Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - Part 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'd fit if they plan to introduce Oscorp as an up-and-coming corporation that'll look to rival Stark Industries.

Could even have Norman Osborn be "one of the people", meaning he'll tell 'em everything they want to hear, give 'em false promises, etc. and try to have 'em favor Oscorp over SI due to the events of CW.

I like the idea of Norman being younger than Stark myself.

Btw, Logan Marshall-Green. He's not Tinkerer because we know that role wil be played by a poc. I think he's definitely Norman.

He's a bit of a come down from Willem Dafoe. And he's not even in the same league as Michael Keaton. Surely Marvel would want to cast a bigger name and someone more established for Norman Osborn.

Eh, if Chris Evans can go from being Human Torch to Captain America flawlessly, I'd be willing to give LMG a shot if he's Norman.

I've only ever seen him act in Devil and while the movie sucked, he was alright. No idea if he's considered 'good' or not.

He's a bit of a come down from Willem Dafoe. And he's not even in the same league as Michael Keaton. Surely Marvel would want to cast a bigger name and someone more established for Norman Osborn.
I don't know, I think he looks kind of like 'a version' of Norman. Idk, we'll see what happens. Don't know who else he could be.

Agree , if you are going to cast Norman Osborn , he needs to be at least the same level as Michael Keaton when it comes to screen presence , and that's a pretty high bar

Logan Marshall-Green reminds me more of Corey Stroll

Not all the villains have to be super villains. He could be an antagonist for Michael Keaton. Maybe Vulture has some beef with someone.

You really did get your wish, PBP.

Not often either, to be honest. :yay:

Freaks and Geeks reunion with Daley and Starr with a bit of Community (Glover) thrown in. Let's not forget the likes of Holland and Downey and I could see this film being very very comedic/light. Perfect for the first film.

Sequels are well things can be a bit more heavy if need be.

This movie is getting a bit stuffed, so far there are 12 people in this cast, I wonder if there's any more.

:huh:
The question is, where are you getting your information from? It was common Knowledge that three out of the final six consisted of a 16 year-old, a 15 year-old AND a 14 year-old:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-hopefuls-screen-test-798995
http://deadline.com/2015/06/spider-man-casting-short-list-chipping-from-the-green-1201442425/
http://collider.com/new-spider-man-actor-finalists-emerge-decision-coming-soon/
^ THAT was the final shortlist Not this one:
http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-s...ar-nat-wolff-hugos-asa-butterfield-exclusive/

As for how I know Lintz made it to the final three; various people who worked for the Trades kept us updated on who was being axed from the shortlist, this included Borys Kit, Jeff Sneider and a few others I can't remember.

I forgot Lintz even existed so that's my bad, but when you mentioned a 14 year old as the final 3, I was confused where you got the information that Barbieri was final 3, but you were referring to Lintz.

Maybe he's Flint Marko? He looks like a dead-ringer for Tom Hardy who we know Sony wanted for Sandman. It'd be awesome if Spidey apprehended Marko before he gets his powers ala SSM. Plant dem seeds, Marvel. Plant 'em.
This movie is getting a bit stuffed, so far there are 12 people in this cast, I wonder if there's any more.

I forgot Lintz even existed so that's my bad, but when you mentioned a 14 year old as the final 3, I was confused where you got the information that Barbieri was final 3, but you were referring to Lintz.
Might be a mistake, but yeah, a 14 year-old was pretty close to getting the role and the opposite actually happened where Marvel removed three of the 18-20 year olds and replaced them with 14-16 year olds for the final shortlist.

Last edited:

You'd have to think some will just have very minor roles (with plans to expand on 'em later) or cameos as noticeable characters.

Maybe he's Flint Marko? He looks like a dead-ringer for Tom Hardy who we know Sony wanted for Sandman. It'd be awesome if Spidey apprehended Marko before he gets his powers ala SSM. Plant dem seeds, Marvel. Plant 'em.

Maybe Flint Marko murdered Uncle Ben.

Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, Michael Keaton, Robert Downey Jr., Tony Revolori, Laura Harrier, Logan Marshall Green, Donald Glover, Martin Starr, Kenneth Choi, and Michael Barbieri.

:hmr:
Quite the cast. :up: NOW we just need to know who they're playing. :o

Off topic but, I hope Peter's Spider-Suit in the film looks like the suit from the upcoming PS4 game.

Off topic but, I hope Peter's Spider-Suit in the film looks like the suit from the upcoming PS4 game.
Uhh, no thanks. I like the suit in the contex of the game but not a standard Spidey suit. Homecoming will most probably be the CW suit with some tweaks anyway.

TnQRX6v.gif

Quite the cast. :up: NOW we just need to know who they're playing. :o

Peter, Aunt May, "Michelle", Vulture, Stark, "Manuel", Liz?, Norman, Robbie Robertson, Tinkerer, Principal Morita, and Harry. There! :o

There's no way this LMG guy is Norman. And if he is, that's absolutely horrible. Not that the guy isn't a good actor or couldn't do a good job, but there's an opportunity to create an absolutely epic and unforgettable Norman/GG, with a TON of great actors (look in the Norman thread) who could be amazing.

Norman/GG in this new franchise needs to be the Joker of the MCU. No exceptions

Last edited:
There's no way this LMG guy is Norman. And if he is, that's absolutely horrible. Not that the guy isn't a good actor or couldn't do a good job, but there's an opportunity to create an absolutely epic and unforgettable Norman/GG, with a TON of great actors (look in the Norman thread) who could be amazing.

Norman/GG in this new franchise needs to be the Joker of the MCU. No exceptions

He probably isn't Norman, I was mostly kidding anyway. But, who knows. I don't think he's Tinkerer and I can't see them introducing Kraven in this. I was thinking Keaton is JJJ and LMG is Scorpion, but that's pretty unlikely. *patiently waits for that press release...*

I'm thinking Starr/Glover is Tinkerer and the other one is a teacher. Also, remember when that guy from comicbookcast said a certain casting would "break the internet" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"