Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 113

Has anyone else just taken a minute to think about the fact that, in a span of 15 years, we're on our third separate continuity of theatrical Spider-Man films? The first two of which never made it to the formation of the Sinister Six? Something else. Loved Homecoming, though. Great film.

I feel like this is part of the reason Homecoming impressed me so much. The trailers made it feel so meh Imo, and I did not think a third franchise was going to bode well. I still don't know if we will get a Spider-man with the Sinister Six though. Sony might not allow Marvel to use all those villains, or could even make a spin-off SS movie without Spider-man. If we do get one though, I really hope Vulture is not involved. I really feel like Homecoming finished his character arc. I love the ending.

How would you guys feel about Morbius in the sequel? Personally not a big fan of the idea...

How would you guys feel about Morbius in the sequel? Personally not a big fan of the idea...

I'd be down for it. I feel like it would be really unique for a cbm. Maybe go with another two villain movie and have both him and Scorpion.

Michael Morbius is a character that, ideally, I would've wanted to see in Wesley Snipes' Blade franchise, and I know it was considered. But since those days are gone, I'd take him in a Spidey film.

I'd be down for Morbius, he'd definitely be different. I dunno if he'd match well with Scorpion, though. Maybe make him second to Kraven, make Morbius kind of an anti-hero; he's been that in the comics for a while anyway.

Here's the thing though, I feel like having Morbius in the movie just invites them to turn it into a backdoor pilot for Blade, which I hate. With the exception of Daredevil, I want Spidey's movies to focus on Spidey. The other characters got two movies on their own before they got turned into crossover events.

Wouldn't mind it one bit he was awesome in the 90s show and would like to see him in a movie. When do you guys think we will find out the villain for the next movie?

Probably after Infinity War is my guess.

Probably after Infinity War is my guess.

Was just looking that comes out in early may next year around a year maybe a little more before the next Spider-Man movie comes out so yeah that would maybe be the time we find out who the villain is and I am sure late next year we will get the first trailer for the movie to. Any idea when we may get the first IW trailer?

Was just looking that comes out in early may next year around a year maybe a little more before the next Spider-Man movie comes out so yeah that would maybe be the time we find out who the villain is and I am sure late next year we will get the first trailer for the movie to. Any idea when we may get the first IW trailer?

Around Halloween, before Thor.

I'd be down for it. I feel like it would be really unique for a cbm. Maybe go with another two villain movie and have both him and Scorpion.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about Morbius but I think he'd fit in well with the high school angle.

Around Halloween, before Thor.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about Morbius but I think he'd fit in well with the high school angle.

Oh ok yeah I didn't think about Thor but I guess that makes sinces. Some studios release trailers for movies like a year before they come out but MCU movies don't tend to have trailers like that early.

Just found out from a friend that Karen the A.I. was Jennifer Connelly, the wife of Paul J.A.R.V.I.S./Vision Bettany.

Can we make an acronym for K.A.R.E.N.? Not sure where to begin with "K" unless we make it C.A.R.E.N. and "C" stands for "Computerized" something.

It feels like 2004 around here, with all the positive Spidey movie buzz from fans. Geeking out and happiness about a great Spidey movie. Seriously it's been 13 long years since the forums were like this.

It feels like 2004 around here, with all the positive Spidey movie buzz from fans. Geeking out and happiness about a great Spidey movie. Seriously it's been 13 long years since the forums were like this.

its-good-to-have-you-back-spiderman-ig-villains-whos-16074699.png

This is a great year for Spidey.

Dang, at the age of 50, I've been pleasantly surprise that all of the comic movies released this year have been solid! Usually by now at least one dud will pop up. What an awesome time.

You know one thing that pleasantly surprised me about this movie, Spidey's CGI. This was actually a BIG point of contention for me prior to release because in Civil War, Spider-man looked like a walking cartoon to me. I don't know if the CGI wasn't polished or if it was the fact that in was filmed in broad daylight but Spidey in that movie didn't look tangible or that he had real dimension to him as opposed to the Raimi and Webb films. And the way he looked in the trailers...yikes.

But in the actual movie, he looked very good and real, and the suit looked real cool in motion. Although there were still some cartoony CGI moments, for the most part it looked like Holland was actually wearing a real suit.

You know one thing that pleasantly surprised me about this movie, Spidey's CGI. this was actually a BIG point of contention for me because in Civil War, Spider-man looked like a walking cartoon to me. i don't know if the CGI wasn't polished or if it was the fact that in was filmed in broad daylight but Spidey in that movie didn't look tangible or that he had real dimension to him like Raimi and Webb's films.

Homecoming fixed it, though. Although there were still some cartoony CGI moments, for the most part it looked like Holland was actually wearing a real suit.

The suit looked a lot more cloth like instead of rubbery. I know there was a practical suit in Civil War, but I wonder if they changed materials slightly.

The suit looked a lot more cloth like instead of rubbery. I know there was a practical suit in Civil War, but I wonder if they changed materials slightly.

The practical suit in civil war was a completely different design and it didnt fit Holland properly so thats probably why.

Yes I'd like to see him and it would probably work best in a 2 villain film.

I'd rather just see Scorpion in the sequel. Maybe some petty thugs like the Enforcers as well.

No, everyone BUT Peter was race swapped!

....And? None of those characters were characters whose race was intrinsic to who they were. They got good actors for all the roles. That's not an agenda, it's just good casting. And I live in NYC, having an all white supporting cast would be almost more unrealistic than the Vulture existing in our world.

I am beyond tired right now but I thought I would pop in real quick to say I loved it. Absolutely loved it. I have some issues with Homecoming but this was a great movie and a great Peter/Spider-Man story. So happy.

It's seriously a rebirth. Have you guys seen Insomniac's ps4 game? So good to be a Spidey fan right now. It's been SO long.

I'm devastated that the Insomniac game is Ps4 exclusive. Seriously, it looks amazing and the last Spidey game i enjoyed was Web of Shadows. is there any chance it will get a port in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"