Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I'd love to hear what Sony ruined regarding Raimi's Spider-man 2, which I consider to be a near-perfect superhero film.

Interesting. I'd love to hear what Sony ruined regarding Raimi's Spider-man 2, which I consider to be a near-perfect superhero film.

Spider-Man 2 was good, but he took his mask off way too much throughout all 3 movies.

Marvel will make the best Spider-Man movie with Homecoming. I could tell how long they have wanted this moment.

I love the Raimi films. They're amongst my favorite superhero films (even 3 in a weird way) but what I saw in Civil War was something that was almost indistinguishable from what the character is in animated and comic format. Flawless.

Agreed. Now let's hope the next movie will be of the same calibre as the Spider-Man we saw in Civil War. SM2 gonna be hard to beat.

Marvel will make the best Spider-Man movie with Homecoming. I could tell how long they have wanted this moment.

I love the Raimi films. They're amongst my favorite superhero films (even 3 in a weird way) but what I saw in Civil War was something that was almost indistinguishable from what the character is in animated and comic format. Flawless.
Hear, hear!

We get RDJ in a Spidey movie and instead of being grateful we're now jealous that he might steal Spidey's thunder. The children inside of all of you would be ashamed of yourselves.

Yes, how dare us not drink the same amount of kool-aid as everyone else. :o

And now you're kicked outta the club. Da MCU ain't for ppl like u. :o

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23186-1432936457-6.gif

No, but what would even be the point to have RDJ in the film for a role like that? We know it'll obviously be much more than that.

Ok, how about 80% RDJ and Marisa Tomei scenes, with a bit of Spidey thrown in for good measure? :oldrazz:

They can rename it "Only You Two". :o

I want an Iron Man v Spidey fight scene if Stark is appearing. If they can come up with a good reason.

I want an Iron Man v Spidey fight scene if Stark is appearing. If they can come up with a good reason.

Perhap's Arnim Zola's consciousness is still alive and infects Tony's tech? It would be sweet just to hear Zola call him "Spidamun".

I see we're still complaining about RDJ's role in Homecoming. Never mind the fact that most people came away from Civil War talking about how awesome Spider-man was in his <10 minutes of screen time, we're going to keep complaining about RDJ "outshining" Marvel's crown jewel in his own MCU movie even though we have literally no reason to think that's the case.
Carry on.

We all know that was over a decade ago with a very different Sony.

Well, almost ruined. They had wanted Doc Ock, The Lizard, Green Goblin II and Black Cat. After that, they condensed it to Doc Ock and wanted him to be younger, be a romantic interest to MJ, and have him be the creator of the spider that bit Peter. Also, he wanted Spider-Man's spine to save himself, as his original tentacles served as life support.

Finally, they just used what was originally intended for The Lizard and gave most of it to Doc Ock and viola -- Spider-Man 2. :oldrazz:

Well, almost ruined. They had wanted Doc Ock, The Lizard, Green Goblin II and Black Cat. After that, they condensed it to Doc Ock and wanted him to be younger, be a romantic interest to MJ, and have him be the creator of the spider that bit Peter. Also, he wanted Spider-Man's spine to save himself, as his original tentacles served as life support.

Finally, they just used what was originally intended for The Lizard and gave most of it to Doc Ock and viola -- Spider-Man 2. :oldrazz:

None of that is relevant when you concentrate on what's important, the final product. Lots of things get thrown on walls to see if they stick. You can't take anything away from Sony for SM2.

Wan't all of that Avi Arad? Especially the Doc Ock/MJ relationship thing. This just proves that all the ****** rumors of SM4 were probably never gonna end up in the movie.

Wan't all of that Avi Arad? Especially the Doc Ock/MJ relationship thing.

It wasn't, despite the well-deserved flack Avi gets. I think he was against Green Goblin and Doc Ock being villains for the first film, too.

In September 2002, Michael Chabon was hired to rewrite. His draft had a younger Doc Ock, who becomes infatuated with Mary Jane. His mechanical limbs use endorphins to counteract the pain of being attached to his body, which he enjoys. When he injures two muggers on a date, this horrifies Mary Jane and in the resulting battle with Spider-Man his tentacles are fused together, and the fusion begins to kill him. In the script, Octavius is the creator of the genetically-altered spider from the first film, and gives Peter an antidote to remove his powers: this means when Octavius is dying with his tentacles, he wants to extract Spider-Man's spine to save himself. This leads to the alliance with Harry in the final film. Beforehand, Harry and the Daily Bugle put a $10 million price on Spider-Man's head, causing the city's citizens to turn against him. Producer Avi Arad rejected the love triangle angle on Ock, and found Harry putting a price on Spider-Man's head unsubtle.

This just proves that all the ****** rumors of SM4 were probably never gonna end up in the movie.

Maybe some, but certainly not all.

It wasn't, despite the well-deserved flack Avi gets. I think he was against Green Goblin and Doc Ock being villains for the first film, too.

I suppose he wanted Venom instead... because of toys! :o

Wait wait wait, Tom Holland's 20?

Better reboot, he'll be too old for HS in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"