Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers Discussion (Spoilers for Endgame as well)

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
This is a spoiler zone. Do not read if you don’t want to be spoiled about Endgame.

So there’s a 5 year time jump in Endgame. I won’t get into specifics but the remaining heroes are able to bring everyone back that was snapped, but it’s 5 years after the snap.

So how can this movie be minutes after Endgame and everyone still in high school? Did Peter and all of his friends get dusted?

Wacky theory: They did age (at least some of them) and what we see in the trailer is actually an illusion by Mysterio screwing with Peter's mind.

That just seems too confusing. I’m afraid they are just going to ignore it even though there should be big consequences of over a billion people just reappearing after 5 years.

Yeah I don’t know I am so confused by this. How are they going to explain this one? What I’m actually thinking is that the trailer is making it out to be a “school trip” but then Peter also says Nick Fury has hijacked his summer vacation. Maybe after everything that happens Peter and his friends decide to just go on a holiday and whatever happens ensues. But maybe he’s not actually in school or is in college or something.

Yeah I don’t know I am so confused by this. How are they going to explain this one? What I’m actually thinking is that the trailer is making it out to be a “school trip” but then Peter also says Nick Fury has hijacked his summer vacation. Maybe after everything that happens Peter and his friends decide to just go on a holiday and whatever happens ensues. But maybe he’s not actually in school or is in college or something.

Yeah this is the only thing I can think of at the moment that makes sense. That they are actually in college and not High School. I know they specifically wanted these Tom Holland movies to focus on the High School elements but not sure how else they can explain the 5 year jump.

Last edited:
first i think the minutes after endgame and still in highschool is just for the marketing to not spoiling what really happend post endgame

Peter seems to be still 16 after being brought back, and his friends are 5 years older. This means MJ will be dating an underage... Lol

Fury also says "So nice to finally meet you" in the trailer, so I think this movie might actually take place before Infinity War.

So how can this movie be minutes after Endgame and everyone still in high school? Did Peter and all of his friends get dusted?

I don't think that everyone is still in high school. Among Peter's circle of friends/ classmates I know that Ned, Michelle, Flash and Peter himself are dusted. That's four persons, so the odd is 0.5^4 or 6.25%, not quite 1 in 14 million odd like what Endgame just pulled. For Liz and Betty, we know Laura Harrier is in the movie but we don't know whether Liz is still the same age (I don't think so) and for Betty I don't think she counts because she's completely outside Peter's circle of friend, so the odd of her being turned to dust is independent of the odd of Peter's friends being turned to dust (i.e. her odd is 50% like everyone else). There are also several classmates of Peter in SPH (Sally, Seymour, Abraham, Cindy, Charles) and their odd of being turned into dust is 50% too.

Peter seems to be still 16 after being brought back, and his friends are 5 years older. This means MJ will be dating an underage... Lol

I'm 100% sure that Ned, Michelle and Betty were turned to dust. Not sure about Flash or Liz though.

So after watching the movie, I guess its not as confusing as I initially thought (I only read the spoilers). But yea I guess they all got dusted and are just gonna continue High School where they left off. I wonder how much (if at all) this movie is gonna reference the dusting or if they are just gonna quietly gloss over it.

It seemed everyone who was dusted didn't age. It's going to be a weird situation where some people they knew should theoretically be much older, but it's also something that can be easily ignored if they don't feel like addressing it by just having everyone important conveniently dusted.

Yeah think about twins where one was dusted and one left behond and now one is 5 years older... Goes to reason that everyone on Peters science team couldnt have all been dusted statistically u would expect some to have been left behind so they would be older and off in college while the returned folks would essentially be picking up where they left off.

Since Kevin F. has said that this movie would wrap up this phase I hope that means we get to see firsthand more of the aftermath of what happened to regular folks as they try to make since of things. Could be really interesting to explore.

I have a question, how come Peter and his friends didn't age at all from Civil War to Infinity War?

Civil War and Infinity War were probably set 1 year apart.

They were all dusted and continue to their high school lives.... While Aunt May probably was dusted as well as she looks young.

That being said, only Cassie/Harley really aged in those five years. The rest in Endgame/previous films that weren't turn into dust didn't age at all.

Yeah think about twins where one was dusted and one left behond and now one is 5 years older... Goes to reason that everyone on Peters science team couldnt have all been dusted statistically u would expect some to have been left behind so they would be older and off in college while the returned folks would essentially be picking up where they left off.

Since Kevin F. has said that this movie would wrap up this phase I hope that means we get to see firsthand more of the aftermath of what happened to regular folks as they try to make since of things. Could be really interesting to explore.

However we are in the 1 in 14 million movie world so perhaps all the important Peter characters got snapped. Although an older Flash might have worked.

I agree sending pubic high school kids on a trip to Europe seemed strange given the real world economic politics. However a world recovering from the snapture might be more willing to do such things. Like the roaring 20's social revolution was a global response to the Great War and the Flu pandemic.

I think it's obvious that all the cast were in the snap. I mean, looks at the GotG. All but 2 of them were snapped. Also, Thanos said it would be random and arbitrary from the start. I mean, Hank, Hope, and Janet all got dusted. it's honestly about what fit the writers' narratives. I don't say that cynically, but it's a fact. It could be interesting if Liz and Adrian weren't dusted, and, because of that, Liz then had to live in a world where her old friends were gone, but her dad was still alive, and he was left in jail, still! I mean, Tony was still alive, and he wasn't going to say, "Hey, it's cool you tired to steal my stuff, we all had a hard time, you can go free...just be good this time".

Either way, this makes the wait for a new trailer unbearable...let alone the film.

This is a spoiler zone. Do not read if you don’t want to be spoiled about Endgame.

So there’s a 5 year time jump in Endgame. I won’t get into specifics but the remaining heroes are able to bring everyone back that was snapped, but it’s 5 years after the snap.

Aloha,
Absolutely LOVED ENDGAME.Peter, Ned and most of his HS friends got dusted. Just as there was conversations and newspapers dealing with the Battle of NY, I'm hoping that there will be all kinds of references to the five year dusting.I mean, Cap. was in a support group for people who had a hard time dealing with all of the lost loved ones, so there's already recognition by the average person that the dusting happened.My big issue is that instead of saying time travel they should be saying alternate universes within the multiverse.Cap married Peggy in an alternate universe and returned to his original universe at the end.If not then Captain America would have never been the hero of WWII.According to Feige, Far from Home is the final movie of Phase Three. Can't wait.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Absolutely LOVED ENDGAME.Peter, Ned and most of his HS friends got dusted. Just as there was conversations and newspapers dealing with the Battle of NY, I'm hoping that there will be all kinds of references to the five year dusting.I mean, Cap. was in a support group for people who had a hard time dealing with all of the lost loved ones, so there's already recognition by the average person that the dusting happened.My big issue is that instead of saying time travel they should be saying alternate universes within the multiverse.Cap married Peggy in an alternate universe and returned to his original universe at the end.If not then Captain America would have never been the hero of WWII.According to Feige, Far from Home is the final movie of Phase Three. Can't wait.
Spidey rules

It is more accurate and yet the time travel label is correct. Steve went back in time, but his trip backward in time to live out his life with Peggy created an alternate universe. So he did time travel, but created a parallel reality in the process.

I wonder if in future MCU films whether we will have the Thanos legacy.

People who after 5 years of experiencing a world without half the people think thanos was right all along.

Also people who after 5 years face huge problems with people coming back. New leaders elected, married couples remarried. Children who have inherited their parents wealth.

It would set it up nicely for more complex conflicts dealing with the issues of a reverse snap

Ps I'm team Thanos (he was right)

I wonder if in future MCU films whether we will have the Thanos legacy.

People who after 5 years of experiencing a world without half the people think thanos was right all along.

Also people who after 5 years face huge problems with people coming back. New leaders elected, married couples remarried. Children who have inherited their parents wealth.

It would set it up nicely for more complex conflicts dealing with the issues of a reverse snap

Ps I'm team Thanos (he was right)

Also, this is the PERFECT set up for Doctor Doom. Governments in Europe fall apart, and Victor Von Doom was there to keep it all together...taking parts of the poorer countries as his own, and the people supporting him. They could literally go any of twenty different angles from there, and run with it to make a very awesome and viable argument for a powerful and evil, yet loved, Doom.

All good observations, man. It's like that show Manifest where the people come back after years in the air, and everyone moved on. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I found the premise interesting.

I don't think he's right, but it was interesting to hear even Captain America mention the whales and the cleaner water.

End of endegame was the snappeds first day back at school. Peter is looking around looking to see if he recognises anyone. Lot of new faces (unsnapped kids that were 5 years younger last time he was here). He sees ned who'd also been snapped.

Half peters class/school were snapped.

Ffh probably continues that day back.

I agree sending pubic high school kids on a trip to Europe seemed strange given the real world economic politics. However a world recovering from the snapture might be more willing to do such things. Like the roaring 20's social revolution was a global response to the Great War and the Flu pandemic.

"That Kingdom of Latveria is proud to sponsor this international exchange program for America's youth."

How 'Avengers: Endgame' impacts 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'

As Endgame reaches its conclusion, we see the surviving heroes returning to their lives — in some cases five years after dying in the Snap.

Half a decade has passed since Tom Holland’s Peter Parker gasped, “Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good,” but when he returns to the halls of his high school, he sees a familiar face: his friend Ned Leeds (played by Jacob Batalon).

Shouldn’t all his classmates have graduated by now? Yes and no.

“So… Ned disappeared as well,” Joe Russo tells EW. “That’s the two of them seeing each other for the first time after having disappeared.”

One of the things that future Marvel movies will deal with is how characters who have been absent for five years are trying to fit in again with a world that has moved on.

Some fans have speculated that Far From Home will rewind the timeline, taking place before the Snap, especially since the trailer includes Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) telling Peter, “So nice to finally meet you… Spider-Man.”

But wouldn’t they have met at Tony Stark’s funeral? Even if Fury and Parker hadn’t spoken, why does Peter seem surprised to know that the spymaster knows his real identity?

It’s likely this is a marketing misdirect. It sounds like a slight break in the dialogue before he says “Spider-Man,” and Marvel has proven that not everything in its trailers is actually in the movies.

I am perfectly willing to go with "all the really important schoolmates also got dusted". Its a dramatic convenience, but because half of everyone got dusted, meh. So, yes, half the teachers are 5 years older, and half your class are suddenly all new people ( or people you last new as kids in primary school ), but that's just "life is weird in the age of marvels".

Yeah, half the universe doesn't mean 50% of every grouping of people. Entire planets could've been safe, and entire planets could've been wiped out. It was random. If all the plot relevant characters got dusted and come back still the same age, then it's believable in this case. Very convenient, but totally plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"