Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers Discussion (Spoilers for Endgame as well)

While I don't disagree, that could be the case with any story. That doesn't mean he was the wrong choice for the story.

Marvel doesn't really have a good Lex Luthor type character. Someone who can feign legitimacy while being a supervillain. Fisk is probably the next closest but I've always felt that, until very recently, he might flirt with legitimacy but he's generally seen as a reputed mob boss (in other words, people will at least whisper that he is the Kingpin). The only other examples I can think of are Hellfire Club members like Sebastian Shaw and he's not going to have the same level of impact. Osborne has the advantage that, even in death, he was still seen as a legitimate businessman because Harry hid his costume.

Oh I'm not complaining about the choice. The main thing here is that I do think he's been in some good stuff since his return, namely his Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers run.

with him being outed at the end

would anyone else be interested in the next one opening with him changing up his look and going by Ben Reilly, in a new town/state hiding out... maybe even taking on the Scarlet-spider look, to still fight crime when he needs too

with him being outed at the end

would anyone else be interested in the next one opening with him changing up his look and going by Ben Reilly, in a new town/state hiding out... maybe even taking on the Scarlet-spider look, to still fight crime when he needs too

How will looking like the Scarlet Spider disguise him at all? Even in Prague, when he was in the stealth outfit, Betty Brant still thought it was Spider-Man before Ned had to try to persuade her it was a European knock-off named Night Monkey.

Now given that it was actually Spider-Man and he's been outed, anyone will automatically think another "knock-off" version like Scarlet Spider is probably Spider-Man.

*cough* I feel like people are making a mistake in treating the mid credits twist as one thing, rather than two things. "Spider-man's ID is revealed" and "Spider-man's reputation is ruined" are two completely different things, that need to be resolved separately. Successfully conning the world into thinking Peter Parker isn't Spider-man does exactly zero good if the world still randomly believes Spider-man is a sinister villain.

*cough* I feel like people are making a mistake in treating the mid credits twist as one thing, rather than two things. "Spider-man's ID is revealed" and "Spider-man's reputation is ruined" are two completely different things, that need to be resolved separately. Successfully conning the world into thinking Peter Parker isn't Spider-man does exactly zero good if the world still randomly believes Spider-man is a sinister villain.

The tarnished reputation is classic Spider-Man. The 'outing' may be interesting as long as it doesn't stick.

The tarnished reputation is classic Spider-Man. The 'outing' may be interesting as long as it doesn't stick.

They could've called the movie "Spider-Man: School Outing", and then the outing would've had a double meaning.

I didn't like that they revealed Spider-Man's secret identity. It is very important part of his character. I could have been ok with it if they would have done it many movies later but not now. If they plan to have Tom Holland as Spider-Man for a long time then they shouldn't have done it this early.

Successfully conning the world into thinking Peter Parker isn't Spider-man does exactly zero good if the world still randomly believes Spider-man is a sinister villain.
Zero good is a massive overstatement. If the world thinks Spider-Man is a villain, he'll have to dodge the police while trying to save the day, but he can always have safety by looking like Peter Parker. If the world knows Spider-Man is Peter Parker, he'll have trouble going to school and could be arrested at any time.

That being said, there was a line in the movie that seems relevant here. The reason MJ was able to figure out he was Spider-Man is because she's the only one who paid attention to him. It might be that people suspect him of being Spider-Man without being certain, which makes it much more difficult for him to be Spider-Man.

I didn't like that they revealed Spider-Man's secret identity. It is very important part of his character. I could have been ok with it if they would have done it many movies later but not now. If they plan to have Tom Holland as Spider-Man for a long time then they shouldn't have done it this early.
Agreed

I gotta give it to them: even though I disliked the movie quite a lot, they managed to throw in a last minute twist which guarantees that I watch the 3rd film too. damn it :argh:

Say what you will about One More Day, it is iconic. Just like the Clone Saga is iconic.
Just like this is iconic:
hnGNH.gif

I bet money that Skrulls isn't how the 'outing' is resolved.
MCU typically don't go for the simple solution. Remember when everyone thought Infinity War would be resolved with the Time Stone? Well, that's not what happens.

Exactly... if you ask me, this is resolved one of 3 ways... and none involve skrulls...

A. The clone saga... though with how hated that was amoung the fanbase I would call that a stretch

B. The real multiverse... think “into the spiderverse” concepts... a ben reilly type minus the clone

C. A backdoor way to introduce miles into the MCU.. probably the most likely... Parker has to give up spidermanning or is outright killed and miles steps up... marvel has been chomping at the bit to get him in play, and this is it. Hopefully if they go in that direction then miles is the friendly neighborhood spiderman while parker takes on the avengers level role, but The MCU sure does like throwing silly curveballs....

Exactly... if you ask me, this is resolved one of 3 ways... and none involve skrulls...

A. The clone saga... though with how hated that was amoung the fanbase I would call that a stretch

B. The real multiverse... think “into the spiderverse” concepts... a ben reilly type minus the clone

C. A backdoor way to introduce miles into the MCU.. probably the most likely... Parker has to give up spidermanning or is outright killed and miles steps up... marvel has been chomping at the bit to get him in play, and this is it. Hopefully if they go in that direction then miles is the friendly neighborhood spiderman while parker takes on the avengers level role, but The MCU sure does like throwing silly curveballs....

They could even have it that Mysterio faked the whole thing so only Peter and MJ see the news exclusive. That would be lame but they can resolve the cliffhanger in one scene if they don't wish to pursue this storyline.

If this has been discussed before forgive me, I've been away.

Was Mysterio's real name Quentin Beck when he worked for Stark? Even if it weren't, wouldn't someone that high profile come up on a facial recognition search when he approached SHIELD?

Or are we to assume that not doing this was a faux Fury screw up?

^ Pretty much anything you think Fury should've done but didn't could be attributed to "Not Nick Fury", and "Not Maria Hill".

Man did that reveal make me happy because so many times I was sitting there thinking "why would Fury do this" or "That's really not like him".

Does make me wonder if Talos was at the funeral.

He wasn’t. The writers confirmed that was the real Fury.

If this has been discussed before forgive me, I've been away.

Was Mysterio's real name Quentin Beck when he worked for Stark? Even if it weren't, wouldn't someone that high profile come up on a facial recognition search when he approached SHIELD?

Or are we to assume that not doing this was a faux Fury screw up?

Beck did congratulate his one coworker on making up a story about “a guy named Quentin from another universe” or something like that, so I thought that kind of implied it wasn’t his real name.

We don’t have any mutants in the MCU yet.
Well for the purposes of JJJ muckraking just substitute mutant for the MCU "enhanced". He might be an alien, an Inhuman, a super soldier experiment or a human born with the not yet recognized X gene being subsets, but in the end they are all the same. Random people, possible walking nuclear warheads as General Ross said and none of them, except Steve Rogers, were tested for their character before they appeared with powers.

Thought this was interesting about the spiderman movies before Far from home.

Did you um. Did you read the spoilers at all? That multiverse was fake? Also yea that is a cast. It’s the comic cast of Spider-Mans characters.
Well did you think that if they didn’t want to use those characters then why on earth make in name only characters of them at all?

Twice already? We only got Mary Jane once in raimi films, Harry in raimi and one movie in web . Flash as a cameo and jjj was never present in web movies.

So basically it’s cool to shelve the Spider-Man cast cause audience seen them already but bringing in JJJ back who is from a different movie universe is cool? K.

Like I said if your gonna use sliders original cast then why create in name only versions of them like flash and MJ and even Ned .

I’m surprised jjj wasn’t the disgruntled school janitor at this point
D_9hGJVU4AIh83k.jpg

How will looking like the Scarlet Spider disguise him at all? Even in Prague, when he was in the stealth outfit, Betty Brant still thought it was Spider-Man before Ned had to try to persuade her it was a European knock-off named Night Monkey.

Now given that it was actually Spider-Man and he's been outed, anyone will automatically think another "knock-off" version like Scarlet Spider is probably Spider-Man.
Maybe, make that part of the plot point, Fury helps set him up with new identity (in some type of superhero wittness relocation ) but Peter can't help but still try to help stop crimes an keeps blowing his cover

Ok I had some really big problems with the movie. Amongst my top are:

1. Makes after credits scenes from the first movie COMPLETELY pointless. What was the point of the after credits scene with Vulture and Scorpion when they don't show up at all in this one? And the big scene about May finding out his identity? It meant basically nothing.
  2. They have one character with a secret identity and they ruin it already? It's only his second friggin movie! Stupid move. Ruins any way for him to interact with all his supporting characters now and takes away one of the things that made him unique in the MCU
  3. The Nick Fury Skrull thing was absolutely pointless AND makes it so we still haven't had any good Nick Fury stuff in years. (and no, how they used him in Captain Marvel wasn't good. A cat took his eye? What kind of people approved that?) They keep tearing him down from being a badass character to a joke. Now instead of having to have tried to save the world in this movie he was on a fake beach vacation in space for no reason that they even bother go give. Wow, what a cool character.
End of rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"