Spider-Man 3 vs X-Men The Last Stand vs Blade Trinity (which is worse)

Why So Serious

Civilian
Reaction score
Which of these disappointing 3rd installments is the worst.
Spider-Man 3
oYSdXmELM9UdVsrZ8

X-Men The Last Stand
2VHkZyzUhx5kqhAPA

or Blade Trinity
qEsj8aQ33Mdw6ERn6

Personally
Spider-Man 3 > X-Men The Last Stand >>>>>>> Blade Trinity but I'd like to see what you think.

X-Men: The Last Stand is the worst of those three if you consider their respective franchises.

Spider-man 2 is one of the most over-rated superhero movies there is and Spider-man 3 gets an unnecessarily bad rap as a result.

Blade Trinity is more of a comic book movie than Blade 2, which despite being a cracking film, i think steered expectations and non-marvel readers' opinions are in part responsible for criticisms of the third film.

That leaves X-Men The Last Stand, which, though i enjoyed it, like the rest of Fox's X-Men films, is messy, and wastes characters by throwing them in for the sake of using the name without fleshing them out, and lowered the bar for future X-Men movies which continued to disrespect the original text.

Spider-man 3 had the most glaring problems. It turned Gwen Stacy into a disposable side plot and made Venom, an iconic villain, into a soulless parody. Last Stand and Trinity had their share of faults too, but nothing quite so egregious.

That being said, I like all three of these. SM2 and Blade 2 were both very difficult acts to follow, so their respective sequels had uphill battles in trying to satisfy fans.

Spider-Man 3 and the Last Stand are good movies, so bzzzhht to calling them bad.

I have never watched any of the Blade movies so I probably shouldn't vote against Trinity, but I will anyway cause it suffered some of the messiest production.

Well Blade: Trinity is worst as a film and also compared to its predecessors, TLS worst in terms of adapting the comics (although that could be because I don't have much for comic book Blade though I liked the first two films). But I think as films both TLS and Spider-Man 3 are OK.

Spider-man 3 had the most glaring problems. It turned Gwen Stacy into a disposable side plot

She kind of would have to be, if she would be included at all, what with Maguire Peter being so close to Mary Jane.

Spider-Man 3 and the Last Stand are good movies, so bzzzhht to calling them bad.

I have never watched any of the Blade movies so I probably shouldn't vote against Trinity, but I will anyway cause it suffered some of the messiest production.
X3 is better than all Blade films!

Not a fan of those New Line Blade films.

If you're more into action films than comic books they're good films in their own right, and from that perspective Blade 2 would be the best of the trilogy, but from the perspective of someone wanting nods to the wider cast of the Blade comics then you're only really going to get that from Blade Trinity. The main problem with that film though is they diluted Hannibal King to keep Blade the big hero.

The Last Stand is trash beyond those two other movies.

There was no character development, there was no motivation behind any of the choices the characters made, it was all very contrived, and more importantly they took one of the most iconic stories in all of comic books and watered it all the way down from a 10 to a 2.5 at best.

Just a CGI filled waste.

Yeah I’ve never seen Blade Trinity but X3 is easily worse than SM3. SM3 still has brief moments of that Raimi charm.

Last edited:
The Last Stand is trash beyond those two other movies.

There was no character development, there was no motivation behind any of the choices the characters made, it was all very contrived, and more importantly they took one of the most iconic stories in all of comic books and watered it all the way down from a 10 to a 2.5 at best.

Just a CGI filled waste.

What got me was all the effort they went to putting in established characters from the comics then completely failing to do them justice.

Spiderman 3 hurt me the most because it was the one I was most attached to emotionally.
IMO Blade has only one truly great film and its Blade 1.
IDK what X3 was lol

She kind of would have to be, if she would be included at all, what with Maguire Peter being so close to Mary Jane.

Gwen Stacy is too important in Spidey's history (as is Eddie Brock) to be shoehorned in to the story so haphazardly. Mary Jane also regressed as a character in SM3 due to that sloppy love triangle. In retrospect, Raimi's trilogy should have had Gwen where she belonged, in the first film as part of the Goblin's attack on Peter, then the Peter-MJ relationship could have been the focus of the two sequels. What we actually got was the product of too many cooks in the kitchen.

X-Men: The Last Stand is the worst of those three if you consider their respective franchises.

Spider-man 2 is one of the most over-rated superhero movies there is and Spider-man 3 gets an unnecessarily bad rap as a result.

Blade Trinity is more of a comic book movie than Blade 2, which despite being a cracking film, i think steered expectations and non-marvel readers' opinions are in part responsible for criticisms of the third film.

That leaves X-Men The Last Stand, which, though i enjoyed it, like the rest of Fox's X-Men films, is messy, and wastes characters by throwing them in for the sake of using the name without fleshing them out, and lowered the bar for future X-Men movies which continued to disrespect the original text.

Wow ! That's one of the most insightful and rational comments I've read in ages. :applaud:applaud:applaud

My take is a little different.

Blade Trinity: personally I find the Blade films take themselves so seriously to the point of being a bit ridiculous - especially Wesley Snipe's one dimensional performance, which is sad because prior to Blade I really rated him as an actor. My other gripe with the Blade films is that ( until he fights the big bad at the end) Blade never really seems to be seriously challenged at all - and while Snipes martial arts talents are impressive, there's only so much post kill posing I can handle.

Blade Trinity is actually my favourite film of the trilogy, mostly because Ryan Reynolds Deadpool ( let's face it,he's auditioning for Deadpool in that film) patter takes the edge of Snipes utter seriousness and because Jessica Biel is just so badass in that movie and looks great while being badass. Not deep reasons to like a film,but they worked for me.

Spider Man 3: I too find Spider Man 2 to be massively overrated, but I understand why people like it so much.

Spider Man 3 has a lot of crap in it, from Thomas Haden Church's one note performance as Sandman, Kirsten Dunst's awful singing to the terrible miscasting of Topher Grace, and of course the nightclub dance scene.....just dreadful. To me the worst thing about it is the very last scene because it dilutes all the excitement and tension of the previous scenes and the emotion of the funeral - really they needed a Peter swinging off into the sunset scene.,

However it has a bunch of redeeming features including

1)The Harry vs Peter plot was really well done loved the fight scenes, especially at Harry's apartment ( when Harry says ".....strawberries." you just want Pete to kick his ass). Also, it has a very satisfying resolution which makes sense in the wider context of the trilogy.

2) The Venom creature, looks like it crawled straight out of the comics and that they included the bell tower scene, and the way it was eventually destroyed - nice nods to the source material.

3) Evil Disco Peter Parker. I found his strut down 5th Avenue montage just hilarious, I was nearly on the floor. After that he went too far with the emo look but up to that point he was great.

Overall, I found it disappointing but not an awful film at all

X-Men Last Stand:

Okay, the biggest sin here is the complete mishandling of the Dark Phoenix storyline, which is IMO the greatest Xmen story ever, if not one of the great comic book stories ever. I can't believe that someone else actually managed to do a worse job with a bigger budget and better cgi tech.

I liked Xavier's death scene, a real Obi Wan moment. A lot of characters were shoehorned into the film or simply erased ( like Cyclops, ugh)- although Ellen Page manages to be cool as Kitty despite only having limited screen time and the issues with Ratner ( very bad indeed) but that's because she's an amazing actress.

McKellen and Stewart were brilliant as always, a real legendary pairing.

All in all I enjoyed it in the cinema and have rewatched it a few times.

So which of the three is the worst ?

That's a really hard question. Compared to the other films in their franchises I liked Trinity the best, but it's a worse movie than Last Stand.

I'll go with Spider Man 3, as it's the least likely of the three films that I'd watch given the choice.

Blade Trinity, easily. While flawed, the other 2 movies have their moments. Blade Trinity has nothing good.

I'
Which of these disappointing 3rd installments is the worst.
Spider-Man 3
oYSdXmELM9UdVsrZ8

X-Men The Last Stand
2VHkZyzUhx5kqhAPA

or Blade Trinity
qEsj8aQ33Mdw6ERn6

Personally
Spider-Man 3 > X-Men The Last Stand >>>>>>> Blade Trinity but I'd like to see what you think.
I'd have to go with Spiderman 3

Tough call for me. I've never sat through and watched Blade trinity to the end. I've always seen bits and pieces of it on cable. Even then I change the channel after a little bit , so I've never sat and watched it start to finish.

So I can't really put Blade trinity as the worse since I haven't seen it the whole way through.

I'd say X3 is worse for me than Spiderman 3 , just simply for the boredom factor.

Spiderman 3, while not very good , isn't dull. If anything , its pretty wacky and off the wall between musical numbers, variety of characters and subplots, dancing, and some campy acting.

My audience was laughing during the break up at the bridge scene among several others which weren't meant to be funny.

I remember people laughing during the infamous street strut scene but then , they didn't laugh at all when he started dancing in the night club. Then I remember the audience gasping and shocked when he smacked MJ.

At that moment, I sort of thought in the back of my head," Yeah , the franchise is over now. They've basically wrecked the foundation of this version of the series and now its over".

It was an entertaining film going experience to be sure even if the film was sub par.

X3 was always just dull to me and lacking in energy. So X3 takes the win for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"