Spider-Man Begins

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Tangled Web, Jun 2, 2006.

1. "Iron Man" Registered

If someone is going to reboot the Spider-Man franchise, atleast call it "The Amazing Spider-Man" this time. Gosh!

2. "Iron Man" Registered

I thought of an idea for a good Spidey 4-6...

The Amazing Spider-Man (Spider-Man 4) Spidey faces off with Hydro-Man, Kraven the Hunter, and The Lizard (main villain) in this exciting sequel! (would contain origin flashbacks, but not a "reboot") Gwen Stacy is the love interest

The Amazing Spider-Man Returns (Spider-Man 5) Spidey faces the ever-changing Chameleon, The Rhino, Scorpion, and the deadly Hobgoblin (either Ned Leeds or Roderick Kingsley) in this fascinating new chapter in the Spider-Man saga! Mary Jane Watson returns (depending on if she leaves or not at the end of SM3) but Gwen is still Pete's girlfriend.

The Amazing Spider-Man's Last Stand (Spider-Man 6, only tentative title)
    Spidey faces a threat greater than anything he's faced before, the Sinister Six! As if they weren't enough, the symbiote has returned, and Cletus Kasady is the new host....

I realize that 7 villains is A LOT(!!!) but I think the above ideas listed would make for a very interesting and exciting trilogy in the Spider-Man saga! What do you think? (oh, I would be directing these movies)

I just really love Sam Raimi's films and I was originally going to write "The Amazing Spider-Man" and make it a reboot of the franchise, but Sam's movies are friggin teriffic!! So, would you watch my movies above?

3. turbotwotone Registered

What do you mean you were going to write the "amazing spiderman" movies? Are you currently a director/writer or are you just dreaming aloud?
    Anyway...I am still very excited with the future of the SM films beyond SM3. Even if SM3 has four villans that has been rumored...there is still lots of untapped material and many fresh villans to be explored in later installments. I think you have some solid concepts, and even though you admitted too many villans can be bad...it sill has to be said that having more villans only works if the story/character advancement permits it. It needs to support the story at hand and onlt then can you factor in what villans work...to say the least you don't want to simply include x amount of villans just because it would look cool. I think thats one thing Raimi has done a fine job of in his installments and I commend him for that. I also like the idea of beinging gwen stacy into the fold...though I hear she is going to start appearing in SM3. While I don't completely think it was wrong to start off with MJ instead, I am glad to see that they aren't ignoring the whole gwen stacy aspect...it will certainly add much drama to peter and MJ's relationship. As far as villans go it really doesn't matter exactly what villans are in the next installments..as long as there is a good solid story arc that supports that villan, and also as long as we get 1 to 2 new villans per installment. Unlike the position of the villans in the batman films...spiderman still has a slew of villans to face off against, where as with the batman films all of the central villans have really been used and it is to the point where you have to start remaking the villans that have already appeared in a film before. So as far as that aspect goes, I am very excited for SM. There have been many great mentions already: hydro-man, kraven, lizard, hobgoblin, rhino, vulture, carnage, scorpion, kat, shocker, electro, mysterio...and the list goes on.

If they don't get maguire, dunst and everyone else back for a 4th, then I agree that series needs to change it up. However, I don't completely want them to go with the whole "ultimate spiderman" route, where they re-cast everyone, and spidey is only like 14-15 yrs old...and they act like the events of the 1st 3 films never happened! If they do that I'll be pretty upset. I am grateful we will have gotten 3 steady films with the same cast and director. I won't be upset to see a new cast, but hopefully it will be a continuation of the 1st 3 films...so that all future sequels actually seem like sequels, creating a sense of continuity. And hopefully the new cast will stick around for 2-3 films. To reboot something that wasn't bad to begin with seems uneccesary to me. If they continue the story...I think it would create many great opportunities that you wouldn't get otherwise. Such as: flashbacks from previous movies and/or creating side stories that were carried over from previous films...and discussing past villans that he had faced, and also possibly bringing back cameos of past villans (we never truly got that doc-ock was really dead)

I think the future for SM again looks very promising. As more time goes by, technology and visual effects just keep getting better and better...so just imagining how future villans could be brought to life and what there powers would look like is also pretty cool. And I can't wait to see what is in store for SM3 come may 2007!!!

4. "Iron Man" Registered

Well, I'm just dreaming aloud. But what I meant was that I was going to write MY VERSION of Spider-Man in a story called "The Amazing Spider-Man". I was originally going to make it a reboot, but I appreciate the Raimi films too much to do that, so I made it a sequel, basically, it's my version of Spidey Part 4. And if Raimi and crew don't stick around for any more after SM3 (which will in one word: kickass!) I would LOVE to direct Spidey 4-6, but once again, I'm dreaming aloud.

Actually, I already have my superhero franchise in progress.....Space Ghost 1, 2, and 3. (I made it so there can be no more after 3, so no one can continue work on SG...he's mine! hahahaha)

5. Creative Genius Registered

I'm creative genius and I'm a simple stick to the source material writer and I had my version of Spider-man. I would of made the movies surround the universe of Spider-man and his characters (sorta like Star Wars) Let me explain the 6 movies that I had plained out.

Spider-man 1:Nerd Parker in high school gets powers: Harry,Flash, Liz, Mary Jane Gwen, and Captain Stacy are friends how they were in comics, it's about Peter's changing into a conifdent person. Peter and Flash get in squabbles, Peter seems he is more confident. Peter fights crush hogan, paid and popular and does different acts across city in amatuer costume. And he does the infamous money job with the burgular and the and he comes home and Uncle Ben is shot, Now in the Movie Uncle Ben is very close to peter and likable old man. Spidey goes after him with great special effects and aerial shots. Does what he does in the comics and the burgular falls , they shot at spidey, and he swings off, and cries fiqures out it's his fault great power comes great responsibility. He makes the spidey suit. He catches a many criminals and he does it a cool way. Showing that he taking his responsibility. And it's not rushed it done pacefully. He graduates from High school with the gang and Norman tells Harry and Peter that he paid for the loft to stay in. Spidey does more heroic acts and he sees a man take pictures of him. Spidey thinks and asks the guy how much do you get for that picture. And the man scared tells him a $1000. Spidey thinks and next you see his automatic camera takes pictures of him doing things and the next day he is in the Daily bugle. Trying to sell them, gets hired with jjj hiijinks. Meets Betty Bryant likes her. Goes home and he is watching the Kraven the Hunter show while Kraven single handlly takes done animals with great strength and power and hunt's his pray. Kraven is very popular like the Crocodille Hunter. Peter laughs while watching taking him as a joke. He switches to news is talking about the international terrorists and assassin for hire the Chameleon(First villian spidey faced in comics) Equipped with Disquiseable Hologram technology and prostectic skin he can be anyone he wishes. He's a marks man and is armed and dangerous and in town. Osborn and Oscorp have problems and the men are trying to get rid of osborn and his ambitious test, performance enchancer that make you smarter, faster stronger, but side affects of memory loss, and insanity and death. Osborn is ruthless and stubborn and unapproachable. Oscorp has carnival and peter there taking pictures and Harry walks up and they talk. Cut to the chase Chameleon is there to assainate Osborn courtesy of his executives and is hologram disquise as an big executive, but messes up and says the wrong thing and he pulls out the gun and and fires and runs out and transforms and runs and moves like a ninja. throws a smoke bombs and grenades and explosions and pete sees it changes and sees Chamelon and goes after him Chamelon shoots with pinpoint accuracy and miss because of spidey sense and agility. Harry is distraught and Norman is fiquring out who did it. And the other executies look dissappointed. Spidey goes back and Chamelon is gone and spidey goes back to help others. But Chamelon turn into a woman across the street and runs around the corner. JJJ is mad pete didn't get any pictures and that Chameleon is the story and Oscorp. Kraven is in town in new york for a show and they are interview him about his show, And a someone ask him a tough question about that the terrorist the Chamelon is is brother, He pauses and says that is appalling rumor and if he saw Chamelon he will hunt him down and break him in two. Spider-man fight Chamelon again and caughts him and it is all over the news and soidey is confident. He dates Betty Bryant, He dates Mary Jane, and others on different dates. But gets closer to Gwen. Norman is distrautght and know if jis experiment does't work he is finished and the contract is too. He does the experient it blows up in his face like comics book. Osborn become green goblin, something that gave him fear when he was a small boy, that his father told stories about. There is a big meeting with executies about Osborn's job and Goblin come is a elobarent blows up and kills everyone in the meeting. The next day he forgets what he did like he was blessed not to be there, and he is sorry and it is a big loss. He regin full control of Oscorp. In the movie he goes in and out of green goblin to destroy rival comapnies and anything in his way and goes to get jjj because of bad press, Spidey interferes ggreat aerial fights. They fight off and on and exchange great lines. He fight spidey classic battles unmaskes spidey and final battle and green goblin gets beat an forgets and Spidey feels sorry for him and harry because that is they are friends. So he rescue Norman and Spidey saved him from Goblin. Norman thanks Spidey and peter, and Peter is nervous because Norman knows his identity. But forgot. There are in the hospital. Cut to Chamelon in jail and gets bailed out with a great bound and goes to a limosuine and gets in it and they voice in the car says you got your self in alot of trouble this time I'll clean it up because you are family. Chamelon- what about Spider-man the camera pans up to Kraven the Hunter with a determined look, He's mine. The Limosuine drives off spidey music plays

End
    Spider-man 2: Doc Ock, Chameleon,Kraven,
    Synopsis: Doc ock is created as Kraven hunts the spider with the help of Chameleon, Peter gets closer to Gwen Stacy. Spidey has clasic battle Kraven, Chameleon drops the ball, gets disowned, Spidey fight s new nemesis Doc ock, Spidey gets closer to Captain stacy, Captain dies from accident in battle fills bad. Vows to protect Gwen. Beats Doc ock classic batle scenes goes to super criminal jail. At the end of Spidey 2 Norman regains memory of everything and becoms green goblin movie ends on cliffhanger.

Spider-man 3: Green Goblin, Shocker, Rhino, Lizard
    Synopsis: Spidey fights crooks that are trying to make a names for themselves with a sense of humor, but they pack a punch, and also trying to stop a creature called the Lizard, that he finds out later that is his professor and tries to help him and his family, but little does Peter know that his family and friends are being threatned by the Green Goblin, he's back and vicious as ever. Classic battle scenes with villians and the great mind games and cxlassic battle with green goblin and Gewn stacy, where she meets her deaht and Green goblin as well, while Harry is there in the shadows. Marry jane consol peter about Gwen death and Harry takes off the costume of his father and looks at the Goblin mask.
    End

End. Message of movie, The Hero life is begining to be to much for parker

More to come

6. giggs11uk Registered

if they redo the franchise down the road they should use completly new villians like Kingpin (we won't see him in the current movies because of Daredevil), and James Cameroons Electro, Hydroman. So people don't consider the movies remakes of the classic Spider-man movies we are watching now

7. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

:down ON THIS WHOLE IDEA. It was necessary for Batman; not so much for Spidey.

8. iceberg325 Registered

Agreed!!!! :venom:

9. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

And it might not have been necessary for Batman had the studio not decided to take it over & try to target kids over fans.

10. Tangled Web Registered

You mean like what Spider-Man 3 is going to do?

11. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

And you base this on what?

12. Tangled Web Registered

Thanks you Spider-Man Day
    Four Villians (more toys)
    Venom (kids love him)
    Dumbed down plots.

13. Batman Dramatic Example

I think he's basing it on Harry's "Callabunga, Dude!" look. Which, truth be told, that is the only thing even close to 'kid friendly' I've seen in the teaser. Everything else looks pretty dark, compared to the previous two.

14. Batman Dramatic Example

You're doing the same thing you've done with all the Spidey films, thus far. You're pointing out all the negatives, even when the positives outweigh them.

And since when the hell do kids love Venom? :confused:

15. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Some kids are into Venom, but he's not what I'd call a kid-friendly character. He slobbers all over the place, constantly threatens to consume some vital part of people's anatomies, his character has connotations that can be equated with drug addiction or demonic possession (take your pick.) he's hideous, he's a monster, & his name is a synonym for poison, which is synonymous with death.
    Yeah-that belongs on a Happy Meal box.
    It's mainly adults who have been clamoring for Venom the last 5 years. Or are you new to these boards, TW?
    Plus, Raimi is still in charge here. The studio is not calling the shots. And they sertainly haven't mandated that a franchise which has done well over a billion in tickets & merchandising needs to be more kid-friendly.

16. Tangled Web Registered

I know for a fact that kids love Venom and Carnage. They know nothing of these characters but they love them. Alot of kids I talked to ask me if Venom and Carnage are going to be in 3. I tell them that I hope not, Venom needs to be developed and Carnage is an awful character.

17. Tangled Web Registered

Oh and Chris, Venom has been in happy meals before, remember the animated series?

They kiddied out Green Goblin. In the comics he would have destroyed that bridge when those people threw stuf at him.
    Same with Ock on the El Train.
    Raimi also must love Jekyll and Hyde because it's impossible for him to have a Spidey villian that does these things on their own will.

18. giggs11uk Registered

I think Sandman does things on his own will, or is he possesed by evil sand?:confused:

BUT, you are right about
    Green Goblin
    Doc Ock
    HarryGoblin
    Venom, though

19. matthooper Registered

You can't be serious. You seriously feel that SM3 is for kids. Not SM 1 or SM2 but 3? I refuse to believe that you actually think that. There is not one thing in that trailer that is for kids. Or for that matter not one thing we've heard at all.

You're trolling for reactions.

20. Tangled Web Registered

Did the SM2 trailer look like it was going to be for kids? No, did we end up with little kid moments? Yes. There is very good reason to believe that Raimi will hold back ($$$).
    That's why one day, I'd like to see a re launch. This franchise is so obsessed with setting records that they forget their roots.

Look, I like the films for what they are, but they could definitley be more faithful.

21. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

:rolleyes: Just because we don't have a bodycount of 5,000 doesn't mean it's a kiddie movie. You sound like these guys clamoring for an "R" rated flick.

22. Matt Murdock Registered

Are you stupid? Obviously there need to be moments for kids, its a superhero movie-- kids love superheros, therefore there need to be moments for that demographic. And thats the reason that Raimi would hold back, if he is, not money. The spider-man movies have made plenty of money, hence, Raimi isn't holding back, he's telling the same story in a different manner. As long as the power - responsibility relationship remains the same, the core spider-man story remains the same. Throughout his history, spider-man has been plagued with his choices ruining him. That's what these movies are about, not the order of villain appearances, or quips while fighting.

23. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

And as for the 4 villains, considering that in all likelihood they're counting Spider-Man himself, don't trip.

24. TheVileOne Registered

You novices make it sound like Batman Begins was a word for word recreation.

25. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

They love to do that.