Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna be really excited for this movie, but I feel as though I'm not as excited as I am for this as I was for Amazing Spider-Man 2 because I don't want Iron Man or Cap or any other Avenger in the movie, I just want it to be Peter's movie!

100% agreed for me as well

100% agreed for me as well

So then you were both disappointed when you saw Spidey in Civil War. Because, you know, that was Cap's movie and that means only Cap has to show up.

People need to get over it. If they're gonna keep tossing Spider-Man at people they need to do something to avoid serving them the same old meal. A Spider-Man film with other Marvel superheroes in it is as of yet untapped territory that will bring buzz. I don't know why anyone here thought Marvel and Sony would work together on a Spider-Man movie and not include other Marvel superheroes. That's the entire appeal of having the character in a shared universe.

Bingo

As long as the character retains the majority of the limelight in his own movie, it's all golden.

In Civil War he overshadowed Iron Man with just 1/10th of the screen time. And people are still concerned. I don't get it.

In Civil War he overshadowed Iron Man with just 1/10th of the screen time. And people are still concerned. I don't get it.

Me neither. I think some just like to worry about everything going wrong but I'm sure it'll be fine. Stuff can go extremely wrong without other heroes, as we've seen, so this doesn't matter to me at all and could actually be very refreshing for a Spidey flick.

I am sure Tony will end up being a damsel in this flick that Spidey has to save, completing some passing of the torch arc or something.

I wonder if we'll get a scene of Harry and MJ doing 'The Twist'?

So then you were both disappointed when you saw Spidey in Civil War. Because, you know, that was Cap's movie and that means only Cap has to show up.
Ehm... But it was also an adaptation of the Civil War comic (where truth be told, focused equally on both sides, and certain characters even got their own solo comics for the event) so it made sense for there to be as many heroes as possible. They chose that story for Cap 3, It was huge-scale film... Same can't be said for Homecoming, for which we've been told will be smaller-scale than all previous Spidey movies & have smaller, personal stakes.

I just need another pie scene.

Ehm... But it was also an adaptation of the Civil War comic (where truth be told, focused equally on both sides, and certain characters even got their own solo comics for the event) so it made sense for there to be as many heroes as possible. They chose that story for Cap 3, It was huge-scale film... Same can't be said for Homecoming, for which we've been told will be smaller-scale than all previous Spidey movies & have smaller, personal stakes.

Even the non-ensemble movies are beginning to feature other heroes in them. See Ant-Man and Thor: Ragnarok. That's what the MCU will be doing going forward.

Exactly. We live in a post-Avengers superhero movie world. A solo movie doesn't stop being so just because it has people from other franchises.

I just need another pie scene.

Even the non-ensemble movies are beginning to feature other heroes in them. See Ant-Man and Thor: Ragnarok. That's what the MCU will be doing going forward.
Sure 'bout that? :hmm What about Dr. Strange, Black Panther or Guardians. Nobody outside of their Mythos is showing up in their movies as far as we know. & i'm not even sure Ant-Man & Wasp because both characters are from the same franchise & Ant-Man and Wasp have a long history of advantures together in the comics. Homecoming for all intents and purposes should have been a movie like Dr. Strange where it focuses on Peter Parker, setting up his huge mythos/characters/locations in the MCU instead of Iron Man/Stark

I changed my banter about RDJ int his movie. At beggining I didn like like much but now I actually want Tony/Iron Man in the movie. And Cap is welcome also. Cameo would be nice.

What about Dr. Strange

Don't know yet. Too soon. We didn't know Falcon was in Ant-Man until very close to the movie's premier.

Black Panther

Once again, too soon to know one way or another. But given the way Civil War ends they will almost certainly be having at least one other superhero in it. It's set up in the post-credits.

or Guardians.

Guardians is already an ensemble movie. Did you not see the "even the non-ensemble movies"?

Ant-Man & Wasp

The movie comes out between Infinity War 1 and 2 and Ant-Man should be a fugitive after the events of Civil War. It will very likely have at least a cameo from another hero.

Not to mention Ant-Man and the Wasp is already a team up film.

Don't know yet. Too soon. We didn't know Falcon was in Ant-Man until very close to the movie's premier.
We're five months away from the movie.. Didn't we find out about Falcon two months before release in a tv spot? and even then, nobody fits into Strange's origin story besides Thor (which he's definitely not showing up) so it would be odd & borderline shoe-horn territory.

Once again, too soon to know one way or another. But given the way Civil War ends they will almost certainly be having at least one other superhero in it. It's set up in the post-credits.
That's debatable.
For all we know, Bucky shouldn't come out of the ice/cryo-freeze until the Infinity War movies. I don't see a reason for T'Challa to unfreeze him. Plus Feige said 90%. of the cast will be African or African-American. No room for any Avengers.

The movie comes out between Infinity War 1 and 2 and Ant-Man should be a fugitive after the events of Civil War. It will very likely have at least a cameo from another hero.
No, that doesn't mean anybody besides Wasp will show up, just because he's now on the run mean an Avenger will be in the movie.

Last edited:
We're five months away from the movie.. Didn't we find out about Falcon two months before release in a tv spot? and even then, nobody fits into Strange's origin story besides Thor (which he's definitely not showing up) so it would be odd & borderline shoe-horn territory.

Characters cameo all the time without having a direct relation.

That's debatable.
For all we know, Bucky shouldn't come out of the ice/cryo-freeze until the Infinity War movies. I don't see a reason for T'Challa to unfreeze him. Plus Feige said 90%. of the cast will be African or African-American. No room for any Avengers.

90 percent is not a hundred. And it was actually
Cap who has the easiest chance of showing up.

No, that doesn't mean anybody besides Wasp will show up, just because he's now on the run mean an Avenger will be in the movie.

Someone will probably show up. It doesn't matter that Wasp is already in it. They already had Falcon in the first one. There's nothing stopping them from having someone else show up.

And even if by some miracle Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp have no other Marvel characters or heroes in them in any capacity (which I highly doubt) it doesn't change the fact that Spider-Man is not the only MCU movie having other characters show up in it. That's something they've been doing recently and clearly intend to keep doing in the future.

Last edited:
Characters cameo all the time without having a direct relation.
If you mean like "Cap in Dark World" type cameo then yeah.

[quote[90 percent is not a hundred. And it was actually
[/quote] Yeah, but Klaw, Everret Ross and other non-Avengers could easily fill out the other 10%.
And seeing as Cap is on the run, I don't think he has any time to check up on Bucky unless T'Challa is harboring Cap in Wakanda which I doubt.

Someone will probably show up. It doesn't matter that Wasp is already in it. They already had Falcon in the first one. There's nothing stopping them from having someone else show up.

And even if by some miracle Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp have no other Marvel characters or heroes in them in any capacity (which I highly doubt) it doesn't change the fact that Spider-Man is not the only MCU movie having other characters show up in it. That's something they've been doing recently and clearly intend to keep doing in the future.
Wasp already fills out the hero quota, nobody else has any reason to be in it other than to show up "just because".

And yeah, Stark is gonna show up and be sho-horned into the mythos regardless of what we want. (I mean messing with Aunt May & ****) it's either get with the program or GTFO and not bother with the movie. I'm not ready to take the latter option 'cause Tom's perfect interpretation of the character, the suit and some of the casting. (namely Keaton) There's a lot to be excited about. So far Stark is the only con, I would've taken ANYBODY but him but alas.

I

[quote[90 percent is not a hundred. And it was actually

Yeah, but Klaw, Everret Ross and other non-Avengers could easily fill out the other 10%.
And seeing as Cap is on the run, I don't think he has any time to check up on Bucky unless T'Challa is harboring Cap in Wakanda which I doubt.

We don't know he's on the run. He might be hiding out in Wakanda.

Wasp already fills out the hero quota, nobody else has any reason to show up other than to show up "just because".

There's no "quota". You're just pulling stuff out air for your argument. The movie is two years away. You can argue I may not know if there are other heroes in it, but you don't know for certain there aren't. So using it as an example of how Spider-Man is being singled out and Marvel isn't using movies for crossovers is premature.

And yeah, Stark is gonna show up and be sho-horned into the mythos regardless of what we want.

What you want. Many others are just fine with it.

Yeah, but Klaw, Everret Ross and other non-Avengers could easily fill out the other 10%.

We don't know he's on the run. He might be hiding out in Wakanda.
Wouldn't Wakanda become an enemy of the UN if they were hiding known terrorist and a fugitive?

There's no "quota". You're just pulling stuff out air for your argument. The movie is two years away. You can argue I may not know if there are other heroes in it, but you don't know for certain there aren't. So using it as an example of how Spider-Man is being singled out and Marvel isn't using movies for crossovers is premature.
At what point does it become a vehicle for crossovers as opposed to an Ant-Man/Wasp team-up? Plus you were originally arguing that somebody is likely to show up.

What you want. Many others are just fine with it.
I know Spidey fans on other sites like Comicvine who are also worried/displeased about Stark in this movie. Plus many people on this very forum have expressed their disappointment with the news. So it's not just "me" who is dissappointed.

Wouldn't Wakanda become an enemy of the UN if they were hiding known terrorist and a fugitive?

That's the whole point of the "Let them" line.

Plus you were originally arguing that somebody is likely to show up.

Uh, I never said anything against anybody showing up. I said that even if there isn't, the movie is two years away, so it's entirely too soon to definitively say there won't be any other superheroes featured in the movie.

I know Spidey fans on other sites like Comicvine who are also worried/displeased about Stark in this movie.

I'm sure there are, but probably not a huge number in comparison to the general audience. I would be very surprised if a Spider-Man movie with an appearance from Iron Man doesn't easily outgross the last two Spider-Man solo movies.

If the movie is garbage, an appearance from Iron Man won't mean ****. :shrug:

People need to get over it. If they're gonna keep tossing Spider-Man at people they need to do something to avoid serving them the same old meal. A Spider-Man film with other Marvel superheroes in it is as of yet untapped territory that will bring buzz. I don't know why anyone here thought Marvel and Sony would work together on a Spider-Man movie and not include other Marvel superheroes. That's the entire appeal of having the character in a shared universe.

This! I know people who are burned out on Spider-Man and after the ASM series said they would never pay to see another Spidey movie unless he was with the Avengers. Well after seeing Civil War, they are pretty excited for another Spidey film. I mean making this deal was the whole point right? To see him with other Superheros in the MCU...something we've never seen before. Heck we've never seen him outside of NYC until Civil War. We already had 5 Spidey movies with the same ol same ol. I am more than happy to see Peter interact with Tony more since I thought their scenes were some of the best things about Civil War. And judging from my audience reaction everytime I've seen the movie, they did to.

I doubt Tony will overshadow Spider-Man.

All the films seem to have Avenger cameos

Spidey=Stark

Thor=Hulk

Black Panther=Bettting On Cap or Bucky being unfrozen...for whatever reason

Ant Man and Wasp=Actually I think they might try to let this one stand on its own, see hownit does on its own to legs since Ant-Man is established. But since he was on team Cap...Cap.

Captain Marvel=Depending on the origin, how much of it takes place in space and the position heroes are in in regards after the first IW. I'd say we have a chance for Iron Man, Cap, Nick Fury, One of the Guardians, Thanos and a few others.

Guardians and Avengers dont count since they're already team ups. Hell Infinity War its own is setting itself up to ve the team up to end all team ups. Im pretty sure after IW, Marvel gonna have to dig deep to find something to outdo it

We could get more 'solo' films after the Infinity War saga as that's going to have massive implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"