Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 102

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already are getting on my nerves dude, you should stop having stabs at Harry, you're just fueling the fire.

Was this really necessary? I said that was the end of it. Harry deserves the 'stabs' he's getting. Even you said "Wtf is he smoking?", said his opinions were stupid, and asked him how old he is.

With Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer being in Homecoming, who do you want to see in the sequel? I'm hoping we get Scorpion or Mysterio. Mysterio could work because of what we've seen in Doctor Strange, maybe it can be something like Shattered Dimensions.

I'd say Scorpion because he'd be really nice to see..but I have a feeling we won't see the Bugle until the College years. Although, they could work it so that he doesn't need to be connected to JJJ.

My pick is Kraven with Mysterio being a villain akin to Shocker in this film. I personally think Kraven has the most to offer of all the 'B' class villains and could actually adapt into an 'A' villain if they chose to really focus on him. He offers multiple revisits, for one, with each being significantly different from before.

Was this really necessary? I said that was the end of it. Harry deserves the 'stabs' he's getting. Even you said "Wtf is he smoking?" and asked him how old he is.

Yeah I made small comments, and I want to know his age to figure out his maturity, not attacking him like you are. anyways, lets just leave it at that and get back to the main topic

Last post on this, harry, because the other posters are getting sick of it, and I'll be damned if I am going to be a source of upset to people here.

Yes you are being a hypocrite, because your post was not based on why are you judging something when we haven't seen a trailer or a few minutes of footage, you were rightly asking why someone would write it off when they haven't seen the movie yet.

You have no info for the likes of Uncle Ben will have no significance on Peter coming from, or Peter acting star struck around the Avengers is unrealistic, or he will never make any more gadgets now etc.

No of course it's not. You shouldn't even ask that. It was an intro to the character. Nothing more. They have not even scratched the surface on the character in those 8 minutes, especially when over half of them were action scenes. Do you think what we saw of Hawkeye in The Avengers for example would have been enough to judge his character in it's entirety? Would you know watching it that he had a wife and kids and a whole other secret private life for instance?

Because I am a fair guy I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there. Choose your wording more carefully in future if you don't want to come off as having a subtle dig.

They'd have to ignore half the forum here because someone is always quoting your posts to argue your nonsensical rants, including my good self. That would hardly be fair when they enjoy reading the opinions of those who choose to address you.
Okay, fair enough. I promise to stop complaining for the time being. But the next time Tom/Watts/Merch or etc reveal info I don't agree with, I'll be waiting.

you sound 12

You just got mad at the Joker for fueling the fire and now you say this? I certainly agree with you, but that's adding fuel to the fire if I've ever seen it.

Geez, people. See what Harry does around here?

Welcome to the jungle.

you sound 12
oka.gif

Okay, fair enough. I promise to stop complaining for the time being. But the next time Tom/Watts/Merch or etc reveal info I don't agree with, I'll be waiting.

Good. When the movie comes out, and if you still feel this way, then nobody can deride you for it because at least then you'll be making opinions based on having seen the actual movie.

Yeah I made small comments, and I want to know his age to figure out his maturity, not attacking him like you are. anyways, lets just leave it at that and get back to the main topic

No, not getting back on topic just yet. You don't single me out as fueling a fire that has already been burning for months, especially when plenty of other people here are sick of him e.g.;

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34774461&postcount=926

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34774501&postcount=929

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34774635&postcount=937

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34774623&postcount=936

As you've been told several times now, nobody is roasting him. They're just addressing the very prevalent issue of his annoying daily baseless complaining. Making "small comments" is no different. Especially when you say something like this;

you sound 12

Now we can get back on topic.

I'd say Scorpion because he'd be really nice to see..but I have a feeling we won't see the Bugle until the College years. Although, they could work it so that he doesn't need to be connected to JJJ.

My pick is Kraven with Mysterio being a villain akin to Shocker in this film. I personally think Kraven has the most to offer of all the 'B' class villains and could actually adapt into an 'A' villain if they chose to really focus on him. He offers multiple revisits, for one, with each being significantly different from before.

For a Kraven movie I'd work with that connection to the chameleon and play it up, so that he has been hunting him for killing their father and this leads him to New York where he is working for Norman Osborn commiting corporate espionage causing Kraven to clash with Spidey with him trying to persuade him to not choose vengeance but him being unsuccessful and he is forced to make sure he doesn't kill Chameleon. Originally I'd had Toomes's company as the target setting up for a Vulture villain sequel movie.

This thread reminds me of a f***ing South Park episode
[YT]9gSQg1i_q2g[/YT]

Haven't been on this thread in a while so thought I'd share my thoughts on Spider-Man Homecoming so far, just to see if anyone else agrees
So first I hated the idea of Iron Man, let alone Tony being in the movie, but now it doesn't bother me as much and I think it's good that he is in it because then we can go "wow Spidey is with Tony Stark, he really is in the MCU". Even though I don't want to see too much of Tony Stark being Peter's mentor because Peter should be independent, I think having Tony as a mentor will actually make Peter seem more independent because he will rebel against Tony as we see in the trailer (and also goes with Joan Jett's - Bad Reputation which was in the comiccon trailer) That's just my take on things, what do you guys think?

It's like you read my mind buddy :up:
fully agree with this

Okay guys let's quit roasting Harry and find something else to talk about. With Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer being in Homecoming, who do you want to see in the sequel? I'm hoping we get Scorpion or Mysterio. Mysterio could work because of what we've seen in Doctor Strange, maybe it can be something like Shattered Dimensions.

My ideal plot would reference the Netflix shows a bit. Basically, in the wake of Kingpin's incarceration there's a vacuum at the top of the criminal empire in New York which causes the likes of Tombstone, Roderick Kingsley & Hammerhead to compete with each other over who would be the new 'kingpin of crime'. Maybe, one side would hire the Enforcers, someone would enlist the help of the Chameleon etc which would strain Peter because of the increase in crime rates and the sheer volume of street level villains he'd have to contend with. Of course, with the whole ordeal with the movies never referencing the TV Shows, it's not likely to come to pass any time soon.

The Scorpion storyline is one I'd also like to see on-screen, although I'm not sure what capacity of importance the Bugle will have in the HS trilogy so it may not happen until college/adulthood. Kraven would also be interesting.

For a Kraven movie I'd work with that connection to the chameleon and play it up, so that he has been hunting him for killing their father and this leads him to New York where he is working for Norman Osborn commiting corporate espionage causing Kraven to clash with Spidey with him trying to persuade him to not choose vengeance but him being unsuccessful and he is forced to make sure he doesn't kill Chameleon. Originally I'd had Toomes's company as the target setting up for a Vulture villain sequel movie.

That'd be cool. :up:

As I said, Kraven can work in a lot of different ways.

I reckon they'll save Kraven for Symbiote Spidey (if they end up doing symbiote)
I know it most likely won't happen, but imagine a symbiote netflix series, even just like 4 or 5 episodes, so we can see the sheer violence of Kraven and Symbiote Spidey without having to worry about the PG film ratings

Okay guys let's quit roasting Harry and find something else to talk about. With Vulture, Shocker and Tinkerer being in Homecoming, who do you want to see in the sequel? I'm hoping we get Scorpion or Mysterio. Mysterio could work because of what we've seen in Doctor Strange, maybe it can be something like Shattered Dimensions.
Scorpion is an interesting one - because he was intended to be a hero, wasn't he? Jameson went along with the idea because he thought Spider-Man was a public menace - mostly due to his own jealousy and paranoia. But Mac Garagn was pretty much the worst possible choice. Completely mentally unstable, eventually started living in a sewer and believing he was a literal scorpion, and is actually a cannibal as well.

The problem is that Jameson is meant to be a blowhard, but still a decent and likeable character in his way. How can an audience still like him if he's stupid enough to help this sleazy dirtbag get superpowers and go on a crime spree?

Eww, no. By all right, he would be a first act joke. Osborne has no business fighting Tony; the only reason he did as well as he did in Dark Reign was because the writers broke their own backs bending over to give him unearned resources.

Spider-man's greatest foe a first act joke for Iron-man Oh OK then. :dry:

Last edited:
Spider-man's greatest foe a first act joke for Iron-man Oh OK then. :dry:

That's probably how they'll proceed at the end of Homecoming so that Spidey doesn't tread over the same territory as Iron Man and the Avengers but can continue crime fighting. Iron Man will send him all his first act jokes.

Norman isn't a joke, but I don't necessarily think he should be able to stand up to someone like Iron Man - for the very simple reason that Norman's mental illness is a genuine disability. He's schizophrenic, suffering from auditory and visual hallucinations, delusions and so on.
It's not like a lazy character like The Joker, who we're supposed to believe is crazy because they keep saying it over and over. Osborn actually has to take medication, there are stories where he's in denial about his own condition.

When he DID achieve a level of success with the Thunderbolts, he ended up screwing things up because he could no longer control his mental problems.
Someone with a level head, like Iron Man, will always be a superior planner to a guy essentially working with both hands tied behind his back.

So I was watching the trailer again and reading some other thoughts online of it and someone pointed out something I never noticed before:
The scene where Spidey get's slammed into a school bus, he's wearing the prototype suit.
AtDUeK9.jpg

In the international trailer we see Bokeem Woodbine with a Shocker gauntlet/device around School buses at night and punch one at Spidey, so either Spidey has met Shocker before Civil War or Shocker is helping Vulture fight Spidey in Homecoming. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Last edited:
Huh, never noticed it's the proto suit. I wonder when that scene takes place.

So I was watching the trailer again and reading some other thoughts online of it and someone pointed out something I never noticed before:
The scene where Spidey get's slammed into a school bus, he's wearing the prototype suit.
AtDUeK9.jpg

In the international trailer we see Bokeem Woodbine with a Shocker gauntlet/device around School buses at night and punch one at Spidey, so either Spidey has met Shocker before Civil War or Shocker is helping Vulture fight Spidey in Homecoming. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Interesting. Never caught that before. Why would he revert back to the proto suit I wonder. Did the other one get damaged or is this some kind of flashback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"