Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers Discussion (Spoilers for Endgame as well)

Might be my new favorite Spider-Man movie; will have to watch it again to make sure. Loved the beginning with Mysterio faking being a superhero and then it just went nuclear once the twist happened. Mysterio was fantastic and his first illusion scene attacking Peter was brilliant. I also loved how Peter defeated Mysterio by using his Peter tingle, just like in the comics. MJ was fantastic this time, although Peter's friends weren't as great overall this time.

I can't wait to possibly see Kraven in the next movie. As long as Watts insists on using new villains, it's either him, Chameleon or Scorpion. Might as well throw Rhino in there, since I don't count his trash cameo in TASM2.

Last edited:
To be fair, they can still pick up that in the next one. It doesn't make it pointless already.
Ok I had some really big problems with the movie. Amongst my top are:

1. Makes after credits scenes from the first movie COMPLETELY pointless. What was the point of the after credits scene with Vulture and Scorpion when they don't show up at all in this one? And the big scene about May finding out his identity? It meant basically nothing

Ok I had some really big problems with the movie. Amongst my top are:
  1. They have one character with a secret identity and they ruin it already? It's only his second friggin movie!
Well, he's actually been in 5 MCU movies. Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame, Far From Home. So, he's had a secret identity for awhile. I do understand your frustration, though. That being said, I look forward to the prospect of it's ramifications. Iron Man didn't matter. He was rich and developed weapons systems. His friends were rich, or his employees, or they were Air Force Colonels...Peter friends are high school students who live around New York. The diversion between he and Tony is probably what they are shooting for.

After finally reading this entire thread, it's hilarious how angry people are getting basically arguing over what defines a perfect burger and fries combo. Let's call the fries Parker/Spidey's personality. I prefer Holland spicy curly fries to Garfield's curly fries to Tobey's regular fries. I prefer Gwen's mushrooms (completely wasted on ASM2) to Michelle's black olives (she knocked it out of the park in FFH) to MJs banana peppers (was the weakest character in the Raimi trilogy). I prefer the friends in MCU Spidey's spinach to the friends in Raimi's trilogies iceberg lettuce. The Raimi's first two villains are Mayo and equal to the MCU Spidey's first two villains spicy mayo. I guess Garfield's Spidey would be mustard, cuz I hate mustard. Stupid Ninja turtle Lizard and electric eels nerd Electro. I like the MCU Spidey taking the risk of outing Peter and would call that crispy bacon. I bet MCU Spidey 3 will be all the better for it and be the best one yet. MCU Spidey's over reliance on Tony/constantly getting his butt whooped (the stupid suit, Friday, I could go on) are onions... and I forking hate onions.

Just to make it clear for everyone here who read this and still doesn't understand the difference between facts and opinions, YOUR BURGER IS NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. I know your parents told you it was, but they lied.

Last edited:
Was Talos Nick Fury the whole time? His first scene in the movie when he first meets Peter feels like it could have been the real Fury

After finally reading this entire thread, it's hilarious how angry people are getting basically arguing over what defines a perfect burger and fries combo. Let's call the fries Parker/Spidey's personality. I prefer Holland spicy curly fries to Garfield's curly fries to Tobey's regular fries. I prefer Gwen's mushrooms (completely wasted on ASM2) to Michelle's black olives (she knocked it out of the park in FFH) to MJs banana peppers (was the weakest character in the Raimi trilogy). I prefer the friends in MCU Spidey's spinach to the friends in Raimi's trilogies iceberg lettuce. The Raimi's first two villains are Mayo and equal to the MCU Spidey's first two villains spicy mayo. I guess Garfield's Spidey would be mustard, cuz I hate mustard. Stupid Ninja turtle Lizard and electric eels nerd Electro. I like the MCU Spidey taking the risk of outing Peter and would call that crispy bacon. I bet MCU Spidey 3 will be all the better for it and be the best one yet. MCU Spidey's over reliance on Tony/constantly getting his butt whooped (the stupid suit, Friday, I could go on) are onions... and I ****ing hate onions.

Just to make it clear for everyone here who read this and still doesn't understand the difference between facts and opinions, YOUR BURGER IS NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. I know your parents told you it was, but they lied.

I just ate, and this post made me hungry again. And I have to go back to work...so no burgers for me.

(good metaphor, though)

Was Talos Nick Fury the whole time? His first scene in the movie when he first meets Peter feels like it could have been the real Fury

Yes that was Talos throughout the whole movie.

oddly enough that was the scene in the trailers that first made me think there was something off about Fury (never saw the Talos twist coming, but suspected he was maybe chameleon, or something)

Haven't been on these forums in a couple years. Whatever happened to HarryOscop? That guy still around?

I like that Fiege confirmed even though Mysterio multiverse story turned out to be fake. Doesn't mean his story actually is. Seems the snap actually did effect realty and the multiverse as well see in Doctor Strange

And it's just as busy as just about every other poster for Far From Home and even Homecoming.

And it's just as busy as just about every other poster for Far From Home and even Homecoming.

Why were the teasers all SO MUCH better than the proper posters? It was the same with Homecoming. It's like Sony said, "If we cannot give away the entire plot in the trailers the way we like to, then we shall try and give it away on the poster!! Arad...use ALL THE IMAGES!!"

Quick OT question about 4k Blu Rays: Is the digital copy they come with the same as what you would get on the normal Blu Ray?

The world thinking Spider-Man is a villain is interesting and hasn't been done before (except for a brief while in ASM1).

The world knowing he's Peter Parker could be interesting if it doesn't stick. My biggest fear is that it will move MCU Spider-Man even more further away from being a working-class hero. You can't be much of an everyman if the world knows who you are and always targets you. He'll either be on the run or move in with Foggy and the Avengers for protection. Either way, he would cease interacting with everyday people at that point.

Quick OT question about 4k Blu Rays: Is the digital copy they come with the same as what you would get on the normal Blu Ray?

Yes and no. It's a digital copy, sure, but if your digital code is the 4K version, that's how it will display. If you get a Blu-Ray digital version of a film and then a 4K version after that, the digital version will be in 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"