Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - Part 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
... they make that kid show..... and decided to do it that way... marvel literally decided the way they did that show is a good idea... and that is? It's terrifying.

I'm pretty sure for the most part the guys who make the cartoons are separated from the guys who make the movies. So marvel animation made spidey that way. It's not representative of what the movies will be like. Sony made Spectacular spider-man, doesn't mean that their movies were anything like the show.

People are praising Spider-Man left and right and that doesn't come from granted.

Trust me, if there's ONE studio in Hollywood that you can trust to your superhero fix, that's Marvel Studios. They know what they are doing, there's absolutely nothing to be worried about, and soon we'll be able to watch his first appearance in the MCU and I couldn't be more pumped about it. :woot:
Well except for those Thor movies...in my opinion. I don't trust them with those.

I'm not disputing what's good and what's not.

I'm just saying there will be some USM elements in this new series based on the fact that it's profitable and popular. All merchandise you see in regards to Spider-Man is USM nowadays. Add in the fact the series' ratings have been quite good and the demographic (kids) is working and it just makes logical sense.

As I said though, the difference maker will be how much inspiration is involved in regards to it.

:up:

Yup. I'd expect the team ups with other heroes will be a big part of it. The moving eyes are seen by fans as classic comic Spidey. But they can also be seen as inspired by USM. Kids love that show. So they'll throw in some stuff here and there that was inspired by it.

Cf5ifCIXIAQau4X

I am not worthy.

I'm just saying there will be some USM elements in this new series based on the fact that it's profitable and popular. All merchandise you see in regards to Spider-Man is USM nowadays. Add in the fact the series' ratings have been quite good and the demographic (kids) is working and it just makes logical sense.

As I said though, the difference maker will be how much inspiration is involved in regards to it.
They better be careful with how much inspiration they take from it, because otherwise they run the risk of alienating Spidey fans.

The show isn't what's really profitable though, it's spidey himself... the name.

The show isn't raking people in

I'm a big fan of this title. The font is so whimsical, too (the Spidey head for the O is fun)!

It's all so lowkey. It's not Dawn of The Rise of The Age of Ultron Rise of The Planet of The Dark World of Apes of Extinction of Justice.

It's all very telling of what kind of tone they're going for and it makes me really excited because it feels like they're going to nail Spidey's world. I've got faith in Kevin Feige steering this ship, they get every hero so right, and we already are getting overwhelmingly positive responses to his appearance in Civil War.

I love the logo. I don't love the title.

The show isn't what's really profitable though, it's spidey himself... the name.

The show isn't raking people in

It rakes kids in. And they keep watching. There will be a whole new generation of Spidey fans who will have been introduced to the character via USM.

It takes kids in. And they keep watching. There will be a whole new generation of Spidey fans who will have been introduced to the character via USM.
Because kids watch anything with superheroes in it. And they've probably seen the movies.

Not crazy about the title, but at the end of the day it's not going to stop people from seeing it.

It rakes kids in. And they keep watching. There will be a whole new generation of Spidey fans who will have been introduced to the character via USM.

And that's the extra scary part... guess what happens when they don't like a movie spidey who's not like the spidey story they grew up thinking he was like...

Now that the logo is In HD now, I still love how it is like both the comics logo and Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon logo! Rocks even more now because of this!

And that's the extra scary part... guess what happens when they don't like a movie spidey who's not like the spidey story they grew up thinking he was like...
Not only there will be kids that say: Where's Nova? Why there is no monkey screeches?
But also kids that say: Where is Goblin? Why doesn't this Spider-Man have ruffled hipster hair?

Not the title I was hoping for but at the end of the day I don't care. Just give me a great Spider-Man movie. He hasn't had 1 since 2004!

I love that little Spidey head for the o. :woot:

Don't really like the "homecoming" subtitle but I'm just excited for a brand new Spidey film within the MCU :up:

Gotta love that the logo includes the classic yellow and red lettering along with the classic curve it has to it. And yes! The Spidey head on the "O" is perfect!

Yes. To them that show IS Spider-Man. So making little nods to it is profitable for Disney.
They'll see the movie because it says Spider-Man, it's not going to make a difference if they make references to that crap show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"