Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

So am I the only one who wants...

Mayday Parker in the sequel? I think it be a great way to show Peter and MJ got back together and had a kid.

no i want the same and i think that would be some great & funny scenes

While I'm looking forward to seeing the relationship between Miles and Gwen grow, and wouldn't mind a romance being flirted with, I hope that in the end they make a decision not to pursue it; not only would it be a stronger narrative choice, but also pretty consistent with the theme that being a Spider-Man/Woman forces you to deny some of the things you love for the greater good.

To reiterate what others have said, I also would greatly welcome Miguel. In fact, Miles, Gwen and Miguel should be the trio, and leave it at that. I wouldn't even want Peter B. Parker to come back, or any other version of Peter, except maybe as a cameo. It's time to focus on the newer characters, at least with this continuity.

that's why i hope we get the Female Spin Off First and getting a Love Triangle with Silk in the sequel

I wouldn't even want Peter B. Parker to come back, or any other version of Peter, except maybe as a cameo. It's time to focus on the newer characters, at least with this continuity.

I want PBP back. AT LEAST as a cameo. Maybe just show him giving Miles and Gwen a little, "We'd like to welcome to the world (our world, anyways), May "Mayday" Parker!"
I would freakin' cry and scream. I just want a taste of a Peter Parker from some world getting a happy ending. Also...Spider-Girl.

I want PBP back. AT LEAST as a cameo. Maybe just show him giving Miles and Gwen a little, "We'd like to welcome to the world (our world, anyways), May "Mayday" Parker!"
I would freakin' cry and scream. I just want a taste of a Peter Parker from some world getting a happy ending. Also...Spider-Girl.

i m confident that all SpiderMans will show Up in the Sequel again , i mean everyone of them become a fan favorite

While I'm looking forward to seeing the relationship between Miles and Gwen grow, and wouldn't mind a romance being flirted with, I hope that in the end they make a decision not to pursue it; not only would it be a stronger narrative choice, but also pretty consistent with the theme that being a Spider-Man/Woman forces you to deny some of the things you love for the greater good.

To reiterate what others have said, I also would greatly welcome Miguel. In fact, Miles, Gwen and Miguel should be the trio, and leave it at that. I wouldn't even want Peter B. Parker to come back, or any other version of Peter, except maybe as a cameo. It's time to focus on the newer characters, at least with this continuity.
Agreed. I don't want them to even think about a romance till maybe the 3rd movie. (If were lucky enough to get to a 3rd). And even then just flirt with the idea. They don't have to be full on couple.

I really want a more Miles focused movie, but the 2099 tease means were probably going to get another student mentor type movie between Miles and Miguel. Or at-least a buddy movie.

I'm torn between wanting to see a more grounded movie and seeing super fantastical reality hopping and time travel elements.

Characters like Spider Ham and 2099 will most likely never appear in the Holland movies so the Miles films are the perfect place to show case them and other zany off the wall things that would not work in live action.

I also hope they can get Garfield and/or Maguire to appear. Even if it's a brief cameo.

Oh and if they introduce time travel, they might even get to go back in time and spend some moment with blonde Chris Pine Parker.

It’s great that there is movement on the sequel already.

It’s great that there is movement on the sequel already.
Yep. My fave movie of the last year by a mile. I'm hoping we get a few more...so long as the quality stays up there. Either way, I will have this film sitting on my shelf as a perfect little piece of Spidey bliss...and that's priceless.

I'd hope for more than a cameo. I get that Miles is supposed to be the main character but the movie is still called Spider-Verse. It'd be great to see Peter get his life back on track and of course I totally want to see Mayday.

There's only one route for the sequel to go, in my opinion...

0af5f951b7f21e8220ac2b3b38f8ca08.jpg
Yes!
This for the win. Spidey 2099 all day long!!
Si!
Miguel is an absolute must for the sequel. He's probably the most popular alternate Spider-Man after Peter, Miles and Gwen.
He was Marvels answer to Batman Beyond of his time (just never got a cartoon) this would make up for it. .
To reiterate what others have said, I also would greatly welcome Miguel.
The set up is there...
With that tease at the end... I really hope they bring in Miguel. That got me so excited!
Took me buy surprise, then became all I could think about after the film.
Although, Spider-Man 2099...that NEEDS to happen. Like...IMMEDIATELY.
Agree.

Vanityfair
vanityfair[/URL said:
Will Oscar Isaac’s Miguel be back for more adventures? There’s no guarantee, but never say never. “It felt like a continuation of what we had done already or an expansion of it,” director Persichetti said, “and I think it’s just like unlimited potential.
"A continuation of what we started", "unlimited potential", seems like everything about his cameo was about anticipating for sequel potential.

Last edited:
I don't think the inclusion of Miguel was an afterthought or just to do the post cred joke. With the mystery of the glitching Spider 42 not even touched on in the film I think it's a lock that Miguel and Miles will meet.

I think they're going to make a big effort to get the three live-action Spider-Men together for the sequel.

Been enjoying Krondon as Tobias Whale on Black Lighting, which got me thinking about his small role as Tombstone in Spiderverse.

I think it would be great to have Tombstone be the lead antagonist in a Spiderverse sequel. I still remember how good Tombstone was in the Spectacular Spiderman show too. Give that character more screen time.

Stop pointing at me, that's rude.
Everything points to more Miguel ... :yay:

19svlSz.jpg

So the post credit scene?

Miguel O’Hara and holographic A.I. partner Lyla,

KPgO62n.jpg

Was that just a fun one-off nod, to the Shattered Dimensions game, which was somewhat the catalyst for the whole into the spider-verse team-up, then featured : Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099.
So they just wanted to include him as a nod at the end?
And for a great one-time gag! ( can't afford more from Isaac?)

Or was this a legit prep for potential sequels? With Fisk's machine destroyed, setting Miguel and Lyla with a way to dimension jump, and put together the team again. (and more!)?

2v50vf.gif

Really would love to see more of them...
19svlSz.jpg

58duOLx.jpg
I can’t believe I missed that that was one of my favourite actors as Spider-Man 2099 :eek:. I hope he comes back as a mjor character in the sequel or one of the spin-offs. His cameo was awesome and he sounded like a great Spider-Man :up:
I also hope the set-up was to have him Lyla (and the 2099 tec. be the vehicle for ongoing /spider-verse/dimension hops. And Óscar is on board for the sequels.
Looks like many missed who was behind that role; although some figure customizers are on top of it....

TRhx6Od.jpg

(easy head-swap)

HXF5Jxh.jpg

Lyla : Don't get too excited, Miguel. It's just a prototype.
Miguel : Not excited.
Lyla : But you could be the first person to make an autonomous multiverse jump. ...Or the last.
Miguel : Okay, so we're just... gonna roll the dice on this?

2v50vf.gif

He's likely the vehicle by which they will be able to assemble Miles' next multiverse team-up.

Last edited:
And more importantly, let the creative team handle the creative business. You hear that Sony? Keep your corporate, Arad, craptastic little film ruining fingers out of the creative stew.

I'm not quite sure it's the best superhero movie but imo, Spider-verse is easily the best Spider-Man film.

If Sony can keep away...that's the trick, isn't it? Can they maintain another surprise like Olivia Octavius this time around? It's just dumb luck that Sony didn't ruin that. They LOVE showing EVERY character from the movie and every plot point in their previews.

So do you guys prefer adding two or three new Spider-people or rotating the cast? I'd like Noir back, but I wouldn't mind if Peni/Porker get rotated out. I think having anymore than Six spider-people might be too much. I'm not even opposed to having Mayday take over for Peter. In fact I think it be a great continuation of his story that he went back, made up with MJ and got over his fear of children. Also what villains do you think we'll see? I'm wondering if Morlun is what makes the most sense as a threat that brings everyone together.

So do you guys prefer adding two or three new Spider-people or rotating the cast? I'd like Noir back, but I wouldn't mind if Peni/Porker get rotated out. I think having anymore than Six spider-people might be too much. I'm not even opposed to having Mayday take over for Peter. In fact I think it be a great continuation of his story that he went back, made up with MJ and got over his fear of children. Also what villains do you think we'll see? I'm wondering if Morlun is what makes the most sense as a threat that brings everyone together.

I would love to see Morlun get some non-comic book love.

It would be wholly original if it does center on a new Spider-Man for the sequel. You can still have Miles and the rest show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"