Sequels Spider-Man Begins

Tangled Web

Avenger
Reaction score
I don't know where this should go. With the unsettling news of SM3, I hope one day we'll get the Batman treatment and get a more faithful version of our beloved Spidey.

cap100a9kx.gif

No.

Never? Not ever? So people's memories of movie Spider-Man will forever be organic shooters, power ranger costumes, ugly MJ, little venom, raider symbiote suit?

Tangled Web said:
Never? Not ever? So people's memories of movie Spider-Man will forever be organic shooters, power ranger costumes, ugly MJ, little venom, raider symbiote suit?
We'll get a REAL Spider-man one day. Mediocrity be damned.

batman didnt get begins untill 16 years after batman 89. that means it would be like 2018 before we would get that, and there would be a ver horrible film in between now and then.

Well......I'm sure there will be a relaunch..............eventually.

My guess?

20 or 25 years from now.

i hope not.

the world doesnt need anymore lame superhero movies.

Some day we'll get the real spidey on screen, I hope.

Batman got a cool restart, I think Spider-Man deserves one someday.

It's been a box office and critical darling,so no.

Tangled Web said:
Except you're ignoring the fundamental differences in the Spider-Man film series the original Batman film series.

Firstly, the original Batman series didn't start with an origin - let alone one that was basically ripped directly from the comics like SM1's was (seriously, go look at AF #15. Minus the Spidey the Celebrity business, it's near identical to the first 20 minutes or so of SM1).

Secondly, there has yet to be a Spider-Man movie that has been a critical or financial failure like B&R was. The Spider-Man series, thusfar, has been nothing short of spectacular with near-universal critical support, unbelieve box offices, and very positive reactions by the general public.

Thirdly, while I might agree the Spider-Man movies have yet to capture the essence of Spider-Man as well as BB did for Batman, I will argue to the death that, storywise, BB is any more faithful than either Spider-Man 1 or 2. There was plenty of changes made to Batman's origin, the villains, the events, etc. that took place in BB.

Personally, I think your whole need for this restart is little more than a case of the grass always being greener. You're a Spider-Man fan - you may like Batman or whatever, I don't know - but firstly, you're a Spider-Man fan, and will always be - and being a Spider-Man fan, makes you all the more aware of the flaws of the Spider-Man movies, and all the less aware of the flaws of Batman Begins.

Now, that being said, I'm sure Spider-Man will get plenty of restarts, re-imaginations, etc. in the future - that's just how superhero franchises have always worked - but for this...generation of films, the Spider-Man movies are generally considered two of the best superhero films ever made, and are, at least, an acceptable interpretation of the character. There is, again only in my opinion, little to no reason to restart them this soon, and for the reasons you have so far layed out.

I guess you're right about the grass being greener on the other side. Well, let's see how the 3rd one turns out and then restart discussion may become more realistic.

I just don't trust studios. Eventually, the studio will try and milk the franchise for all it's worth, way after Rami and Magurie departs.....and then the franchise will suffer for it, all b/c the studio wants to cash in that check.

Plus.....whatever director who gets a hold of it AFTER Rami might want to "re-imagine" it, ya know?

But...I think that's sooooo far down the line....I mean...atleast 20 years from happening....so there.

Tangled Web said:

I think it deserves a restart if the moves were bad. IMO spidey 1 and 2 were really good.

A reboot wouldn't be fully necessary cause though, the movies weren't perfect, they weren't terrible either. but, I'd still say, instead of continuing to make sequels, (I really can’t see Tobey being spider-man for 2-3 more movies, over the next 7-8 years) I could see a new version, as like a spin off kinda thing, where they can recast a start over a new, maybe with like the ultimate storyline, or any of the other storylines, or even alternate storylines and timelines.

CConn said:
Except you're ignoring the fundamental differences in the Spider-Man film series the original Batman film series.

Firstly, the original Batman series didn't start with an origin - let alone one that was basically ripped directly from the comics like SM1's was (seriously, go look at AF #15. Minus the Spidey the Celebrity business, it's near identical to the first 20 minutes or so of SM1).

Genetically engineered spiders,Mary Jane,Uncle Ben being carjacked,beating up Flash,etc. doesn't make it near identical.

No, but the most important stuff was there. Peter got bit by an enhanced spider (instead of the 1960s concern withradiation, we get the 2000s concern genetic engineering type stuff), Peter gets cocky, decides to make money off his powers, goes to wrestle (changing the wrestler from 1960s name Crusher Hogan, which to a mainstream audience would be too similar to Hulk Hogan, to more modern Bonesaw McGraw), and refuses to stop a burglar who then goes to kill Uncle Ben.

Cosmetically, it's different. Intrinsically, everything that was important about Amazing Fantasy # 15 was right there in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"