Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Interesting.

How does an all-female spinoff work, though? If this was live-action, I'd almost say that could be a replacement for Silver and Black.

I hope the sequel is more constrained to just Miles and really great get as far as a spinoff. Wonder if it's all the Spider girls or just the known female characters in Spidey's world.

I'll be disappointed if the SV sequel doesn't focus on Gwen. Even other/newer characters will do. They introduce the concept of a Spider-Verse but don't explore it further? That would be an epic fail.

Last edited:
I see we already have a thread for this, I guess that's why my posts in the Into the Spider-Verse thread have been deleted.

I'm just going to repeat what I said there: lol, classic Sony. Already announcing a sequel and a spin-off before the movie is even released. And honestly I don't see the need for an all-female spin-off... I'd rather they just put May Parker and/or Silk and/or Ultimate Jessica Drew in the sequel.

It is classic Sony. It already feels like they are shoving the SV down our throats and the first film isn't even out yet. How about keeping it in your pants until the audience tells you how they feel about the first film. I'm very optimistic, but this lets people know they'll milk this property to death.

There's only one route for the sequel to go, in my opinion...

0af5f951b7f21e8220ac2b3b38f8ca08.jpg

Miguel is an absolute must for the sequel. He's probably the most popular alternate Spider-Man after Peter, Miles and Gwen.

It is classic Sony. It already feels like they are shoving the SV down our throats and the first film isn't even out yet. How about keeping it in your pants until the audience tells you how they feel about the first film. I'm very optimistic, but this lets people know they'll milk this property to death.

The pipeline for an animated film is a tad longer than for a live action film, even with heavy CGI.

The pipeline for an animated film is a tad longer than for a live action film, even with heavy CGI.

It's true, I'm just wary about diluting the "specialness" of what Spider-Verse appears to be. This quality will not be easy to maintain and I feel Lord & Miller's influence was obviously a major factor in these accolades.

It would be cool though if they came up with a whole different fresh and inspired look for the spin-offs as well.

It would be cool though if they came up with a whole different fresh and inspired look for the spin-offs as well.

They already started. Spider-ham, Noir, and Peni Parker are all clearly animated differently. And there is apparently differences between Miles, Peter, and Gwen, though less obvious.

Sony Finally Untangles Its Spider Web

First, though, one of Pascal’s favorites, Gwen Stacy, will lead the way. The producer revealed that Sony’s upcoming Into the Spider-Verse sequel, directed by Joaquim Dos Santos (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Voltron) and written by David Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984, Zombieland 2), will be focused on Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy—and will explore a romance between the two, a thread from Lord’s original script that ultimately didn’t fit in Into the Spider-Verse.

Sony Finally Untangles Its Spider Web

First, though, one of Pascal’s favorites, Gwen Stacy, will lead the way. The producer revealed that Sony’s upcoming Into the Spider-Verse sequel, directed by Joaquim Dos Santos (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Voltron) and written by David Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984, Zombieland 2), will be focused on Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy—and will explore a romance between the two, a thread from Lord’s original script that ultimately didn’t fit in Into the Spider-Verse.
woah, so Spider Gwen must've not made it back home OR Miles's Gwen Stacy isn't as old as Peter.

woah, so Spider Gwen must've not made it back home OR Miles's Gwen Stacy isn't as old as Peter.

Well, based on the Post Credits scene
Miguel has designed a way to travel between dimensions on demand. This will likely be the catalyst for the sequel's storyline, and explains how Miles and Gwen are reunited

I mean, they hint of Gwen coming back or Miles going to Gwen's universe in the last seconds, as those are the colors of Gwen's universe

Yeah it definitely warrants a sequel.

i wonder when Sony will announce the Release Dates for the Sequel and the Spider Gwen Spin Off

Probably once they have a better idea of the pipeline set down.

Gonna guess they didn’t get Oscar Isaac for a one-off gag.

Well, Gwen is clearly the same age as Miles in this one, or close to it, since she was in the same school, so bring on a Spider-love sequel! Honestly, more Spider-Gwen and Miles is something I will NOT complain about. Also, if they want to do a RENEW YOUR VOWS movie where Peter has reconciled with Mary Jane, they've had a child, and the child has powers, then just TRY and keep me out of there.

Although, Spider-Man 2099...that NEEDS to happen. Like...IMMEDIATELY.

So am I the only one who wants...

Mayday Parker in the sequel? I think it be a great way to show Peter and MJ got back together and had a kid.

Prediction based on nothing: Spider-Man ‘67 is the villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"