to me it is in the same territory. Everyone has different opinions. Here's my perspective. I'm a Batman fan and to me, CHEESE IS CHEESE. Is it worse for cheese to show up in a Batman film? Yes, but Spidey 3 is LOADED with crappy, cheesy dialogue, really convenient and cheesy plot devices, and just flat-out cheesy characters. It's the equivalent of Batman Forever in my opinion. The good news is that they have a new writer coming for Spidey 4 so it should be a lot better.

Are you kidding me? SM3's cheesiness wasn't nearly as bad as that which was portrayed in Batman forever. None of the villains in SM3 had any lines as crappy as the stuff Two Face and Riddler spouted out, or costumes that looked half as bad. New York wasn't littered with Neon, and he didn't have nipples on the outside of his suit. SM3 had cheesy parts to be sure, but to say it was as cheesy as BF is going too far.

Here are the latest sales(including Thanksgiving):

9 (6) Transformers 610,266 145.5% 9,012,472 $14,030,015 $207,196,731 6
10 (5) Spider-Man 3 583,464 90.3% 4,308,393 $9,445,815 $74,070,523 4

Also here are the boxset sales:

25 (23) Spider-Man - The Motion Picture Trilogy (Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3) 456,669 828.5% 803,931 $11,868,827 $20,894,167 4

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php

I really don't care anymore. I like the movie, many of you don't. I could defend aspects I think are exagerrated or overly scrutinized, but it will be pointless. People want to beat their dead horse because they think it is satisfying and want group agreement in the joy.

Seabiscuit is dead. No, this movie isn't like Batman Forever and while there was too much crying for example, that certainly never hurt Bergman nor does it make Venom/Sandman as campy as Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were.

Ugh, I'm just getting bored with this whole thing, now.

Spider-man 3 was forgettable.

We all envisioned what Spider-man 3 should be like, what VENOM should be like, and sadly we weren't given anything shy of that.

It's just and anti-climactic ending to a promising trilogy. Spider-man revolutionized superhero movies, it's just sad to see that it isn't improving on what it has already established.

Instead it's headed the way superhero movies usually go.

I bought the trilogy on Blu-Ray. For $20 or so more, why not?

What are talking about? What about the now infamous bridge scene were MJ dumps Pete and he bursts into tears? It's the same bit where the whole cinema starts laughing...

Marco cried at the end also.

Are you telling me that if his "love of his life" and "girl he's loved since he was 6" etc. etc. breaks up with him, he shouldn't cry? Come on....that'd make any guy with a heart cry.:o

The crying in the movie was not over done, it was there when needed.

No-one appreciates more than I do how stupid this argument over crying is.

However Blader was suggesting that certain characters didn't cry in certain scenes when they clearly did, there's no way you could construe that they didn't, which was part of the bigger, 'cheese' argument.

That's all.

On another note, I am genuinely surprised that transformers is outselling SM3 by double. It certainly wasn't that great a film.

I bought the trilogy on Blu-Ray. For $20 or so more, why not?

Wow, where did you get that deal?

However Blader was suggesting that certain characters didn't cry in certain scenes when they clearly did, there's no way you could construe that they didn't,

:whatever:

I don't know what movie you saw, but the only time anybody actually wept was Harry's death and maybe at the police station (if you can count that). Being upset =/= crying.

Wow, where did you get that deal?

:whatever:

I don't know what movie you saw, but the only time anybody actually wept was Harry's death and maybe at the police station (if you can count that). Being upset =/= crying.

I know being upset doesn't equal crying. I'm saying that at the bridge scene peter DOES cry, however you define crying.

Can anyone who liked the movie and/or saw it recently help me out here, this argument is becoming/is ridiculous. There's no point in me or Blader going back and forth on this.

On another note, I am genuinely surprised that transformers is outselling SM3 by double. It certainly wasn't that great a film.

It certainly wasn't. I think neither are worthy of owning, at least not to me. I'm looking forward to other movies on home video like Zodiac on HD DVD with special features this time around (I have the bare bones DVD...what a rip), 3:10 To Yuma, Bourne Ultimatum on HD DVD, etc.

I know being upset doesn't equal crying. I'm saying that at the bridge scene peter DOES cry, however you define crying.

If crying = tears, then he isn't crying. Like I said, his voice breaks up, but that's really it. Although I will give you that MJ cries during that scene. =P

I don't think the scene is on YouTube, so if you have the DVD, rewatch that scene.

It certainly wasn't. I think neither are worthy of owning, at least not to me. I'm looking forward to other movies on home video like Zodiac on HD DVD with special features this time around (I have the bare bones DVD...what a rip), 3:10 To Yuma, Bourne Ultimatum on HD DVD, etc.

Wait for the Director's Cut coming out next year. Though I couldn't imagine Zodiac being any longer... ;)

If crying = tears, then he isn't crying. Like I said, his voice breaks up, but that's really it. Although I will give you that MJ cries during that scene. =P

I don't think the scene is on YouTube, so if you have the DVD, rewatch that scene.

Wait for the Director's Cut coming out next year. Though I couldn't imagine Zodiac being any longer... ;)

That is the Director's Cut. I think it comes out January 8th on DVD and HD DVD. Should be awesome. I'm mostly looking forward to the special features because the DVD from earlier this year was as bare bones as you'll find. Paramount even had the nerve to put a preview on there bragging about the 2-disc, director's cut coming in 2008. Talk about a big "screw you" to Zodiac fans who bought that version. :csad:

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-Two-Di..._bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196701374&sr=8-6

Definitely looking forward to it. I'll probably use a gift card or Christmas money from family members to get it at Best Buy. :)

Are you telling me that if his "love of his life" and "girl he's loved since he was 6" etc. etc. breaks up with him, he shouldn't cry? Come on....that'd make any guy with a heart cry.:o

The crying in the movie was not over done, it was there when needed.

I have a heart of freaking Midus' gold and I wasn't crying, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadlyDrawnKano
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"