I'm done running from my past.
Reaction score
SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME

EwQwcM7.jpg

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

cfl5ZkM.png

What RT score do you think Far From Home will get?​

85%-89%
I just have this feeling that this will get a lower rt score than Homecoming, but the fans will love Far from home more than they did Homecoming.

85-89 for me as well. The Mysterio twist could be hit or miss for all we know. They've done a good job hiding everything so far.

I went in for 85-89%. I would love for the 90's, but honestly, Mysterio will either wow people, or he will meh them. I could see this dropping into the 70's if not for the MASSIVE goodwill the MCU has generated...as well as people's love for Tom's Spidey.

Discuss the RT score here and how you shouldn’t listen to critics anyway and see the movie for yourself and how metacritic is a better indicator and how Grace Randolph sucks and Who is Grace Randolph? and Disney pays the critics.

I'm a mixed MCU fan.

In terms of recent Marvel movies;

Loved Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame, Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Thought Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Spider-Man: Homecoming were very meh.

Who knows where I'll fall on this.

85%-89%
I just have this feeling that this will get a lower rt score than Homecoming, but the fans will love Far from home more than they did Homecoming.
I still stand by this. It's going to be above 80%, and from the reactions, the fans are going to love it more than Homecoming.

I continue to be astonished at how many forum goers here are apparently independently wealthy, and thus have the money and time to go to every single movie released. . .

Eh? Every single movie? I think most of us here go see the majority of CBM's released per year, which is 4-5?

Well, tickets are expensive in my house. During the summer, we're down to one income, so movie tickets are a treat for a family of four.

HOWEVER, Marvel movies are a "Must-See" for us. Except Dark Phoenix. That doesn't count.

Personally, I'm hoping for about 90% on this one. As for all the "RT score doesn't matter" folk, It's funny how it doesn't matter when it's bad, but it's a feather in your cap when it's good. I feel like I say that on every one of these threads, and I feel like it's right every single time...

I'm actually optimistic about a score above 90% on this one. Gut feeling.

Eh? Every single movie? I think most of us here go see the majority of CBM's released per year, which is 4-5?

Hell, with the amount of comic based films out nowadays combined with other non-comic films, I skip out on most of them. Would just wait for a home release. Something like an Endgame or a Shazam or Far From Home wouldn't be as big of a priority or interest- personally- compared to something like a John Wick 3 or a Booksmart.

Let me explain my sarcasm: when people show contempt for the idea of actually looking at reviews, and say "Why do you let other people decide what movies you should go see?", they are implicitly saying that one is obligated to go see a movie themselves. After all, choosing not to see the movie is letting others decide for them.

So, presuming they are not in fact hypocrites, this means going to see *every* movie. After all, the only valid judgement is your own experience. And since they clearly would not be advocating that others do something they themselves do not do, clearly they must be independently wealthy and go see every movie released. After all, obviously they wouldn't be advocating that other people spend money on movies they themselves aren't willing to see, right? I mean, the alternative is that contempt for reviews actually has nothing to do with any obligation to personal experience, and is just a way to validate their own personal biases, and they actually totally listen to "other people" for the vast majority of movies they choose not to see. But this couldn't possibly be the case, right?

So, to turn off the sarcasm for a moment: yes, this is totally the case. Every single person relies on "other people" to judge movies, all the time, whether it be reviewers, word of mouth, or the marketing campaigns advertising the movies. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. The only way to even know about a movie at *all* depends on other people. Likewise, there is absolutely nothing about looking at the information about a movie, and going "I'm going to see it anyway", because even the worst movie is going to appeal to *someone*, and maybe you'll be that someone. Which is fine!

Trying to provide universal objective validation to one's own taste in movie through incoherent, hypocritical contempt for the concept of criticism? Is not fine. At best its a show of insecurity, and at worst it diminishes everyone involved through its disregard for basic logic. If you don't agree with a particular critic or viewer, that's okay. . . but don't then go condemning the idea of listening to others, *when you are asking others to listen to you*.

HOWEVER, Marvel movies are a "Must-See" for us. Except Dark Phoenix. That doesn't count.

Personally, I'm hoping for about 90% on this one. As for all the "RT score doesn't matter" folk, It's funny how it doesn't matter when it's bad, but it's a feather in your cap when it's good. I feel like I say that on every one of these threads, and I feel like it's right every single time...
Sign of a good family is when they know the difference between "Marvel" movies and "MCU" movies.

I voted 85-89 I think but this could very well be @ 90 and above.

I'll tell you what...I felt that 6th endgame ticket lol
*crying eyes emoji*

Sign of a good family is when they know the difference between "Marvel" movies and "MCU" movies.

tumblr_pigek0UyFo1ucaesvo2_500.gif

Let me explain my sarcasm: when people show contempt for the idea of actually looking at reviews, and say "Why do you let other people decide what movies you should go see?", they are implicitly saying that one is obligated to go see a movie themselves. After all, choosing not to see the movie is letting others decide for them.

So, presuming they are not in fact hypocrites, this means going to see *every* movie. After all, the only valid judgement is your own experience. And since they clearly would not be advocating that others do something they themselves do not do, clearly they must be independently wealthy and go see every movie released. After all, obviously they wouldn't be advocating that other people spend money on movies they themselves aren't willing to see, right? I mean, the alternative is that contempt for reviews actually has nothing to do with any obligation to personal experience, and is just a way to validate their own personal biases, and they actually totally listen to "other people" for the vast majority of movies they choose not to see. But this couldn't possibly be the case, right?

So, to turn off the sarcasm for a moment: yes, this is totally the case. Every single person relies on "other people" to judge movies, all the time, whether it be reviewers, word of mouth, or the marketing campaigns advertising the movies. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. The only way to even know about a movie at *all* depends on other people. Likewise, there is absolutely nothing about looking at the information about a movie, and going "I'm going to see it anyway", because even the worst movie is going to appeal to *someone*, and maybe you'll be that someone. Which is fine!

Trying to provide universal objective validation to one's own taste in movie through incoherent, hypocritical contempt for the concept of criticism? Is not fine. At best its a show of insecurity, and at worst it diminishes everyone involved through its disregard for basic logic. If you don't agree with a particular critic or viewer, that's okay. . . but don't then go condemning the idea of listening to others, *when you are asking others to listen to you*.

Sure, I see what you're sayin'.

I'd say the 80% bracket, if it reaches 90 I'd be very impressed.

I loved Homecoming obscene amounts, but pessimism kept suggesting that Jon Watts could well turn out to be a one-hit wonder. A busier movie this time around, Endgame being a tough act to follow, etc. But the first reactions hint at that not being the case. Very happy w what I'm reading specifically from the folks I wanted to read it from. I'm stoked to watch it myself.

Of course its gonna be certified fresh no matter what! It would be spectacular if it could top homecoming's rt rating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"