Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 113

It doesn't necessarily mean they would need to utilize the symbiote in their second movie. It could attach to the Iron Spider costume and hide out in Stark's place after Peter returns the suit. At least setting it up could put it on the back burner should they ever return to the idea.

Good point!

What if (big what if because my jaw would hit the ground if they did this) Peter gets the symbiote suit after he gets his butt kicked by Thanos, realises it's too dangerous so he asks Dr Strange to keep it hidden away with magic and then they save it for a future movie? Perhaps one involving the Sinister Six?

Last edited:
^ Hopefully, news that Venom.is indeed in the MCU, co-produced by Feige.
I think Spider-Man 2 is too early for that.

If it's about the Silver and Black, Morbius, Kraven or Mysterio movies then I'm gonna facepalm through my head.

If Venom ends up being MCU and produced by Feige then it may open the door to r-rated MCU movies which would be pretty cool. Probably not gonna happen though.

Well they will have to start pre-production on the next Spidey soon. A title reveal would be cool.

Venom being in the MCU is the best possible Spidey-related news we could get right now. ONE, it means that Holland's series won't be kept from accessing the symbiote and other things Sony wants to play around with. And TWO, it means that the MCU is finally open to R rated films!

Well they will have to start pre-production on the next Spidey soon. A title reveal would be cool.

Actually, on second thought, yeah, maybe it's not that early for some Spider-Man 2 news.
But nah, there is time for that, I really really want Venom in the MCU news :( :(

Venom being in the MCU is the best possible Spidey-related news we could get right now. ONE, it means that Holland's series won't be kept from accessing the symbiote and other things Sony wants to play around with. And TWO, it means that the MCU is finally open to R rated films!

And Tom hardy in the mcu.

But then I think back to Avi Arad being involved with the Venom movie and then all my hopes and dreams get crushed.

''The untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel is expected to start filming in April or May 2018''

I loved Homecoming, so I'm super excited for any upcoming casting news. The villain especially.

Well, Scorpion should be a given. Hopefully.

I'm so happy with the fact that we're getting a chance to see different Spidey villains.

I know it'd never happen and Spider only fans would hate it. But if Peter's hit it off in Infinity War maybe Spider-Man could spend summer vacation in space with GotG

Its a bit odd that Spidey barely defeats Vulture and is now fighting Thanos now.All subsequent villains he faces will now feel like a downgrade. Or do the events of Homecoming 2 take place before Infinity Wars?

Feige kept talking about this Sony deal not being something that will continue forever. I am assuming the third Spiderman movie will somehow finish with him being moved out of this reality or at least the version of the MCU that is gonna be real by then.

I hope to God I am totally completely wrong about this though. :(

Feige kept talking about this Sony deal not being something that will continue forever. I am assuming the third Spiderman movie will somehow finish with him being moved out of this reality or at least the version of the MCU that is gonna be real by then.

I hope to God I am totally completely wrong about this though. :(

Even if true, that's still a few years away. Deals change all the time.

Its a bit odd that Spidey barely defeats Vulture and is now fighting Thanos now.All subsequent villains he faces will now feel like a downgrade. Or do the events of Homecoming 2 take place before Infinity Wars?

Considering this is just the starting point for new characters being introduced, and the growth of relatively new characters, you could say that it would be a waste of time for all because nobody will ever face a villain like Thanos again.

I don't see how it will devalue them or make them less interesting.

Homecoming has been growing in me a little after a few re-watches. I still have huge problems with the movie, mainly the lack of Uncle Ben, especially in the ‘come on Spider-Man!’ Scene, but the good moments are really good and the main cast members are really good.

If they're going to do a callback or whatever, I'd rather they take the time and do it properly and not rushed, or a complete rehash of what was before.

Still feels a little too fresh from the previous movies to have that in the very first MCU Spidey. IMO.

If they're going to do a callback or whatever, I'd rather they take the time and do it properly and not rushed, or a complete rehash of what was before.

Still feels a little too fresh from the previous movies to have that in the very first MCU Spidey. IMO.

You mean for Uncle Ben? I disagree, I think they could have handled it subtly. Basically, have Peter hear what Stark says in the scene and he just starts crying, then he hears Uncle Ben’s voice and that’s what gives him the motivation to get out of the rubble. I think it would have made that scene so much stronger.

Peter only mentioning him once and not even by name just didn’t sit right with me.

To each their own, but I like the fresh approach they gave it. :up:

You mean for Uncle Ben? I disagree, I think they could have handled it subtly. Basically, have Peter hear what Stark says in the scene and he just starts crying, then he hears Uncle Ben’s voice and that’s what gives him the motivation to get out of the rubble. I think it would have made that scene so much stronger.

Peter only mentioning him once and not even by name just didn’t sit right with me.

Its almost like another studio obtained the rights to Uncle Ben and so they can't say his name. Amazing Spiderman 1 got a lot of heat from critics when they did the Uncle Ben dying again thing, but banning any mention of his name was a bit much.

Its almost like another studio obtained the rights to Uncle Ben and so they can't say his name. Amazing Spiderman 1 got a lot of heat from critics when they did the Uncle Ben dying again thing, but banning any mention of his name was a bit much.

Agreed, and if not mention him by name, at least allude to his existence more than once.

Agreed, and if not mention him by name, at least allude to his existence more than once.

They originally intended to put a direct reference to Uncle Ben via Peter being given some of Uncle Ben's clothes for the homecoming dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"