SPIDER-MAN 3=Marvel's BATMAN & ROBIN?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by TMC1982, Jun 29, 2012.

1. VenomShock

VenomShock Well-Known Member

I know I'm in a huge minority, but I ****ing love Spider-Man 3. I actually think it's up there among the greats. While it is still very flawed, it still has absolutely beautiful moments that were all Raimi. On top of that I thought it made several improvements here and there, namely with Eddie Brock (not Venom).

I feel that some of the flaws (such as the butler) would've been excused in a more loved movie. But oh well.

It's still up there for me with the other two. I think it's one of the best of the genre as a FILM and I'm not gonna apologize for that.

2. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

At least you know you're in the minority, lol :oldrazz:

3. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

:up: Interesting way of putting it.

4. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I'd say SM3 is more even with Batman Forever. For me it didn't reach the failure of B&R.

5. Viper81

Viper81 Agent of Mac Sauce

I came in here to say this. The first half of spiderman 3 is actually pretty good. It had the potential to top spiderman 2 at one point, especially with the friendship plot of peter, Harry, and MJ. But it was like halfway through, it fumbled the ball and never recovered.

6. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

No need to apologize.I don't think the minority is really that huge.I agree,that 3 was great.It has it's flaws.(Very few films don't) But it's still solid.I personally like it better than 2.(Although,Molina has the edge for villain as Ock.)

7. Anno_Domini

There is a MAJOR minority that actually loved Spider-Man 3. To think it's as loved as the greats like Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, X2 is silly.

8. Human Torch

No one said it was as loved as TDK,X2 or SM 2,but to compare it to B&R,that's silly.

9. Anno_Domini

A film in a comic book franchise that killed the certain series. I can see the comparison. And if you were to say there would've been a fourth Spidey film in Raimi's series, I can bring up the fact that Schumacher was slated to return as director for Batman Triumphant. Still, Spider-Man 3 killed Raimi's series as much as Batman & Robin killed Burton's/Schumacher's series.

10. Human Torch

That's not entirely the case.SM 3 made money,and they did have Raimi working on a 4th until he decided to drop out.In B&R's case it was considered a bomb both critically and financially.Any work Schumacher was going to do on a 5th film died a swift death.

11. Anno_Domini

And THAT'S not the case either. Raimi had to work on a script that Sony shoe-horned with the villains and Raimi finally decided to walk off. Spider-Man 4, either way you look at it, would've ended in a swift death just as how Triumphant ended. The only difference between the two is how much one made in the box office. Both were awful and both killed their series. Perhaps Batman Forever killed the series as well, but it was still followed by another installment.

12. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

SM3 is by far my least favorite of the Spidey movies. It's one of the biggest letdowns in my movie-going lifetime mostly because it didn't fit the mold and I had high expectations. Between SM1 and SM2 there is a progression of 'getting better' as you go from one to the next and I expected to see the same with SM3...that it would also continue to improve upon the series or at least the movie that came before it. I would have settled for the movie being just as good as SM1 seeing as how being better than SM2 is a pretty tall order, imo.

SM3 is quite awful. It has its moments but otherwise it's not a good movie. The OP makes some interesting points about SM3 being similar to B&R and I can agree with what is listed, however in terms of quality, SM3 is a better product than B&R.