Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers Discussion (Spoilers for Endgame as well)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by samsnee, Apr 23, 2019.

1. samsnee

samsnee Ok

He wasn’t. The writers confirmed that was the real Fury.

2. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Beck did congratulate his one coworker on making up a story about “a guy named Quentin from another universe” or something like that, so I thought that kind of implied it wasn’t his real name.

3. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Back in the service

Well for the purposes of JJJ muckraking just substitute mutant for the MCU "enhanced". He might be an alien, an Inhuman, a super soldier experiment or a human born with the not yet recognized X gene being subsets, but in the end they are all the same. Random people, possible walking nuclear warheads as General Ross said and none of them, except Steve Rogers, were tested for their character before they appeared with powers.

4. spiderman2

spiderman2 Registered

Thought this was interesting about the spiderman movies before Far from home.

5. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

[​IMG]

Snow Queen likes this.
  6. ironwez20

ironwez20 Registered

Nice!!!

7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

But considering the multiverse doesn't exist, does this movie not actually exist? :o

CaptainWagner likes this.
  8. ironwez20

ironwez20 Registered

Well before this was announced mysterio was a fake so

9. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

Maybe, make that part of the plot point, Fury helps set him up with new identity (in some type of superhero wittness relocation ) but Peter can't help but still try to help stop crimes an keeps blowing his cover

shinlyle likes this.
  10. random_havoc

random_havoc The Golden Guardian

Ok I had some really big problems with the movie. Amongst my top are:

1. Makes after credits scenes from the first movie COMPLETELY pointless. What was the point of the after credits scene with Vulture and Scorpion when they don't show up at all in this one? And the big scene about May finding out his identity? It meant basically nothing.
    2. They have one character with a secret identity and they ruin it already? It's only his second friggin movie! Stupid move. Ruins any way for him to interact with all his supporting characters now and takes away one of the things that made him unique in the MCU
    3. The Nick Fury Skrull thing was absolutely pointless AND makes it so we still haven't had any good Nick Fury stuff in years. (and no, how they used him in Captain Marvel wasn't good. A cat took his eye? What kind of people approved that?) They keep tearing him down from being a badass character to a joke. Now instead of having to have tried to save the world in this movie he was on a fake beach vacation in space for no reason that they even bother go give. Wow, what a cool character.
    End of rant.

11. Spidey17

Spidey17 Registered

Might be my new favorite Spider-Man movie; will have to watch it again to make sure. Loved the beginning with Mysterio faking being a superhero and then it just went nuclear once the twist happened. Mysterio was fantastic and his first illusion scene attacking Peter was brilliant. I also loved how Peter defeated Mysterio by using his Peter tingle, just like in the comics. MJ was fantastic this time, although Peter's friends weren't as great overall this time.

I can't wait to possibly see Kraven in the next movie. As long as Watts insists on using new villains, it's either him, Chameleon or Scorpion. Might as well throw Rhino in there, since I don't count his trash cameo in TASM2.

#861 Spidey17, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    AVEITWITHJAMON and shinlyle like this.
  12. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

To be fair, they can still pick up that in the next one. It doesn't make it pointless already.

13. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

Well, he's actually been in 5 MCU movies. Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, Endgame, Far From Home. So, he's had a secret identity for awhile. I do understand your frustration, though. That being said, I look forward to the prospect of it's ramifications. Iron Man didn't matter. He was rich and developed weapons systems. His friends were rich, or his employees, or they were Air Force Colonels...Peter friends are high school students who live around New York. The diversion between he and Tony is probably what they are shooting for.

14. Spidey17

Spidey17 Registered

After finally reading this entire thread, it's hilarious how angry people are getting basically arguing over what defines a perfect burger and fries combo. Let's call the fries Parker/Spidey's personality. I prefer Holland spicy curly fries to Garfield's curly fries to Tobey's regular fries. I prefer Gwen's mushrooms (completely wasted on ASM2) to Michelle's black olives (she knocked it out of the park in FFH) to MJs banana peppers (was the weakest character in the Raimi trilogy). I prefer the friends in MCU Spidey's spinach to the friends in Raimi's trilogies iceberg lettuce. The Raimi's first two villains are Mayo and equal to the MCU Spidey's first two villains spicy mayo. I guess Garfield's Spidey would be mustard, cuz I hate mustard. Stupid Ninja turtle Lizard and electric eels nerd Electro. I like the MCU Spidey taking the risk of outing Peter and would call that crispy bacon. I bet MCU Spidey 3 will be all the better for it and be the best one yet. MCU Spidey's over reliance on Tony/constantly getting his butt whooped (the stupid suit, Friday, I could go on) are onions... and I ****ing hate onions.

Just to make it clear for everyone here who read this and still doesn't understand the difference between facts and opinions, YOUR BURGER IS NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. I know your parents told you it was, but they lied.

#864 Spidey17, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    shinlyle likes this.
  15. JannTosh

JannTosh Registered

Was Talos Nick Fury the whole time? His first scene in the movie when he first meets Peter feels like it could have been the real Fury

16. shinlyle

I just ate, and this post made me hungry again. And I have to go back to work...so no burgers for me.

(good metaphor, though)

Spidey17 likes this.
  17. Venom 1988

Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Yes that was Talos throughout the whole movie.

18. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

oddly enough that was the scene in the trailers that first made me think there was something off about Fury (never saw the Talos twist coming, but suspected he was maybe chameleon, or something)

19. SuperSpidey17

SuperSpidey17 Greatness awaits.

Haven't been on these forums in a couple years. Whatever happened to HarryOscop? That guy still around?

20. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Back in the service

He hasn't been introduced to the MCU, yet

21. Speed Force

Speed Force Hope, help and compassion

He got suspended before or shortly after Homecoming was released

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I like that Fiege confirmed even though Mysterio multiverse story turned out to be fake. Doesn't mean his story actually is. Seems the snap actually did effect realty and the multiverse as well see in Doctor Strange

23. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Looks like the stealbook case cover has been revealed

shinlyle likes this.
  24. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

And it's just as busy as just about every other poster for Far From Home and even Homecoming.

25. shinlyle

Why were the teasers all SO MUCH better than the proper posters? It was the same with Homecoming. It's like Sony said, "If we cannot give away the entire plot in the trailers the way we like to, then we shall try and give it away on the poster!! Arad...use ALL THE IMAGES!!"