Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Blitzkrieg, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Detective Conan Registered

2. Sithborg Registered

No way home who?

Yeah, this looks wonderful. I love what they seem to be doing with the animation.

Pennywise, Jermobooka and #root like this.
  3. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

So this teases Spider-Man: India to be the first new spider-person addition, right?

Sithborg and Jermobooka like this.
  4. Jermobooka Resident Spider-Man and Batman Fanatic

Finally seeing Miguel being his badass self in a movie is going to be so surreal. I LOVE his design, his exaggerated claws and arm spikes, and just how damn built the guy looks.

Seriously, holy ****, Miguel bulked the hell up after that ITSV post credits scene.

Iceman likes this.
  5. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

6. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

I don’t think this is indicative of erasure as much as the animators were probably limited by the animation software and technology at the time to get the exact hairstyle for Miles they wanted in the first film, so they had to compromise. Not to mention, they literally built the animation program used for Into the Spider-Verse from scratch.

Now that it’s three years later, and animation tech and techniques have advanced a bit, they’re able to experiment a bit more and do what they wanted in the first place.

Miles is supposed to be half African American, half Latino, after all. Him having the curls in his hair reflects that.*

*(I don’t consider myself an expert in this area or am trying to race-splain. I’m just going off of the little that I know.)

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

A teen that is into changing his hair? From NYC? Who is (checks notes) really into hip hop?

Impossible.

Now, would you all like a four thousand word essay about how organic webbing is superior to the unreality of web shooters?

Jermobooka likes this.
  8. Jermobooka Resident Spider-Man and Batman Fanatic

My #1 hope for this movie is for Toei Spidey to show up and be apart of the main team. It’d be both awesome and hilarious to see this scene recreated in animation:

Leopardon showing up for a badass kaiju brawl would just be icing on the cake.

Spider-Aziz and Iceman like this.
  9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

After the first film anything like this doesn’t even seem a stretch, and I certainly wouldn’t object. :cwink:

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good to know. So they should be well ahead of the game managing to put out such a great product while also building for its future (which shows confidence in what they were creating).

11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Tweet from someone in production answering a fan about Japanese Spidey said he's designed and in the sequel in some capacity.

Iceman likes this.
  12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

It has felt to me when you pick apart the first film that this started at Sony as originally a Miles TV show for like Nickelodeon or some such and they started to see greater potential and it ballooned into the first film but all the planning for the series, extended arcs what have you, was already mapped out so they have a good idea where this all goes right from the first movie.

I don't KNOW that for sure but that's the vibe I got.

13. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

Mr. Stone (I'm not calling him by the surname of the step-father who hates him) is very aggressive in this trailer, I feel bad for poor Miles.

The change of art style is interesting and pleasant to look at, even if that ends up being unfinished sample, I really like how it looks.

14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sounds like a possible scenario. Whatever they’re doing is working very well in any case and if something like this has helped them get a head start after changing direction but being able to use some of the material already conceived, then all the better.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

:up:

16. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

17. jignat Registered

18. Sithborg Registered

Sucks, but if it means they aren't killing their artists, I'm fine with it.

19. spiderman2 Registered

darn it just heard the news also be a while before we get a second trailer and even worse that also means part 2 has basically been delayed because part 2 was supposed to be next year. Guess not much to look foward to for spiderman and its 60 year anniversity this year now. Man i hate the 2020 just the decade of delays. Only good I guess is part 1 comes out day before my birthday that is if it dont get delayed again.

20. spiderman2 Registered

Darn it this was also going to be the 10th spiderman movie in the same year has 60 year comic book anniversity year now gone.

21. Frodo Registered

I guess I can see them pushing it to the 2023 spot.
    On Sony's part, I can see an added benefit for them to push it back to next year.

So far, they've had their live action Spiderman films come out every other year with HC in 2017, FFH in 2019, and NWH in 2021.

So, it kinda seems fitting that they'd release another Spiderman film, albeit a sequel to an animated one, in 2023 to keep up the two year Spiderman film cycle .

Given that it's unlikely we'll get another Live action Spiderman film before than, I can see them deciding to push this one back to next year to have a new Spiderman film in theaters next year.

I'm not saying that's the the only reason they pushed it back, but just pointing out how Sony itself may see an added benefit of having a Spiderman film in theaters two years after NWH, given that, there won't be a new Spiderman film ready for 2023.

22. DCnightwing23 Registered

Question: What are the chances Madame Web is connected to Across the Spider-Verse? The more I think of it, the more I could see Sweeney as the live-action Spider-Gwen. Given Madame Webs abilities and the whole spider-verse fun going on, it would make sense for Sony to want to tie this movie to a movie that's as popular and successful as the Spider-Verse films. Hmm.

23. Ninjablade This is Heavy

Shame it's delayed so long, and not a fan of the summer release date, but I'd prefer they take their time. Better for the film overall and better for the workers.

Frodo and Snow Queen like this.
  24. spiderman2 Registered

25. Scarlet Spider Registered

Beyond The Spider-Verse

(Part 3)

:spidey:

Slick likes this.