Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ned/ Ganke will probably tell Peter how to use his web shooters and how to swing from buildings. After a while, maybe Ned will substitute for Peter in the suit because he's more competent. Peter will be dismayed that Ned will actually be the Spider-Man who makes it into the Avengers.

And Tony will start giving Ned more attention than Peter causing him to get jealous. This would set him down a dark path

Peter having a father-figure being a disgrace to Uncle Ben is a pretty ridiculous argument, especially since in the comics Peter's had several different father figures in his life who help guide him, and plenty of superhero friends he's looked to for support.

Hell, when Peter and MJ were living at the Avengers tower, Stark was occasionally presented as that kind of figure to an adult married Spider-Man. That older wiser friend he could trust.
Like you could make an argument for Robbie or George Stacy but you don't need to when this wouldn't even be the first time Peter and Tony had a mentor relationship.

Agreed. Good post.

Ok, Ned figuring out the gadgets in Peter's suit is a legitimate gripe. One of the scenes I loved from the Civil War comics was when Pete turned on Tony. Tony goes to shut down the Iron Spider suit, but finds out Pete has already discovered this feature and has overridden it.

Yeah, add me into the "not liking Ned being involved with making Pete's gadgets" category.

And Tony will start giving Ned more attention than Peter causing him to get jealous. This would set him down a dark path

He'll make him an Iron Ganke suit. :o

this peter is typical Generation Z guy. so soft so weak. he can't do nothing by himself. but if anything he will atleast portrait everything I despise of this generation on big screen in true colors.

Can't say I like the sound that, but I wonder why Ganke has to do it.

this peter is typical Generation Z guy. so soft so weak. he can't do nothing by himself. but if anything he will atleast portrait everything I despise of this generation on big screen in true colors.
I actually don't disagree. Annoying enough Stark is making the gadgets now Ned will figure out the suit's features using his "gaming skills"? (wtf does being a hardcore gamer have to do with hacking?) Peter seems to rely on other people way too much.

I actually don't disagree. Annoying enough Stark is making the gadgets now Ned will figure out the suit's features using his "gaming skills"? (wtf does being a hardcore gamer have to do with hacking?).

:funny: movie logic for you.

I actually don't disagree. Annoying enough Stark is making the gadgets now Ned will figure out the suit's features using his "gaming skills"? (wtf does being a hardcore gamer have to do with hacking?) Peter seems to rely on other people way too much.

it basically give you thought, if peter didnt get his powers he would be no one. basically powers are what makes him special or what makes his character. and that's not peter.

it basically give you thought, if peter didnt get his powers he would be no one. basically powers are what makes him special or what makes his character. and that's not peter.

That is a lie. He already be Spider-Man saving people before Civil war movie. How he be nobody when he already hero Spider-Man before this movie and Civil war?

Stark to Peter after their eventual fight: "You're a lab experiment, Parker. Everything special about you came out of a spider" :o

Man, I really wanna like this movie but almost nothing I've seen so far has really excited me or boosted my hype (some things have actually done the opposite). At this point Guardians 2 has passed Homecoming as my most anticipated MCU movie for the year

the one thing that really sucks for me is that a serious majority of what we know and got so far has been seriously unappealing (speaking for myself obviously. A majority of posters here seem happy with most of the stuff so far, happy for them at least)

That is a lie. He already be Spider-Man saving people before Civil war movie. How he be nobody when he already hero Spider-Man before this movie and Civil war?
What he means is, Peter would be a nobody if he didn't have powers. There's nothing special about him, he's just an average smart kid (which isn't even unique to him because Tom said in that promo vid that Midtown is a school for budding scientists, everybody in there is as smart as him) And that's not how Peter is suppose to be.

About Ganke and the suit, there are about million ways how that could go. I'll wait till I know more.

What he means is, Peter would be a nobody if he didn't have powers. There's nothing special about him, he's just an average smart kid (which isn't even unique to him because Tom said in that promo vid that Midtown is a school for budding scientists, everybody in there is as smart as him) And that's not how Peter is suppose to be.

Disagreed. I not think average smart kid able to make new webbing formula and webshooters. Tony Stark think that was impressive too. It not easy to impress Tony with Science.

About Ganke and the suit, there are about million ways how that could go. I'll wait till I know more.

Agreed. Minority just want to believe worst.

Disagreed. I not think average smart kid able to make new webbing formula and webshooters. Tony Stark think that was impressive too. It not easy to impress Tony with Science.

Agreed. Minority just want to believe worst.
And that would make him unique if he wasn't going to a school with other geniuses. Who knows what the other smart kids have come up with in Chemistry class?

And that would make him unique if he wasn't going to a school with other geniuses. Who knows what the other smart kids have come up with in Chemistry class?

lol how Peter being put in school with other smart kids not make him unique? You only make believing that other kids could have made scientific inventions as amazing as Peter has. You have no proof. You just making things up to try under sell Peter genius. If other kids making inventions like that they be showing them off. Peter keep his secret for secret identity reasons.

lol how Peter being put in school with other smart kids not make him unique? You only make believing that other kids could have made scientific inventions as amazing as Peter has. You have no proof. You just making things up to try under sell Peter genius. If other kids making inventions like that they be showing them off. Peter keep his secret for secret identity reasons.
It makes him average because everybody (as Tom put it) in the school is just like him. One of the reasons why he was a loner in High-school (which he's confirmed not to be in this movie) was because everybody thought he was lame because of his nerdy fascination with science, getting good grades and being a bookworm. That's one of the reasons why Flash and co use to make fun of him. That dynamic is lost now because they, for some reason have decided to put him in a charter school. And I'm hypothesising. Tom put such an emphasis on his school, there is a possibility we'll see a scene where every kid presents their science project and it's something crazy & cool, just as cool as the Webshooters. (Think Big Hero 6)

So Peter's intelligence and brilliance at creating web shooters, and webbing formula to go with them, is only unique if he's sitting in an average classroom daily?

harry 'logic' at it's finest.

So Peter's intelligence and brilliance at creating web shooters, and webbing formula to go with them, is only unique if he's sitting in an average classroom daily?

harry 'logic' at it's finest.
No. Because it's not an average classroom in an average school with average students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"